News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why they call me Charger1973...

Started by Charger1973, January 31, 2007, 10:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Well it was a long day for me, but a good one.  I just made a deal to buy 4 more 73 Chargers.  Thought you guys would enjoy the pics I took.  They are a little snowed in at the moment but he is going to plow a path so we can get them out and hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get them all here.  1 is a hardtop and the other 3 are SE cars.  All of the SE's are green with white vinyl tops so they look alot alike..  A couple look like definate parts cars but we will see.  I wont really know what I have until I get them all home and cleaned up. 

I have been re-organizing my site and all my direct links are broken, so you will have to go to my site to see the pics:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/dodgechargers

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69-DodgeCharger

Dang good luck, how come you like specifically 73 Chargers so much?

Charger1973

Quote from: 69-DodgeCharger on January 31, 2007, 10:11:46 PM
Dang good luck, how come you like specifically 73 Chargers so much?

Its funny because when I first wanted a Charger I wanted a '69...  I ended up buying a yellow 73 and it really grew on me.  That and it just seems like thats all I find.  Not that its a bad thing.   ;)  For all I know 1 or 2 of these could be 74s I guess I wasnt really looking specifically for the year just condition.  One of the hoods does look like its from a 74 now that I look at the pics again...   It was hard to even see inside them with all the barn dust, plus they are locked and he didnt have the keys on him.  I will know more later.   

supserdave

Nice score! i still have to call about a 73 black SE I saw last weekend.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69charger2002

good score.. you find 73's because they made a bazillion of them. especially SE's. if i'm not mistaken they made more chargers in 1973 than any other year
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger1973

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 31, 2007, 10:47:24 PM
good score.. you find 73's because they made a bazillion of them. especially SE's. if i'm not mistaken they made more chargers in 1973 than any other year
trav

Yeah...  by '73 they had perfected the Charger so they made sure to make plenty of them  ;)  Im starting to think my yard might look like yours pretty soon. 

71ChallengeHer

Nice find. Green like my Challenger. :thumbs: But mines cleaner.

Judhudson

69charger2002

Yeah...  by '73 they had perfected the Charger so they made sure to make plenty of them    Im starting to think my yard might look like yours pretty soon

no no no see by 73 there wasn't anything else to choose from.   :angel:  cudas and challengers looked better, but the quality control was so bad people were scared of them.  so they all had to "settle"for chargers.. lol just messing with you.  my yard doesn't look like that anymore. i think my wife was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and i thought the wasps and mosquitos were going to take over my house.  :)
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

twilt

Nice score! How many PM`s have you got so far asking you to sell parts?   :laugh:

Charger1973

No PMs right now.  Thats good though because I havent even got to look these cars over and see what they need and what they dont.  They will look alot different without the snow and dirt on them. 

The brown car was a driver, he drove it to the shop to get body/paint done but the bodyshop guy took a few parts off and never got back to it.  He drove it to where it sits now about a year ago so with any luck it will still run.  Its a 400 car.

The nicer looking SE is complete, and has a 318 that is locked up.  It does look very complete so if the rust isnt too bad, I have another 318 that im hoping will take care of it. Id like to have a "Grandma" version of the Charger with hubcaps and all, that would be fun to drive.   

One of the "parts cars" looks fairly complete, someones been jumping on the roof of it and its a little banged up all around, but I cant tell if its a savable car or not yet.  The other was smashed in the front pretty good, but its ok from the firewall back. 

I really hadnt planned to buy all 4 of these cars, I was hoping to just bring home the complete SE.  I just wanted the one for a driver and maybe a parts car to go with it but I should have known better...   :P

TruckDriver

Nice find. I was just offered to buy a small block '72 Charger Topper. Needs work, but runs and drives. I still need to talk turkey yet though.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

Well, you have at least one pm asking about parts :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemihead

Actually the quality was better on the 72-74 E Bodies.  :icon_smile_big:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

jasonfromIKILLYA

I heard somewhere that there were 161,000 chargers made in 73
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Charger1973

WL21 - 11,995, WH23 - 45,415, WP29 - 61,908,   Total - 119318

These are the numbers I have.  Cant remember where I got them from now...

Well, it's good to know that there are people out there who have the disease worse than I do. I thought I was the only insane person around when it came to 3rd gen chargers, even though my particular poison is 1972 Rallye cars. I think I would buy every one in the world if I had the money (and if my wife would let me). Good score. Keep up the crazyness. You are not alone!!!
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

Charger1973

Yeah it is a little crazy...   ;)    It was one of those deals though where if I didnt buy them,  I would look back at it 10 years from now and kick myself for it.