News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen 'The Hitcher' who saw the original?

Started by bull, January 26, 2007, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Have you seen the original with Rutger Hauer (1986)? How do the two compare?

Orange_Crush

I saw the original and wasn't very impressed.  Everything I've heard about the remake tells me I'd be even less so.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 26, 2007, 10:02:38 PM
I saw the original and wasn't very impressed.  Everything I've heard about the remake tells me I'd be even less so.

I've only seen the original but I was 19 at the time and don't remember a whole lot. I usually enjoy Rutger Hauer though. I thought he was good in Blade Runner.

69bronzeT5

Ask CHARGER PUNK..hes like in love with "The Hitcher" movie.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dkn1997

I've seen only the original and cannot see how a remake could be any better.  that is one sick movie.  plus Jennifer Jason Leigh semi nude in her prime.  almost as good as her in "fast times"
RECHRGED

4cruzin

I've seen both and I thought the remake was ok.  Definitely wait for it on DVD though . . .  :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

19Charger68

I have not seen the remake, but I did like the original a lot.  Rutger was one bad SOB.  My guess is that the new one, like so many other remakes, will suck - kind of like the remake of Flight of the Phoenix.  The remake was terrible.
Bruce

THE CHARGER PUNK

Im watching the original now(seen it before a few times) and i saw the re-make opening night and that is by far one of the best movies i have ever seen, i say Sean Bean plays a way more sinister hitcher then Ruteger Hauer( but thats just me)-MATT

Afflyer

I have only seen the original...and it scared me shiteless- never picked up anyone with their thumb sticking out on the road ever since then.

I'll have to wait until the latest one comes out on DVD before I'll watch it.  The previews looked like a bad remake, but Sean Bean can be one frightening dude when he wants to be!  Helluva great Irish actor. 

Rutger Hauer is Dutch, BTW.  Just thought I'd add that.

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

THE CHARGER PUNK

Im Dutch :yesnod:,also DO NOT WAIT TILL DVD, u will lose the effect some of the scary parts that u need that big screen and huge surround sound 4 :yesnod:-MATT

Jon Smith

QuoteHelluva great Irish actor.

He is a good actor if you think he's irish ;D he's from sheffield in England

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Afflyer

Sorry fellas- I really thought he was Irish.. must have been convinced with his role as an IRA terrorist in "Patriot Games".
Wasn't that film Sean Bean's first american film role?

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

mikepmcs

Redemption for Bradley :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

His first notable Hollywood appearance was as an Irish terrorist in the 1992 film adaptation of Patriot Games

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?