News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Underside of the car...undercoat or no undercoat???

Started by Lord Warlock, January 25, 2007, 11:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

I think I'll probably test out talstrip on the inner left fender area under the battery box, I had fiberglassed a small section there and i need to decide if it needs to come off and get replaced by metal or what simply covered again with more undercoat.  Its a good place to see how it works.  May as well learn to get comfy in the fenders anyway, i'll have to replace the brakes/spindles/rotors eventually. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

mridolfo

I use a heat gun and scraper to get the under coating off.  I don't like the fumes that you get when you use a torch.

Arigmaster

I used a heat gun and a scraper on mine to get the old undercoat off... I D/A sander\d any surface rust I found (not very much) and treated it. I followed with epoxy primer & POR-15. Then sprayed on Rhino Bedliner instead of undercoat. I did hit the wheel openings with some rattle can undercoat afterward for a more factory look.

Charger-Bodie

sandblast it and have it nice and clean real fast !!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dongar69

Quote from: daytonalo on January 27, 2007, 01:24:10 AM
THAT SEM UNDERCOATING , DOES IT COME IN A GALLON AND USE A SHUZT GUN OR IS IT IN A CAN ?

I borrowed this image from an Eastwood catalog: