News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 68 Charger R/T 440, 4 speed, #'s matching

Started by OldGuy, October 07, 2006, 10:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

I think we did okay on the price.  The car was purchased by my youngest son, Eric.  It is his dream car!!  He paid $10,000.  Even though it is the car he has always wanted, he has a pretty good head on his shoulders and he said he wouldn't go any higher. 

We found it on an American Indian reservation in Eastern Utah.  The winters can be pretty brutal but the summers are hot and dry which helped preserve it.  The guy my son bought it from has turned down offers on it for years – it was his car that he was always going to restore (have we heard that before?).  He is in Nevada, but we talked to his mother when we picked it up and she said there have been innumerable offers on it – even guys coming from out of state trying to get it.  I guess my son charmed the guy's sister who we were working through to get it.

Fortunately, Eric is good at body, paint and interior so that will cut down a lot on the restoration cost.  It is his baby and he is going to do the restoration.  Could take some time since he just got married earlier in the year and is going to school – but at least he has it now.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

One more pic - inside of hood.  Original rubber strip and hood turn signals and wiring are still hooked up.

BigBlockSam

looks better and better with every picture. thats a wonderful thing that your son could get his dream car. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

squeakfinder

Keep us informed of the restoration.  :2thumbs:

Great find!
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 08, 2006, 10:19:55 AM
QuoteI'd buy it in a heartbeat for $6000 
:iagree:    i would go as high as $7000. pull that motor send it out to get rebuilt. 906 heads are easy to find. send the body out to get media blasted and your in business. good luck Rene

Geez, you make it sound so easy.

Just 6T9 CHGR

That is the perfect price for that car...I'd almost say you stole it.  You have no idea (or maybe you do) how important it is to get a "complete" car that hasnt been molested/hacked up.

That car will have the easiest resto, you'll see.

Kudos to your son for sticking to his gusn & finding what he wanted........they are out there....patience is key.

Good luck! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Silver R/T

nice project, better start than my 68. Got more bodywork to do to mine.
Its high dollar car, 68 Silver R/T, 4 spd car
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

blackcharger

great find. Some pretty nice options on ut too. Keep the pics coming.

8WHEELER

Hi Carl
Congrats to Eric, I did not no he was getting married but I knew it was serious   :icon_smile_big:

Yes now he has to find time to work on the new baby ''cool car'' and keep his wife happy.

Was he able to keep his other 68 384 4sp Charger?

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Brock Samson

wow! a seriously nice Charger,.. a Silver '68 numbers matching four speed with most all the parts and a black bumble bee stipe and int. is a dream come true! Congrats! awsome find. well worth the work and $ to bring her back!  :icon_smile_wink:

TruckDriver

Now, the cool thing to do once the Charger is restored and done would be to drive it back to the guy you bought it from and show him. I think he would love that :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

OldGuy

DodgeChargerGuy - the guy said he would like to see it once it is restored - at least some pics.

8wheeler (Dan) - Eric got married in February.  He used the 69 Charger in a lot of his wedding pictures.  Will post some of them up for you guys.  Got some pretty cool shots of him and his two (2) girls - his bride and car :icon_smile_big:   He's been following the thread and feels real good about all of your positve opinions about the car.  We still have the 68 383 4-speed 4 BBL.  I guess I will have to get busy on that one now that he has his own project.  He was helping me on that one.  We will keep the 69 so we can tell how to put the other two (2) back together. ???

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722