News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats it worth?

Started by tommymac, January 30, 2007, 11:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommymac

1981 model of 1969 General Lee Dukes Of Hazzard 1/16 Scale Model. Never been put together Still in box,But opened,All there

Lord Warlock

lol, I have one of those...still in the box too, not sure if the plastic is even opened. Not sure what year i got it though. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

6670charger

Probably worth around $25.  The only thing I didn't care for about that kit was that they used the Charger 500 body (flat rear window) and put the standard grille in it.  The current kit uses the F and F 70 Charger body with the correct recessed back window.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

pettyfan43

Quote from: 6670charger on January 31, 2007, 12:26:04 PM
Probably worth around $25.  The only thing I didn't care for about that kit was that they used the Charger 500 body (flat rear window) and put the standard grille in it.  The current kit uses the F and F 70 Charger body with the correct recessed back window.

NOT QUITE!!!!!!!!!! That is the 1/25 scale car you are talking about. ANd it won't bring 25 bucks!

His car is a 1/16 scale car, I built this one from a built up. When I started looking for one to build, all the really nice ones (like yours) were over 100 bucks.

Between 75 and 125 seems to be the going rate on a sealed/open but still sealed inside car.

Here is mine.

Brock Samson

i had one before... it's a cool model..
wanna sell it?.. :icon_smile_wink:

pettyfan43

You talking to me or to tommymac? I can tell you mine is part of  BIG Dukes Collection and Selling it would require more money than most would want to put into a built Model car.

I am occasionally open to custom building models for people. BUT the stuff I build for myself is a different story. I'll just say somebody would have to want one AWFULLY BAD!

Lord Warlock

My bad, I didn't notice yours was the larger 1/16th scale version.  Mine is the 1/25th and is an amt 1997 model (still in plastic wrapped box) Since i have a couple of the die cast Hot Wheel chargers I never felt the need to build the model kit.  Yours is probably worth a bit more than mine is. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

chargerboy69

I have been watching them for years on E Bay. Even have been outbid on a few. Yours is probably in the $75-$100 range. It is worth even more if you have the plastic still on the outside of the box.

Pettyfan sweet ass General you have there.  :thumbs: I have always wanted one of those professionally assembled. I can restore a car, but suck something awful at putting models together.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

pettyfan43

Thank you Muchly! I restored that one from a beat up builtup I got off Ebay! It was pretty rough. I had to replace a bunch of stuff. I just could NOT see paying 100 bucks for a car I was dying to build.

I have restored a bunch of old builtups. I reworked the suspension on the car, Reworked the interior and the chrome and windows were replaced with new parts. I got REAL lucky there. I also made an exhaust system and the shocks were made from R/C airplane turnbuckles.

The Decals are replacements from Bugsy's junkers. THey are MUCH more accurate than the original decals.

Overall I am pretty happy with the car. It was a BIG piece I wanted for my Dukes collection. Now I am searching for a Danbury mint General Lee but WOW those are EXPENSIVE!.

This is what It looked like when I got it.

tommymac

Would sell it for 150.00 being its a rare 1/16 scale.