News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Charger came thisclose to being T-Boned tonight...

Started by DarkAngel0816, September 03, 2005, 11:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel0816

A guy with his kid in a newer VW Beetle almost T-boned me.  He ran a stop sign just as I was going through it and luckily he stopped in time.  But then he looked at me like I Did something wrong until I pointed out the stop sign he had just ran through.  Moron.

I honestly would have not cared too much about the car, but I had my eight year old brother with me and he would of hit his side of the car.  We had just left the cruise in tonight in town (which was pretty busy) and heading home...with him totally  happy for he had raised some money for the Hurricane victims.  So yeah, my heart stopped for a moment.

Last night smasherofall, who helped me find a bigger radiator, came over and put it in for me.  :)  Did get warm, but the hot air was front the vents and not from under the dash so that is a good thing.  It smoked for a few...but more in likely from spilled stuff on the engine (I just got it back from having a new oil pan installed).  But man...the tune up I got was awesome.  Runs awesome!  Way better!  But I think I may  need transmission work.  lol

Did meet a guy who came up to me asking if I owned it.  Told me he has a 69 that is up in Wisconsin, but will be towed down here in a month (he moved here I guess).  I feel bad for I did not even think of asking for his name, but was curious if it may be someone from here? 

Beautiful night.  I love taking the Charger out.  Pretty much it has turned into my Saturday night car...but this winter is when I will get really going on doing some cosmetic work done on it.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Charger_Fan

You should have flicked a booger on his windshield. :D

I'm clad he didn't wreck your Charger. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Close call..... :o  This is why I drive like everyone else on the road is a complete dumbass.  Better safe than sorry.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

73rallye440magnum

that would have really sucked, im always way more attentive when im driving with my younger sister. people are just so stupid sometimes. i just about got t-boned last weekend, was turning left at a 3 way stop and some numb nuts came over the hill, didnt even brake, i bet they were going atleast 45, went right through. if i was 5 seconds earlier it would have been ugly. i was in the ramcharger though so it didnt freak me out too much.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

DarkAngel0816

Yeah and he did not even have his headlights on...came from nowhere.

You know I was rear ended a few years back...I was sitting at a stop light and this guy nailed me going at a high rate of speed.  I remember only pieces of it as I did black out, but when a cop came up to the hospital to bring me a copy of the police report and to check on me...she told me I had went off on this guy to the point when they arrived he was spilling out his guys on how he was to blame and etc.  His insurance company was not happy with him at all.  lol  So this guy tonight got off lucky.

My little brother is 21 years younger then me...I am pretty protective of the little guy even though he can beat me up lol.  HE's my little protector as well.

Silver R/T

those new beetles are turd looking if guy drives that hes a homo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

yeah, i love when other people do stupid stuff and nearly cause you to get in an accident and look at you as if your at fault. Makes me want to drag them out into a field and beat them over the head with a piece of heavy mining equipment.

73ChargerSE

Quote from: drailed on September 04, 2005, 02:13:16 AM
yeah, i love when other people do stupid stuff and nearly cause you to get in an accident and look at you as if your at fault. Makes me want to drag them out into a field and beat them over the head with a piece of heavy mining equipment.

The mining equipment was a good touch  :hah:

CB

You know, when I take out the Charger I sometimes have to smash the brakes for some stupid f#[k
'who didn't see me arriving'  ???
Man,my car is loud, big and heavy.  They must be on Valium... :flame:

I am glad he didn't hit you, for you & your little bro and the cars' sake .
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

blackcharger

Quote from: Ghost on September 03, 2005, 11:19:46 PM
Close call..... :o   This is why I drive like everyone else on the road is a complete dumbass.   Better safe than sorry.

they are! :rant:

LeeBoy

QuoteYou should have flicked a booger on his windshield.
:yesnod:
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

cudaken

Around 1985 I T-boned a 74 Chrysler New Yorker with my 1977 Eldo. Tore that New Yoker a new ass. The intersection had been a 4 way stop for ever. They then changed to a stoplight. I had the green and was doing around 40 MPH. I saw the Yorker pull up, and stop, then it started moving again! ???

Spun the Yorker 360 but Eldo just keept going straight. ;D Old man on a walker was driving, his wife was on a walker as well. Got out and said "Sonny, did'nt you see the stop sign?" Boy I felt bad for him. Had to point out the fact the stop sign's where gone and I had the green light.

I drove my car home, his was totaled.

Cuda Ken
I am back

MoparYoungGun

Close call, I'm glad to hear that everything and everyone was ok. People like this really make me angry :flame: !

That is how my Grandfather was killed about 7/8 years ago. He was driving across a four way intersection with my Grandmother in his 80's Buick when some lady came from no where and ran a red. Of course she was speeding, talking on her cell phone, and obviously not paying attention. Sadly, my Grandfather died at the hospital :'( . Thankfully, my Grandmother only suffered a broken arm and some cuts. She waked away unharmed.

DarkAngel0816

Yeah I do not trust other drivers ever since I got rear ended down in Orlando while I was at a stoplight.

"The sun was in my eyes."  That was the other drivers excuse for not seeing the red light and all of us cars stopped.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on September 05, 2005, 07:53:09 PM
Yeah I do not trust other drivers ever since I got rear ended down in Orlando while I was at a stoplight.

"The sun was in my eyes."   That was the other drivers excuse for not seeing the red light and all of us cars stopped.

I got rear-ended at a stop sign in my junky ol' Grand Am by a guy who was "distracted by that Mustang."  The Mustang drove by in front of me.  So I guess that means I saved that Mustang from getting hit.

He didn't do any damage to my car, and it was a piece of crap car anyway, so I didn't care and we drove on.  EXCEPT...  Moron flew past me in a no passing zone a half mile down the road after that!  I thought I was being kind, thinking that he browned his driver's seat.  But no, he had to make sure he killed someone that day.  I just hope he took himself out with 'em, so he doesn't take out any more.

They give licenses to anyone who knows how to pose for a photo these days.  Probably in part because they are building cars that hardly need a driver (auto everything and a false sense of security).
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

andy74

glad to hear that you,your brother and your ride are ok.people are generally shitty drivers,to the point where you wonder is it safe to go anywhere any more-and i agree,a guy driving a new bettlle is a fag!

70charginglizard

I guess VW intellegence comes as standard equiptment in those German Engineered vehicles.
70charginglizard

Plumcrazy

I use the same philosophy as when I had my motorcycles when I drive the Charger.
Drive like you are invisible

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.