News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diagrams and illistrations

Started by chargercraig, January 26, 2007, 01:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargercraig

Does anyone know where I can get assembly diagrams for my 68 charger?
Hey, I'm new here and this is a great site!

Ghoste

This has come up a few times now.  I don't think there are any in the sense that a lot of people are thinking of.  Personally, I think the assembly manual is more of a GM thing.  You can get reprints of the factory shop manuals though and that is an indispensable aid which contains most of the information you'd be looking for in a disassembly/reassembly situation.

resq302

Mopar had these diagrams as well like the GM assembly manuals.  Mopar called them engineering manuals.  I think if they are out there, there is only a handfull of them left and no one wants to part with them or make repro copies. 

Now that is something that I can guarantee would sell like hot cakes.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Lord Warlock

There is a restoration guide for b body mopar cars that has pretty good illustrations in it for disassembly.   I used it to take the grill out on the car.  Getting it back in will be more fun though.  I'll have to look around to find the title and author.  Has a charger on the cover though. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Chargeraddict

Is it really that hard to put the interior back together?

chargercraig

Ghoste

The book I think you're talking about is; Project Charger by Larry Lyles.  Published by Bowtie Press, it is ISBN number 1-931993-22-x and as far as I know it is still available.

Chargeraddict

I wasnt meaning to insult you, I bought my car in pieces, so im not sure what im up for yet, but there doesnt seem to be a lot to the interior...I think I have everything besides carpet and headliner.