News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing the headliner

Started by Spartan, September 24, 2005, 08:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

One of my tasks is removing the headliner this weekend.  I started unscrewing things but just can't find a good place to start.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

NHCharger

Your on the right track. Just a matter of removing all the trim that hides the edge of the headliner. Just check to see what trim piece overlaps the other and go from there. When I disassembled the interior of my Charger I labeled the back of each piece and numbered it. So when I went to reassemble everything I found the highest number and started there. I also noticed that it seemed like every trim piece had a different length screw. I taped the screws the holes.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Spartan

Thanks.  What wound up happening was I removed the back window package tray and found some loose material.  I started tearing it back there.  Once I figured out how to get the side trim off above the windows it was a snap.  It wasn't as bad under it as I thought.  Only thing I have not taken out of the car now is the dash and side panels.  I am temped to do that too so I can tray to get rid of some surface rust areas and get the musty smell out.

Does anyone use dynamat or anything else on the roof to quiet it down and does the sound deadening trap moisture and cause rust?
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

ck1

kinda keep track of the bows for I guess they go in a certan order when you put the head liner back on..................
CJK

Spartan

Ya.  Its a little faded but each bow is color coded on the passanger side. I put them all back in as I worked past them.  I was careful not to bend them as I worked.

Shakey

Quote from: Spartan on September 26, 2005, 05:10:30 PM
Ya.   Its a little faded but each bow is color coded on the passanger side. I put them all back in as I worked past them.   I was careful not to bend them as I worked.

Pulled mine out this past weekend also, um, the headliner that is.  ;D

Found a friggin' peach pit in there?

Spartan

lol, I know what you mean.  When I got to the part above the passenger seat I had a bunch of little round nuts fall all over me.  Looks like a mouse had stored them there quite a few years ago. How he got there I have no idea.....

derailed

Didnt have to work to hard removing my headliner yesterday. I was driving down the interstate with all the windows down and i kept hearing a tearing noise, then i saw all this yellow foam insulation flying around, I looked back and the headliner seperated from side to side over the rear seat.I was bummed out because the rest of it was in good shape but not as good as i thought. Do you have to remove the glass when you put a new one in. I was told you did in order to do it correctly by some people and others say no.