News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Video of my car...

Started by chargerrt, February 01, 2007, 01:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

I have a video of my Charger that was recorded the day that I got my 3" Flowmaster exhaust system on it, but I can't find out how to upload it to youtube or post it anywhere.  I uploaded the video to video editing software on my computer, did some cutting, smoothed out the transitions, and saved it but when I try to upload it anywhere I get denied because of the format.  How can I change this?  I'd like to post the video up for you guys to see

CB

how big is the mediafile? I could host it on my website for a while if you want.
Don't know about utube and such sorry.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TripleBlackGator

What is the media type? Mpeg, AVI, WMV, Quicktime? Also, what is the encoding?  Mpeg 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Also make sure you are saving as NTSC and not PAL. Can you play the video on your PC? If so, what program runs it so you can watch it? When you save your video in a file on your PC it will ask what type of file you want to save. More compression less quality and the faster people can download it but file size be damned since many people have DSL or Cable modem I say little or no compression but then the file size may be bigger than YouTube or other sights allow. Check your settings in your editing software. Check what formats YouTube allows and the maximum file size. Hope some of this helps.  I'd like to hear that 3" Flowmaster myself. What series? 40? Super 40?  ;)
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

chargerrt

Charger Exhaust First Day_1.mpg.MVD

Thats the filename of my video...or at least its what it shows on youtube.  When I looked at the properties of the file it says it's a .mpg file and that the size is 267kb (I think this size is wrong though. The video is about 2:46 long...)  The file opens with MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 11. 

The exaust is Flowmaster Super 40s.

Hope that gives you an idea of what the deal is

chargerrt

BTW....whats the name of your site CB?  If you want to host it that would be cool.  I just gotta find out how to get it to you ???

MorePwr

Try using Google video hosting.  http://video.google.com/ I had a heck of a time with youtube. even when I did get vids to upload, the audio was out of sinc with the vid.

Google has a free downloadable "uploader" works great. 150meg no problem. They should handle your file type. but if not. your movie editor has a converter. ya just gotta find it.

chargerrt

I still haven't figured out how to change the file type so I can upload this video...

mikepmcs

i tried to copy and paste your title on youtube and it said no such video found. I even tried just charger exhaust as well.  Found a video of a nice 73 charger though.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MorePwr

Quote from: chargerrt on February 05, 2007, 05:05:40 PM
I still haven't figured out how to change the file type so I can upload this video...

the converter option on my movie editor pops up when I save a project/movie it'll ask "what file type" then I'll get a dropdown list of file types and sizes.

chargerrt

ok I think I might have figured it out...it's uploading on youtube right now and taking a lot longer than it used to....I guess it's because it's a file type that they can use

MorePwr

chargerrt

video finally uploaded on Google.  I'll post the link in General Discussion.  Thanks to all who helped me out with this ;)