News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am SO stupid!

Started by Mean 318, November 23, 2006, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

OK this is kind of embarrassing but here we go.... I pulled my column apart to replace all of the wiring and the ignition switch, the problem is that I did it so long ago I forgot how it goes back together.... :ahum: Could someone post some pics for me? And/or a good set of instructions please? I have it stripred down to the bone so I need to put it all back. Thanks guys :icon_smile P.S. it is an auto 1970 Column

Ghoste

Here's the drawing.

Ghoste

Page 1.

Ghoste

Page 2.

Ghoste

And page 3.  Sorry they are so blurry.  Let me know if you run into problems with them.

Mean 318

YOU ARE ME HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers: :boogie: :bow:

Shakey

Ghostey is a good guy eh!   :yesnod:

Mean 318

OK.... Does anyone have a pic of how the ignition switch goes in?

Mean 318

Here is my issue.... when the key is in the on off position, it looks like it is in the start position.... The key wont go into the AC.  position.

Charger1973

Dont feel bad I have been hesitant to pull mine apart for the same reason.  I have never done it before and want to make sure I know how it goes back together.  What book did those diagrams come from?  I need one for a 73/74

Mean 318

Also... when the whole thing is put together, the key wont come out! It was put together with the key in it allready.

Mean 318

I tried assembling it without the keys in the ignition, and it went in great.... I put the keys in, turned them, and then it wouldn't turn back, and the key was stuck! This is sad, but so far, this had been the worst thing on my whole car! I have rewired it, I have put in a new motor and trans, took the old ones out... the list goes on, but so far this has sucked the most!!! >:(

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 06, 2007, 11:06:59 PM
Dont feel bad I have been hesitant to pull mine apart for the same reason.  I have never done it before and want to make sure I know how it goes back together.  What book did those diagrams come from?  I need one for a 73/74

is basically the same, with just exception on rubber coupler at the end and if is column shifter or not
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mean 318

OK,  pulled it apart and was wondering, what does this do?

Mean 318

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I was messing with it and duno what I did, but it works! YAY!!!! Thanks guys!

Bandit72

Quote from: Mean 318 on February 28, 2007, 05:50:12 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!!! I was messing with it and duno what I did, but it works! YAY!!!! Thanks guys!

haha, i don't know how many things i've "fixed" by taking them apart and putting them back together :P
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

69-DodgeCharger

I guess sometimes stuff just needs to be rebuilt for it to work again, good work