News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 door scoops on 69 charger R/T

Started by moparmark, January 31, 2007, 11:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmark

Hey there,

Just had a question for you guys.

I have a 69 Charger R/T F6 green,auto,with a/c,power windows,hood turn signals,etc.I bought this car about a year ago from a guy in Montana.The car is great but for some reason he put 1970 door scoops on it.I want to remove these but what is the process of doing this?

I assume that both inner door panels will have to be removed and once the scoops are taken off I will have holes left to fill.Am I correct?

Also,does anybody know approximately how many R/T chargers are out there that came factory F6 green?

I would appreciate any info. 

Mark K.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mark, yes you will have to remove the inner panels & yes you will have about 6-8 holes to fill in.

As far as the color question, its impossible to tell exactly how many made because Chrysler did not break down their production records that far down by colors.

I can say not that many were built because F6 was a mid year (spring) color option.  Currently I have 2 F6 green R/T's with auto, A/C & power windows...yours has black interior & another has green interior :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

You know, it's surprising (to me) how many posts there are on this forum about F6 cars, and yet, you only have a couple so far, in the registry.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Tell me about it :rotz:

However I do have more F6 cars but broken down like above there are only 2 so far....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparmark

Hi again,

Regarding my car,would I be better off removing the '70 door scoops and filling in the holes and repainting the doors OR buying 2 doors,painting them and installing them on my car.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Mark K.

1969 Charger R/T,F6 green,auto,A/C,power windows,listed in Chrysler Registry,decoded by Galen Govier May 2004

Charger-Bodie

if youre doors are in good cond id fill the holes and paint the doors possibly blend into the fenders
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dan T

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 01, 2007, 04:55:19 PM

However I do have more F6 cars but broken down like above there are only 2 so far....

Mine is registered!!
:nana:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Dan T on September 21, 2008, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 01, 2007, 04:55:19 PM

Mine is registered!!
:nana:

Correct! but yours doesn't have A/C :nono: 
;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T