News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Long shot question...

Started by terrible one, January 29, 2007, 09:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Since I don't frequent any other forum, I was going to see if anyone might know what's going on with my girlfriend's Volvo...

When she turns the fan up for the heater, it makes a really loud flapping noise/vibrating that you can feel even on the outside of the car a little bit when turned up high. It sounds like something is stuck in the ducts or something like that. Air still comes out of the vents. I really have no idea where to start here, so I was wondering if maybe someone could point me in the right direction here.

Thanks guys.

mikepmcs

My buddy just replaced his fan for something similar on his honda.  the way the hondas are built it's easy to collect dust, grime, leaves, you fill in the blank.  anyways, turn it on high and it feels and sounds like your doing aero trials in a windtunnel.

Find the fan and see if it's loose, broken, got stuff stuck in it, etc.... That is where i would start anyways.  But i'm cheap so take that advice with a grain of salt.

good luck

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

kab69440

Pull the motor/fan out. There is likely a piece of firewall insulation pad in the fan, causing it to be out of balance.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

ChargerSG

Mine old ride had som leavs and stuff from trees stuck in there, once i removed it tadaa :icon_smile_tongue:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

moparguy01

i agree. I think that theres something in the cage making it off balance.

charger490

i bet you got a mouse in there

Mefirst

Living in Sweden Ive encountered several Volvo's and the rule is, the moment the Volvo starts to make noise you should kill it off, or more politically correct "Put it to sleep" :pity: Same thing goes with Saab cars :smash:

/Tom

ck1

had something happen like that to my Toyota truck, mice had toilet paper stuffed in the air duct by the fan..........
CJK

Afflyer

This ougtta be good.  :popcrn:

We have an '05 XC-90 T6.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Winged 1

;D ???
We have had mice stash dog food in ours and one time the sucker stuck his wittle head in there when the fan was on. Needless to say that only happened once.
Have any pet food laying around??
Best of luck..