News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: 2nd gen doors

Started by hemi68charger, January 27, 2007, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
I've been doing some research and can't find a bunch of data... This is the place.. What are good 2nd generation rust-free original paint door shells going for? I know it's all relative, but I'm looking at a ball-park........

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 27, 2007, 08:54:02 AM
Hey gang...
I've been doing some research and can't find a bunch of data... This is the place.. What are good 2nd generation rust-free original paint door shells going for? I know it's all relative, but I'm looking at a ball-park........

Thanks..
Troy

i paid 750 for a pair would have been 400 each 1 was nice the other is out behind the shop
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2007, 08:56:08 AM
Hey gang...

Thanks..
Troy

i paid 750 for a pair would have been 400 each 1 was nice the other is out behind the shop

Dang !!!  Didn't realize they were going for that much........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

PocketThunder

:o   I got a set for free.  Right place at the right time :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerboy69

Quote from: hemi68charger on January 27, 2007, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2007, 08:56:08 AM
Hey gang...

Thanks..
Troy

Dang !!!  Didn't realize they were going for that much........

Neither did I. My guess would be that someone might have over paid. I bought a pair of complete doors, inside door panels, glass, ect. and completely rust free for $90.00. I thought that was fair. Even at Mopar Nationals where they jack the prices up, I have seen them for $75-$100 a door.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger1973

I really dont keep up on 2nd gen prices much but from what I have seen $750 sounds way too high.   I would guess $75-$150 range per door.

bull

Charger-Bodie

i prob did over pay for my doors but at the time there were none to be found and the one i really needed was a real nice arizona quality  door the other one was full of filler but rust free if they were both as nice as the passenger one id have been happy even at the price but i did feel slightly raped when the one was full of smooshy ecspecially when the guy wouldnt make it right with me . deals are out there but NICE parts cost xtra
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger1973

Yeah thats another thing I have noticed on 2nd gen doors.  Passenger side doors always seem to be nicer condition than drivers side for some reason..

terrible one

Quote from: Charger1973 on January 27, 2007, 12:09:08 PM
Yeah thats another thing I have noticed on 2nd gen doors.  Passenger side doors always seem to be nicer condition than drivers side for some reason..

Haha that's how it is for me! Driver's door has a 2"x2" rust hole in it, and the passenger door is a LOT nicer. Both original too!

Dennis K

Where were you guys who are looking for driver's doors a couple weeks ago? I just had a mint condition drivers door shell from an Arizona car on ebay, and it only went for $56. I guess I probably could have got more for it if I was willing to ship it somewhere, but I'd rather take $56 for it from someone who comes to get it than mess around with shipping large objects.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dennis K on January 27, 2007, 12:29:51 PM
Where were you guys who are looking for driver's doors a couple weeks ago? I just had a mint condition drivers door shell from an Arizona car on ebay, and it only went for $56. I guess I probably could have got more for it if I was willing to ship it somewhere, but I'd rather take $56 for it from someone who comes to get it than mess around with shipping large objects.

you should consider shipping greyhound next time it will be worth it very minimun packaging too , get alot more for you stuff that way

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 27, 2007, 12:33:16 PM

you should consider shipping greyhound next time it will be worth it very minimun packaging too , get alot more for you stuff that way

That's how I got the door I'm thinking of selling.. Greyhound is good that way.....
Troy

69charger2002

i'd say 100 to 150 per door is fair for arust free shell. complete with glass, vent wing window, regulators etc. i'd say $250 or so. vent wing frames alone are bringing good money nowadays. so complete versus shell makes a big difference
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 27, 2007, 12:46:06 PM
i'd say 100 to 150 per door is fair for arust free shell...
trav

That's what I was thinking............  Thanks guys........ :thumbs:
Troy

bull

Quote from: Charger1973 on January 27, 2007, 12:09:08 PM

Same reason the driver's side arm rests are hard to find in decent condition. The driver's side gets a lot more use. Open and shut 10 times more often = more dings, worn out hinges, etc.

MorePwr

What are you guys nuts? :image_294343: :icon_smile_big: An 06 charger door is 700.00  why would a classic charger door be worth any less... because it's old and nobody wants it? I don't think so. thats like expecting a bottle of fine rare aged wine to cost less than Mad Dog. (sorry to any 06 owners for the comparison)

bull

Same here on those bigger parts. Sometimes selling for less money means a lot less hassle in the long run. I sold a half-decent '68 fender for $50 but it was pickup only because I didn't want the shipping headaches on something like that.

Quote from: MorePwr on January 27, 2007, 03:03:19 PM
What are you guys nuts? :image_294343: :icon_smile_big: An 06 charger door is 700.00 why would a classic charger door be worth any less... because it's old and nobody wants it? I don't think so. thats like expecting a bottle of fine rare aged wine to cost less than Mad Dog. (sorry to any 06 owners for the comparison)

I guess if some people are able to be hoodwinked into believing the '06 is a Charger they can be hoodwinked into paying $700 for a door. ;)