News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are the odds, take a guess.

Started by BB1, January 26, 2007, 07:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Authur mention my cars birthday?: "    Scheduled Production Date: Thursday October 19th, 1967."

Would that be a month and a half into production on the new 68 body? I wonder because it was special ordered possibly in late Sep or early Oct, and I don't know how long it takes for the Hamtramck plant to get it's order filled. I thought other cars where made at the same time there, so what are the odds that this is the first 2X Black 68 ever built. Also it was not influenced by the Bullitt movie, because it came out in 1969.

Am I all wet on this.

Delete my profile

Chris G.

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2007, 07:39:25 PM
I wonder because it was special ordered possibly in late Sep or early Oct, and I don't know how long it takes for the Hamtramck plant to get it's order filled.

How was it specially ordered? I'm not up on your story.

I thought other cars where made at the same time there, so what are the odds that this is the first 2X Black 68 ever built.

I like your enthusiasm, but I would highly doubt your car was even close to being the first '68 black car ever produced. They pumped them out pretty quick on a daily basis. There were like 100K, '68 Chargers built. I'm sure the line was busy at all times.

BB1

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23609.0.html

Here is the story. I mention double black with no top; First Black probably not.
Delete my profile

bull

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2007, 07:39:25 PM
Authur mention my cars birthday?: "    Scheduled Production Date: Thursday October 19th, 1967."

Would that be a month and a half into production on the new 68 body? I wonder because it was special ordered possibly in late Sep or early Oct, and I don't know how long it takes for the Hamtramck plant to get it's order filled. I thought other cars where made at the same time there, so what are the odds that this is the first 2X Black 68 ever built. Also it was not influenced by the Bullitt movie, because it came out in 1969.

Am I all wet on this.

You're probably all wet. ;D

Points to poder:
1. Your actual build date is on the fender tag.
2. The first '68s were built in August '67.
3. The Bullitt Charger is triple black. :-\
4. Chris 'the party pooper' is right, production went up by 500% in '68 over '67 so they were cranking them out left and right. But, I don't think they really ramped up production to that 500% mark until the spring of '68, say late Feb. or March.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility but chances are fairly slim it's the first. You might be able to figure out the odds by comparing your sequence number to the percentage of how many black ones were built.

BB1

Yeah I'm going to do some research, to try and determen something with color combos and production dates. I also would like to see a 68 registry, to better track all the 68 Chargers.

How about this board, anyone older? 175430  What would the first 68 number be, if the first car was a Charger? Did they also build Coronets there?

I guess us 68 guys should stick together.  ;D

I just like the avatar bull, I'm not doing the Bullitt clone thing. That's for others to make up in there minds, I just hope I don't get asked that question over and over again.
Delete my profile

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on January 26, 2007, 08:40:49 PM
4. Chris 'the party pooper' is right

Call me what you will, but as long as you say I'm right, I'm OK with it.  ;)

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2007, 08:48:47 PM
I also would like to see a 68 registry, to better track all the 68 Chargers.

You want a '68 Registry to exist? Start one.

bull

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2007, 08:48:47 PM
Yeah I'm going to do some research, to try and determen something with color combos and production dates. I also would like to see a 68 registry, to better track all the 68 Chargers.

How about this board, anyone older? 175430  What would the first 68 number be, if the first car was a Charger? Did they also build Coronets there?

I guess us 68 guys should stick together.  ;D

175430 = 75429th Vehicle. I would imagine the first would be 100001. :shruggy: But, IIRC, the sequence number is for all cars built during a specific run at a specific plant, not just a specific model.

BB1

:D

I'm going to see what it takes to start a 68 registry, it's 2007 for cryps sake. With some time and help I'll give it a shot.

Delete my profile

bull

Cool. I'll help with the spelling and grammer. :icon_smile_big:

BB1

Ok  :smilielol: the spell checker here is kinda weak.
Delete my profile

MM1R/T

Did they also build Coronets there?

No Coronets built at Hamtramck in 1968. Chargers, Darts, Barracudas, and Fury's.

Troy

Travis had a 68 Charger with a VIN number ending of somewhere around 100013 so that's gotta be at or near the 1st one built.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Quote from: BB1 on January 26, 2007, 09:00:26 PM
:D

I'm going to see what it takes to start a 68 registry, it's 2007 for cryps sake. With some time and help I'll give it a shot.

Send me a PM.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on January 26, 2007, 09:34:31 PM
Travis had a 68 Charger with a VIN number ending of somewhere around 100013 so that's gotta be at or near the 1st one built.

Troy

Yep, and it's still alive & well! :icon_smile_approve:
Ok, so it's seen better days, but it's future looks brighter. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

That looks like a major job. But that has to be pretty cool having the 12th '68 built, if that number is correct. :yesnod: