News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Detail Pictures?

Started by AJ, January 31, 2007, 08:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ

I am looking for good clear images showing the front grille area, rear lights and side marker lights on a 1968 Charger.  I have had a search on the forum, but I couldn't find anything suitable.

Can anyone point me to a suitable reference gallery, or would anyone be willing to take some pictures of their car for me?

I need several images of each area, from different angles, close up.

These pictures are reference for a 3D model I am currently making, and I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me.  I figure if anyone has a 68 it is going to be someone on this forum!

HITMAN 149

here's a quick one of my 68 r/t (the only one i have that's sized small enough for the site)
send me your email & i'll shoot you a bunch more of mine & all the others i have in my collection!!!!
-JOHN
cdog149@optonline.net
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

HITMAN 149

one more of mine
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Mean 318

HITMAN 149

thanks mean!!!!!!  :icon_smile_cool:
i love the pic of your car skidding out!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!
it's at my friends shop right now.....going over the motor, trans, rear, wiring, disk brakes, front end rebuild..etc..etc!!! $$$$ the money pit!!! hahahaha, then off to the body shop!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

AJ

I thought I might post a few images of my 3D model so you guys can see what I am working on.  This is a low polygon model, which means it is suitable for realtime (games/simulation) use although it is just being made as part of my personal portfolio rather than as a paid job.

These are work in progress shots, there is no interior or chassis detail yet, and small details like the door handles, windcreen wipers, badges and petrol cap are not yet created.

I am still looking for some help with the details on the car, especially the area under the front bumper, any images that help here would be greatly appreciated, as I am having a hard time getting the front bumper to look right to me, especially the two L-Shaped "horns" that drop down and attach to the valance under the grille.

Also, if anyone can post me some good close-up images of the headlights, taillights, side lights and marker lights I would really appreciate it.

Also if anyone would care to give me feedback on the model please do, I figure that if anyone can give me pointers it will be you guys who own the real thing!

HITMAN 149

looks damn good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

AJ

Thanks :)  I am still working on it, I will post a couple of images of the finished model when it is finally done.

mally69

dont forget the little round side markers on both front fenders and quarter panels

AJ

I haven't forgotten the marker lights, I just haven't found any good close up pictures of one to use as reference.  If anyone can post a good close up of a 68 marker light, and also a good close up of one brake light lens, I'd appreciate it :)

K9COP

How did you get on? Do you have the pics you need? If not, let me know and I'll take some.
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

K9COP

See PM John

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

K9COP

Reference shot.

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)

K9COP

Higher res..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)

AJ

Fantastic pictures, just what I needed!  Thanks for your help :)

Here are a couple more shots of my almost completed model.  I still need to do a bit of tweaking to the roof line on the rear, behind the side windows, as I don't think I have quite captured the subtle angles there, and the interior is not yet complete.

bordin34

Looks great, but something with the transition from the fender to the hood in the last pic looks a little weird. I dont know what but i know its there, or not there.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

AJ

Transition between the fender and hood might be a problem with the reflections, on a cg model like this everything is faked, so the way the software calculates the reflection can produce some slight variations depending on the angle, which make it look not quite the same as real life.

Check the previous images I posted, the blue ones, they are an earlier version of the model, but that particular area is unchanged from then, so if it looks ok on the blue one, it is just a problem with the angle or relfections on the green render.

I appreciate the feedback, it's the only way to make sure the model will be right in the end!  :)

terrible one

Lookin' good. One thing though, the front market light needs to be moved a bit further forward.

OttawaCharger

I agree - bring the marker light forward a bit
Also, your fuel door looks like it is off of a 69 or 70.  The 68s didn't have any black paint or writing on them.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

AJ

Absolutely right about the fuel filler.  It is textured with a black centre which says "Fuel" on the cap.  I didn't realise that was a 69/70 only option.  I will definitely correct that, as well as adjusting the marker light position.

tommymac

here's one of almost the same angle showing the front markers,and fender-hood area.Maybe that will help.

terrible one

Another shot that may help you with the market light positioning:

HITMAN 149

OK.... no offence to terrible one..... but i have a million sweeeeet 68 charger pics i 've saved while "hunting" !!! LOL
at least if they help they are a lil bit more pleasing to the eye!!!!! hahahaha
:icon_smile_cool: maybee a light colored charger would help a lil better with the lines???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

rasin kahne

those are all sweeeeeeeet pics.

HITMAN 149

i've got a TON of 68 pics i kept saving to my "PICS" every time i came acroos one...(ebay, google...or tons of classifieds) while i was looking for mine. this way i also have something to use as reference or ideas!!!
mua-hahahahaha!!
that BLACK one is frigggggggggin sweet!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT