News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture resize Questions? Here is your answer.

Started by Khyron, January 31, 2007, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

O.k. I've been seeing a trend and figured I would try to help. There are a lot of questions about resizing pictures so that one can post a picture in an open forum, Many people are extremely helpful and have offered to do this for people. Lets face it, not everyone can be a computer geek ;)

I offer a simple solution. Microsoft offers a free tool that you can install. All you then have to do is right click any picture, or group of pictures and instantly resize then to many of the popular Forum friendly Sizes,  640x480, 800x600, or the sometimes problematic 1024x768 <problems only for people not higher then this resolution>

Click this Link
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

scroll down to
Image Resizer
This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

On the right hand side you will see the download, simply click it and install it.

Image Resizer

ImageResizer.exe
521 KB 2 min @ 28.8 Kbps

There are some other useful tools on that page as well, hope this helps.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Lord Warlock

I like to use the image optimizer program with PhotoImpact, it used to be a seperate tool and it worked even better with the previous version 6.0 but the 9.0 version works pretty well.  Jpeg, bitmap, gif etc, it has a side by side image one before, one after optimization and tells you the size of the image so you can stop at a predetermined size at different resolutions.  Changing an image to a smaller resolution helps, but this program is much better as you can keep optimizing till you see the color start to wash out then back up a hair for the best picture. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Khyron

I know there are bigger and better. I posted this for the people that just want easy.

I use Photoshop and paint shop pro myself, but this just lets the new guy right click and select.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.