News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever see a 71 Charger 500?

Started by Doright, February 02, 2007, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doright

Any body ever see one?
Have any idea how many were produced?
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Nacho-RT74

several members actually own one of them, and as far I remmeber I think there is a couple of threads about it

about production numbers. What I have is 10306 produced
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

in 71 the 500 was nothing more than a trim package, I remember in the 80s I was looking at one with a 318.  It was a good driver but the guy wanted $1,000 for a 318 charger.  That was at least $200 over priced for the day :rotz: If we only knew then what we know now!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Doright

I found one a while back and its still there just wondering if it was worth picking up or better left for some one else.
It was a 383 car, buckets rally dash white interior missing eng. and trans and rear end straite rust free body and a compleet interior.
Still I often wonder what the production numbers were for that thing and if it was worth draging home.
Doright
A&P FCC 

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Charger1973

They dont seem to be all that desirable yet compared to some of the other models, but they had some cool features like the R/T taillights.

chgr500

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 02, 2007, 05:45:17 PM
They dont seem to be all that desirable yet compared to some of the other models, but they had some cool features like the R/T taillights.

You guy's are really starting to hurt my feelings :cryin:.....383, black guts, buckets, console, slapstick, rallye dash, pedal dress up, R/T style interior, wheel lip moldings and rocker trim. front and rear hood, trunk and fender moldings, full vynil roof and of course the most desired taillamps of all 3rd gens...all stock options on the 500 model........I know....... it's just a Charger 500...
Rather have a 500 than a nerd Superbee with bench seat column shift and non rallye dash...but that's me
The Superbees were the popular model for '71 due to it's affordability into the muscle car dept.....that why the R/T had low production for '71....the S.E.'s were olso very popular with high production numbers :Twocents:

Bought it in '84 for $750.....never seen a body shop...till I got of hold of a bunch of free rattle cans.......these are also one of the lowest production Chargers for '71.....kinda rare..especially BIG blocks
I know I have a few moifications on here,  but they are all O.E.M. 3rd gen parts.

chgr500

Original paint on firewall.....Whole car was this color....really faded and thin paint with rust formation starting on the edges...sooooo along came the rattle cans lol    '74 hood

chgr500

Charger 500's rule!

mikesbbody

Quote from: chgr500 on February 02, 2007, 09:33:11 PM
Charger 500's rule
i agree with chgr500! they do rule i wish i had one myself!

Doright

Yep I like it too it has all the cool options but I was just wondering on production numbers I bet in the end they are kinda low when all the numbers are comapared to all the RT's and Ralley's when compared to the plain Janes
Doright
A&P FCC 

Bandit72

Quote from: chgr500 on February 02, 2007, 09:21:37 PM
Quote from: Charger1973 on February 02, 2007, 05:45:17 PM

You guy's are really starting to hurt my feelings :cryin:.....383, black guts, buckets, console, slapstick, rallye dash, pedal dress up, R/T style interior, wheel lip moldings and rocker trim. front and rear hood, trunk and fender moldings, full vynil roof and of course the most desired taillamps of all 3rd gens...all stock options on the 500 model........I know....... it's just a Charger 500...
Rather have a 500 than a nerd Superbee with bench seat column shift and non rallye dash...but that's me
The Superbees were the popular model for '71 due to it's affordability into the muscle car dept.....that why the R/T had low production for '71....the S.E.'s were olso very popular with high production numbers :Twocents:

Bought it in '84 for $750.....never seen a body shop...till I got of hold of a bunch of free rattle cans.......these are also one of the lowest production Chargers for '71.....kinda rare..especially BIG blocks
I know I have a few moifications on here,  but they are all O.E.M. 3rd gen parts.

dude, i love your car  :drool5:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Charger1973

Yeah that is the most bad ass looking 71 C500 I have seen. 

Chargerguy74

Quote from: chgr500 on February 02, 2007, 09:22:32 PM
Original paint on firewall.....Whole car was this color....really faded and thin paint with rust formation starting on the edges...sooooo along came the rattle cans lol    '74 hood

Gun metal?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

chgr500

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on February 03, 2007, 02:29:57 AM
Quote from: chgr500 on February 02, 2007, 09:22:32 PM

Gun metal?

GA4 light metalic gunmetal grey?  Looks like a light bluish / grey to me...But who knows what it looked like new....There's rust on the rear quarters for and aft of the wheel wells....some inner wheel well  rust on the right side... a thumb size spot on the rear window panel.....quarters have dents all over, but that's about it for rust....well a little on the hood hinges....solid trunk, frame rails, rockers, fenders etc, but then again it has no signs of ever been smacked or even ever been in a body shop.

Maybe I should get a job with HPLAG....with my photo abilities   lol

I really can't decide what color to paint it...since there's no numbers match going on here...I just want it too look good......Some choices are go green...black out hood....black r/t stripe and full black vynil......or triple black....with some matt black on the powerbulge...rear spoiler..and powder coat the wheels and louvers to match.........I have a mint R/T insert to put on I'm looking for an insert powerbulge hood to finish off the look I'm after.....
I'm stilll leaning towards the triple black combo 'cause I don't really care for the R/T stripes that much...I would then likely skip the stripes......besides have you ever seen a triple black Charger that didn't look good

What color do you think???

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Doright on February 02, 2007, 12:37:22 PM
Any body ever see one?
Have any idea how many were produced?

I almost bought a 71 500 car before I got my Superbee.

It was in Mississippi, but it just wasn't as good as it was advertised. The thing is though, the 500's came with good gear and really look the part. The R/T tail lights, the good interior.....if you grab a big block and a bulge hood you're on your way. People say things like "it's just a 500", but what the heck does that mean ? If that was the general concensus then we should all sell everything we've got and hang out at prestige auctions with a million dollars in our pockets.

I like the 500's, trim option or not.

Peter
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

twilt

Quote from: chgr500 on February 03, 2007, 03:00:42 AM

I really can't decide what color to paint it...since there's no numbers match going on here...I just want it too look good......Some choices are go green...black out hood....black r/t stripe and full black vynil......or triple black....with some matt black on the powerbulge...rear spoiler..and powder coat the wheels and louvers to match.........I have a mint R/T insert to put on I'm looking for an insert powerbulge hood to finish off the look I'm after.....
I'm stilll leaning towards the triple black combo 'cause I don't really care for the R/T stripes that much...I would then likely skip the stripes......besides have you ever seen a triple black Charger that didn't look good

I like the original GA4 Gunmetal color. I know it doesn`t look that great when faded but it does look awesome when new.

On a side note, I`m jealous of your rear window louver.....the jerk off who was selling them on ebay took my money and never shipped mine. (paid for it sept 15th) He is now "no longer a registered user"   :flame:

Charger1973

Quote from: twilt on February 03, 2007, 07:36:44 AM
On a side note, I`m jealous of your rear window louver.....the jerk off who was selling them on ebay took my money and never shipped mine. (paid for it sept 15th) He is now "no longer a registered user"   :flame:

Did you try to email him directly?  If they kicked him off for a reason that was not his fault (it does happen) they delete all the auctions like they never happened.  Is it possible that he may have just not had your contact info to send them?

Doright

I was wondering to what happend to that guy I wanted to buy 2 of those loover kits for my cars!
Havnt seen hide nor hair of him in a long while they were suposed to be custom made from aluminum 500 bucks though.
There is another guy making fiber glass ones for more money than that :(
Doright
A&P FCC 

chgr500

Quote from: twilt on February 03, 2007, 07:36:44 AM
Quote from: chgr500 on February 03, 2007, 03:00:42 AM

I like the original GA4 Gunmetal color. I know it doesn`t look that great when faded but it does look awesome when new.

On a side note, I`m jealous of your rear window louver.....the jerk off who was selling them on ebay took my money and never shipped mine. (paid for it sept 15th) He is now "no longer a registered user" :flame:

Sorry to hear that twilt......Did you try his contact number......He seemed so helpful and prompt with response when I called him directly?
I see his feedback doesn't look too good anymore....but worth a try?  He just didn't sound like a rip off type guy when I talked to him...of course it is easy to deceive over the phone.  Took quite some time to receive my set....but not 3 months

Contact John at 724-397-9049 or

E Mail    jimangie15748@netzero.com or rtjohn91@hotmail.com