News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68/69 Charger Grill Trim Group Buy!!!

Started by Troy, February 01, 2007, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Well, it's been a while but now it's close(r). I just received word from Jason at Gunslinger that the last peices of the grill trim are finally satisfactory, have been approved, and are in production. He has offered us a pre-order discount like he did with the checkmark trim. Here's a quote from the email:
QuoteTroy, I finally have the tooling for the grill corners right. Started production and will have the complete grill trim for the 68 and 69 in stock about the end of Feb, beginning of May. I can give anyone who wants to prepay a 20% discount off the regular prices. If they do not want to prepay, I can reserve a set for them at a 10% discount also. My web site has not been updated yet, so they are not listed yet.

Description:
QuoteThese Grill Trim Parts are basically made the same as the originals in material, finish, and workmanship. They are not the plastic chrome plated parts that are being sold by others. Each part is stamped from a sheet of aluminum, formed, then polished and finished with the correct R-5 brite finish like the originals. Today, this R-5 brite finish is primarily used in the lighting industry as reflective surface to make the light reflect back to make the light brighter.  Each part is formed in a tooling made of hardened and tempered A2 tool steel. This tooling is rigid and does not flex or distort.  Being made from tool steel insures that each part will be the same if its the first part or the 100,000th part. The fit is like an original part and they look excellent before and after installation.

69 Charger Grill Trim

7 Piece SetRetail $425.00Less 20% = $340 + $12.50 Priority Mail Shipping
Grill I BeamRetail $190.00Less 20% = $152 + $12.50 Priority Mail Shipping
Set of 4 Straight pieces with ship.  Retail $125.00Less 20% = $100 + $12.50 Priority Mail Shipping
Set of L & R Corner pieces with ship.  Retail $150.00Less 20% = $120 + $12.50 Priority Mail Shipping

68 Charger Grill Trim (Must be shipped in 2 boxes)

4 piece SetRetail $265.00Less 20% = $212 + $26.50 Priority Mail Shipping
Set of 2 Angled 58" Straight piecesRetail $125.00Less 20% = $100 + $14.50 Priority Mail Shipping
Set of L & R Corner piecesRetail $150.00Less 20% = $120 + $12.50 Priority Mail Shipping

If you are interested then contact Jason directly. He accepts cash, check, or credit card but NO PayPal.
Gunslinger727@earthlink.net
WWW.Gunslinger727.com
775-750-0988

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

Troy

Do you think he means they are available for the end of February beginning of March? I don't want to have the grill tore apart in May.

Thanks

Ty
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

OttawaCharger

So these are the same material as the originals? 
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

BrianShaughnessy

I was on the phone with Jason last night around 5pm pre ordering my corners and straights before this was posted.
I've had the center I for awhile now... it's a wonderful thing.

No, not the same anodized finish as original.   It's polished.  And it also beats the chromed plastic center I piece (Charger Specialties?) sold by YO, Paddock, etc. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

OttawaCharger

Brian - thanks for the info.  Sounds like real quality work.

Troy

I asked Jason for a more detailed description of the pieces (mainly because I don't want to screw it up). If anyone has his 'I' piece or check mark trim already I'm sure they'll vouch for the quality.

Here's a pic I took a while back of the 'I' piece (the piece under it is one of the top or bottom straight sections):

Troy

Troy

Troy

It's possible that those parts are made by Gunslinger but I don't know who all carries his parts. That isn't his eBay ID though. Those sets are missing the corners as well - which is what has been holding up the works for a year or so. The corners are apparently very difficult to get right with the compound curves.

Just a note of caution: When you look at the 68 top and bottom pieces there should be a distinct "point" in the center - it should not be rounded or bent looking. If you find an anodized set with a point it was probably made by Jason.

Troy

lookin@my68

Quote from: Troy on February 03, 2007, 10:12:48 AM
It's possible that those parts are made by Gunslinger but I don't know who all carries his parts. That isn't his eBay ID though. Those sets are missing the corners as well - which is what has been holding up the works for a year or so. The corners are apparently very difficult to get right with the compound curves.

Just a note of caution: When you look at the 68 top and bottom pieces there should be a distinct "point" in the center - it should not be rounded or bent looking. If you find an anodized set with a point it was probably made by Jason.

Troy

Thanks Troy...

Dennis K

I'm pretty sure that those ones on ebay are made by Metro. I bought a set of them when they first became available. Now I wish I would have waited, since the I'm going to be getting the end pieces from Gunslinger, and I have to see if the finish matches. I might have to resell my Metro pieces and get the long pieces from Gunslinger as well if the finish doesn't match.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69DodgeCharger

Has anybody actually installed a set of this trim yet?, and if so what were their results. If it's good maybe I will just step up now with some tax money and get a set.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

towman

Im definitely interested too i would also like to see more pic's please and do they mount like oem ones and are they alum. or stainless someone in this post said they were stainless but now i dont see the post anyway if they are like oem i'll take the whole set.

Dennis K

Troy updated his original post with the description saying that  the parts are brite-coated polished aluminum, like the original parts. I just sent Gunslinger an email to order mine. Thanks for this post!

Back N Black

I bought The 'I' piece and the four long pieces from e-bay and installed them, i'm happy with it.

Troy

Just to clarify...

this is a pre-order and the end pieces are still being manufactured so it is highly unlikely that anyone out there has a full set to take pictures of. Jason has the prototypes/samples mounted to a 69 Charger grill and I can probably get more detailed pictures of those. He did have a small number of good ones out of his last sample batch so there may be 13-16 sets in existence somewhere. They are pre-production though and there may have been some minor changes.

From my understanding, the anodizing can be slightly different even from the same manufacturer because it seems to be dependent on temperature, duration of treatment, and even age of the solution. Ask Dodge Don (I think) about anodized wiper motors. ;) When buying parts from multiple manufacturers it's best to compare them side by side - especially on polished or chrome pieces.

Yes, they are aluminum.

Ty, it's possible that he really did mean "May" but I ask for clarification. Manufacturers and polishers aren't exactly prompt and may or may not have decent estimating skills. When you're relying on someone else it's hard to pin down an exact date.

Troy

resq302

Troy,

How long is this group buy good for?  I am kind of short on money right now but might have some in the next month or two.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

towman

i preorderd mine last night. Jason is a super nice guy he will anewser any questions you guys may  have, he said they are the same as oem they have the same anodizing as oem and mount the same way as oem ones do, good enough for me

smasherofall

priority mail for for the corner pieces on a 68 at $24.50 sounds a little high. one pound is only 4.05, $20 for a box?

Troy

Quote from: smasherofall on February 06, 2007, 03:00:16 PM
priority mail for for the corner pieces on a 68 at $24.50 sounds a little high. one pound is only 4.05, $20 for a box?
I got an answer on the shipping and modified the original post with the correct pricing.

Troy

Judhudson

Quote from: resq302 on February 06, 2007, 01:38:29 PM
Troy,

How long is this group buy good for? I am kind of short on money right now but might have some in the next month or two.

I second this.  It'd be perfect since I'm converting my 68 grill to a 69.

Troy

Quote from: Judhudson on February 06, 2007, 09:47:43 PM
Troy,

How long is this group buy good for? I am kind of short on money right now but might have some in the next month or two.

I didn't get an answer on that question but my guess is that it's only good until the parts actually arrive - then they go to whoever has the money first. I think the checkmark trim pre-order went all the way up until a few days before the boxes arrived on his doorstep but I'll ask. Perhaps you guys could call/email Jason and report back.

Troy

resq302

Quote from: Troy on February 06, 2007, 10:43:10 PM
Quote from: Judhudson on February 06, 2007, 09:47:43 PM
Troy,

I didn't get an answer on that question but my guess is that it's only good until the parts actually arrive - then they go to whoever has the money first. I think the checkmark trim pre-order went all the way up until a few days before the boxes arrived on his doorstep but I'll ask. Perhaps you guys could call/email Jason and report back.

Troy

Troy, I can try and call Jason.  Don't know when it will be though as I will be running around looking for a new/used car for my sister in law who blew up her trans in her Kia again.  (Kia replaced it a year and a half ago and refuses to warranty it claiming it only had a one year warranty even though the car has 15,000 miles on that trans).   With any luck I will be able to talk to Jason in the next week or two.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Charger Aficionado

Here is a comparison to the NOS "I" piece I had to the Gunslinger Repo...  Only difference i noticed were the tabs length (they are hidden anyway)...  Quality is 2nd to none:

charge-it

I`d take a complete set of the 68 trim. What is the contact info/phone number?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mikepmcs

If you are interested then contact Jason directly. He accepts cash, check, or credit card but NO PayPal.
WWW.Gunslinger727.com
775-750-0988

Troy

This info was in the first post. :thumbs:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 07, 2007, 11:39:58 PM
Here is a comparison to the NOS "I" piece I had to the Gunslinger Repo...  Only difference i noticed were the tabs length (they are hidden anyway)...  Quality is 2nd to none:

Thanks for posting the comparison pics!... Those are just what I needed to see... Looks like I'm gonna be spending some more money!!!  :P

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on February 10, 2007, 10:22:51 AM
Thanks for posting the comparison pics!... Those are just what I needed to see... Looks like I'm gonna be spending some more money!!!  :P
Y/W  :)   I'm GLAD to see people making this stuff!!!

2Gunz

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

Quote from: 41husk on February 26, 2007, 01:03:28 PM
How long does this sale last?
Until the parts are here I believe. Once they're in stock the "pre-order" part goes away.

Troy

gers1968rt

I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

almerkel

Purchased today.  Hope the parts are as nice as they look.  Nice person to do business with.   ;)

Mfr426

I bought all of these parts last year and installed. They are very, very nice!

Mike R in Reading PA

Troy

Ok, I just got word from Jason!
Troy, we were out of contact for a few days as we drove to the Vegas show and back.   Returned home late yesterday.   Wanted to adivse everyone that the grill tirm is ready.    It was to be shipped to us while we were gone, so instead of waiting, i had it shipped to us in Vegas.     We are packaging all orders today and will ship everythigun by tomorrow.    Everyone should receive by Monday/Tuesday.     Thanks for waiting.

Troy

nitrousn

Is the group buy still good? If so who do i contact. Thanks....

Troy

Quote from: nitrousn on April 05, 2007, 12:52:26 PM
Is the group buy still good? If so who do i contact. Thanks....
The original statement was that the group buy was a "pre-order". Now that the parts are in stock I'm not sure what to tell you. My best advice is to contact Gunslinger ASAP and see if he'll still give you the group rate.

Troy

mikepmcs

WWW.Gunslinger727.com
775-750-0988

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nitrousn

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 05, 2007, 03:09:34 PM
WWW.Gunslinger727.com
775-750-0988

v/r
Mike

Thanks i just e-mailed him.

Dennis K

Thanks for the update. I can't wait till next week. I'll feel like a kid at Christmas!

nitrousn

Jason took my order at the group buy price. Great guy. He also said the buy was over tomorrow at noon. So if any one else wants the deal they had better jump now.

scottmiller

Quote from: nitrousn on April 05, 2007, 08:59:21 PM
Jason took my order at the group buy price. Great guy. He also said the buy was over tomorrow at noon. So if any one else wants the deal they had better jump now.

I just called and the group buy is over.  They are selling for the $425 retail price now.  Probably still a good deal ($25 bucks more than the plastic pieces from other places).

-Scott

towman

WOW!! i got mine in the mail today and they are awsome i mean perfect dead on i would highly recommend them thanks gunslinger !!! i cant wait to see whats next maybe tail light chrome trim ???

Sixtyeight

Hi,

I see you all buying new grill trims over there, I was wondering, what you all do with the old and damaged ones? Please don't throw away, but send me a pm. I might be interested!

Thanks

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

darrin75

I need a set of these,, discount over damn :flame: :flame:
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Troy

Send Jason an email or call him. You may not get the group rate but he's probably willing to work out a deal. Be sure to tell him where you saw them. :2thumbs:

Troy

poppa

Yep....I could use some now.A day late and a dollar short,story of my life.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

1FastCharger

Hey Guys, I wrote to him a few days ago about the group buy. It seems it is over, but DC.COM members can still get a discount. Here is his Email to me.

"Chris, the group buy has expired.     As individual parts, the price is $460.  As a set, the discounted cost is $425.    Because you are a member of the Charger .com website, I can give you a special price of $390 including the shipping.     If that is ok, you can send me your phone number and i will call you, or you can call me.    775-750-0988.    I can then get the necessary credit card info at this time.   If you prefer, you can send a check or mondy order made payable to M Kubinski at the below address

Jason Kubinski, The Gunslinger Dude
gunslinger727@earthlink.net 775-750-0988
Gunslinger Automotive Products, Inc
11518 Highway 10 N
Foster, Ky 41043"
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

bull

Hold the phone! I just got an email from Jason and, among other things, he wrote, "Yes, we will extend the group buy offer, so we can do the 20% off, but i need to talk to Troy about how to be fair to everyone..."

I hope he's not too inconvenienced by this but I'm glad he's trying to work something out for the stragglers. :2thumbs:

darrin75

yeah let me know 69 here
darrin75@newwavecomm.net

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Silver R/T

Id like to get a set for 68 also.
mitmaks@yahoo.com
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

OttawaCharger

Hell ya!  where do I sign up for that? I'll take a set for my 68.  :yesnod:

PS - Bull thanks for going to bat for us.

danmc77

I'm in if the GB is still being offered.

bull

Troy

Quote from: bull on October 19, 2007, 12:25:16 AM
Troy, any word from Jason yet?
Yes - but I'm waiting on the second word... ;)

Jason is concerned with making anyone upset and causing them to say bad things about him (as apparently some people have :flame:). This price was a special price to reward anyone willing to take a chance and pre-order these parts. The parts have been in stock and available since early April so, by default, the group buy ended then. Giving the same price to anyone now seems to be unfair to the people who ordered the first time but not honoring the same price now causes people to complain. Apparently some people have been telling him that the group buy is still listed as being valid and then getting irate if he won't honor it. It's really a no-win situation as he sees it. Perhaps I should have deleted the thread so there could be no confusion? I don't appreciate people trying to take advantage of vendors who willingly help us out. Jason will bend over backwards to make his customers happy so it really bugs me to see how unappreciative some people are. As a general rule, Jason has been giving 10% discounts to anyone mentioning the site but it isn't a published rate and there's no coupon code. This is why I always say to call or email him directly when the subject comes up. The "set" is already discounted as well so 20% off the top of that is a lot to absorb for a small vendor - especially for an extended period of time.

Having said all that, Jason and I have discussed several options including a totally new group buy and/or a permanent DC.com discount for all of his products. In my opinion it is his business and he knows what he can afford to offer. He's working out the details now and I should hear something soon.

Quote from: bull on October 20, 2007, 10:59:55 AM
Is this the same seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-CHARGER-SE-RT-GRILL-TRIM-made-in-USA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQihZ019QQitemZ290171938870
No.

Troy

68charger383

Thanks Troy and Bull.

Someone always complains.  :RantExplode:

I'm not looking to buy a set right now if I had to go out and buy them on ebay...other things on my list ahead of these since mine are a good driver quality. However, at this group rate buy price, it would be worth my while to put these at the top of my list and buy them now and throw them on my car.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

darrin75

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 20, 2007, 12:36:35 PM
Thanks Troy and Bull.

I'm not looking to buy a set right now if I had to go out and buy them on ebay...other things on my list ahead of these since mine are a good driver quality. However, at this group rate buy price, it would be worth my while to put these at the top of my list and buy them now and throw them on my car.

This is my situation as well, If I could find a good deal to help me out and gunslinger to still made something on these thats what I am looking for.  Suggestion to gunslinger is to offer another group buy perhaps not as much as the one before, perhaps 20 -30 bucks more, so people from the earlier buy will not complain.  Although a group buy or discount is the only way I would snag these now as I have a decent set, but would like to have better ones

bull

Thanks Troy and Bull.

Quote from: darrin75 on October 20, 2007, 01:49:46 PM
Thanks Troy and Bull.

This is my situation as well, If I could find a good deal to help me out and gunslinger to still made something on these thats what I am looking for. Suggestion to gunslinger is to offer another group buy perhaps not as much as the one before, perhaps 20 -30 bucks more, so people from the earlier buy will not complain. Although a group buy or discount is the only way I would snag these now as I have a decent set, but would like to have better ones

This has been my problem since I bought my '68. Always trying to save money for the essentials and then another reproduction parts hits the market with a group buy here and then I'm at odds with myself as to whether to buy it or not. If I bought all the reproduction stuff I needed I wouldn't have enough $$$ to paint the car so I end up having to put off one or the other. Oh well, if that's the only real problem I have I'm doing pretty good.