News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cut-outs...?

Started by Charger500, January 27, 2007, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger500

I am about to put a new exhaust system on my 70' and was wondering if anyone has put cut-outs on their exhaust system? Do you like it...? Thanks

Charger500

Charger-Bodie

if youre talking about the 600.00 electric ones go for it but if you meen the ones you have to take nuts of id say no unless its gonna see alot of track time :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

MoparMotel

I've got the ones with the removable nuts and i love them......'69 Charger with a 440....I have flowmaster 40 series mufflers but there is no other sound than with the cut outs open  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger

BrianShaughnessy

My friend George has the QTP electric deals on his 572 HEMI Road Runner http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
Looks like almost $400.    He likes them.   It's just more fun when you're smoking up big MT's with the noise.

I thought about putting on an accurate max wedge H pipe on with the built in cutouts  but I ended up with the regular TTI 3"  X pipe system.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

george68hemirr

yes i have them on the roadrunner and the are great....the only downfall is you have to count to 5 and let go of the toggle switch or you could burn out the motors....otherwise when you go to a show and hit the switch you really get everyones attention when you pull in and another good thing is at the drags flip the switch and go down the track....no fuss no muss....i think they are garenteed for 3 years

Rolling_Thunder

My boss has them on his GTX that i run around in quite often and he and I both love them - the engine is a 440 with a 4-speed...    stock replacement mufflers (QUIET) and then hit the switch and it gets loud...     its great...    I can take a date out with them closed or go cruising the blvd with them open....     practical for "making an impression"
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

summit has them for $299.  I'd like to put them on my 55 if i go with a full system, i'm still debating though.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

deathcharger71

i have the ones where you unscrew the bolts....its fun  :icon_smile_big: its always nice to be cabable of making a LOT of noise!