News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what are the loudest sounding mufflers?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, July 31, 2005, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: Duey on August 06, 2005, 08:22:34 AM
Flowmasters can actually do a pretty good job of making your nice wedge motor sound like a Chebbie!  Duey

That's so funny because last night, I guy I know with a 72 Road Runner was pulling out of the parking lot and someone beside me said something about what a nice job he did on that car.  My reply was, "yeah, now if he'd just get rid of those Chevy frap mufflers."  I was then informed that he had just put new Flowmasters on the car last week.

plum500

I've got Flowmasters -- as I'm gettin educated on here, I'm thinking that's the next thing that's gonna change... not this year though. ...yikes...

They were on there when I first got it - but with turndowns right after the mufflers. I really liked that sound, but damn restrictions/vehicle inspection forced me to run tail pipes which took most of the nice, um, "open" sound away. Still loud, especially at the right speed...but...

..either way, I do/did recognize that "zone" where the Flowmasters produce an effect I'm not crazy about -- before and after the pipes.

...not to mention, I want that baby to be able to breath....

Ghoste

So, at the risk of thread hijacking here, do any of you know why Chevy's sound that way?  Is it a universally desired sound by Chev owners or is it something to do with the way they are engineered?

RT DAVE

Quote from: Ghoste on August 26, 2005, 09:30:31 AM
So, at the risk of thread hijacking here, do any of you know why Chevy's sound that way?   Is it a universally desired sound by Chev owners or is it something to do with the way they are engineered?

It's called horsepower...    :icon_smile_big:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ghoste

Well, there's that too of course, but I meant that brappy noise they all seem to make from the exhaust.

XXSpiralXX

Yeah they still make purple hornies, but I dont know anybody who actually uses them. I put generic turbo mufflers on my 72. 2 1/4 in inch with an H pipe. Its a 2 bbl 318 and it sounds pretty good. When I put a better motor in or go with headers itll be nice, but the resonance sucks at about 40 mph.

GoodysGotaCUDA

Im running Flowmaster Super40s on my 318. Some people may say 'flowcrappers' or whatever, i like them on my car and thats what matters here  :yesnod:

Crappy quality, but my lil 318 makin noise  :devil:

http://www.mopar1.us/ebay/exhaust.mov