News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**UPDATE 8-27-07** PICS!!!!!!!!! car is at the shop!!!

Started by HITMAN 149, January 25, 2007, 12:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

well.....
my 68 r/t made it all the way( woa...a big 10 miles!!! )  to my friends shop in red bank (NJ), for the start of the resto!!!!! he's going to rebuild my 727 tranny with a shift kit & converter, go over the 440, as my holley carb seems to be flooding out?!?!?! (make sure it's all solid?!?!? and clean up all the spaghetti strings of wires!!! LOL)  i have been told it's a 3:91 posi?!?!?  i'm thinkin on dropping down to either 3:73 or 3:55, better street/highway gears, as i'm not really gonna race it (MUCH!!!!  ::) ) also going to swap out the front drums for disk!!! (yea baby!!! :yesnod:)  as it takes me half a block to stop the monster, since my booster is bad!!! hahaha. and since the front end will be all apart....might as well do all new polygraphite front end stuff!!! new wiring harness, new whiteface autometer gauges!!! (after i redo my dash over, just like "DKN1997" & "MANFRED318" hope it comes out as good as theirs ::) )  i took out the front pass. & the rear seats (as they weren't even bolted down?!?!?! hahaha) this way there is more room to work with in the interior, and to see what i'm dealing with?!?!?! seems pretty solid!!!  it was real cool taking it for a real ride, got a bunch of looks & thumbs up!!! which was nice!!!! i can't wait for it to all be mechanically sound, so i can get it to the body shop so we can start that & the interior!!!!!! mua-hahahahaha!!! :icon_smile_tongue:
i haven't downloaded the newer pics i took on monday before dropping it off yet...but it still looks the same as the old pics!!! hahaha!! i'll post some int. pics soon. 
thanks again for EVERYONE"S input & guidance, and motivation from seeing everyone else's beauties!!!!
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Slowpoke

Congrats , looks like a good solid start toward a great ride.
What disk brakes are you using on the front?
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HITMAN 149

THANKS!!!!
not sure ??? yet what brakes or companies i'm gonna go with yet?!?!?!?
original color was a green on green car!!! ewwwwwww  :-X (sorry no offense meant for anyone else's green chargers!!! :angel:) just not a big color green fan...especiallly the greens of that era?!?!?!?
thanks on the rims too!! yea they look cool for now (15x8 rear & 15x7 fronts) but i'm leaning towards A.R. HOOPSTER not sure 16's or 17's yet?!?!?!?
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Are you have it painted too, or just getting it trustworthy for the road?

Congrats, that's gonna be cool to be able to drive it! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HITMAN 149

THANKS HUSK!!!
AND FAN...
JUST TRUST/ROAD WORTHY FIRST...BODY & INTERIOR WORK TO FOLLOW!!! MAN IT WAS SOOOOO COOOL TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT TO THE SHOP THE OTHER DAY!!!!! MAN IT LIGHTS EM UP LIKE NOTHING!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

HITMAN 149

I'LL TRY STRAT!! BUT IT'S HARD!!!!! LOL :angel:
i downloaded some more pics....but they are still a slight to friggin big (200-300kb!!!!) :rotz: oh well...i'll have to figure out something?!?!? or Troy can give me special dispensation (like the pope?!?!?) hahahahah :icon_smile_tongue:
the floor seems to be nice & solid!!! i need a trunk(like who really didn't?!?!? ::) ) sail panel work... the real truth will come out after blasting it to the metal!!!! gee...can't wait to see what i'm in for!!! ::)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

HITMAN 149

nice thunder!!!!
what size are they & the tires?!?!?
thanks
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

PocketThunder

Back 255/50WR17  Kumho ECSTA Supra 712  $100 from Tirerack.com 
Front 235/45WR17  Kumho ECSTA Supra 712  $100 from Tirerack.com  (but i just checked and they dont carry this size anymore :shruggy: )

I bought 4 255's but they were rubbing on the front. I was hoping to fit all 4 tires of the same size on my car.  But no luck.  So i have two extra 255's, so if you want them i will sell those 2 extra tires to you $75 each plus shipping.  I was just gonna keep them for and extra set after burning up the first set i have  :devil:

mikepmcs

John,
If it is a 3.91 Sure Grip rear and you will consider dropping to a 3.23 Sure grip rear, i will be more than happy to swap you center chunks.(no kidding here)  I just put that one in mine and it goes good.(i replaced my one legger 2.76)  I just want what you don't... screeching tires, real bad economy and whatever else comes with having too much gear.   :icon_smile_big:

On another note, send your pictures to me at rmdracing@adelphia.net and i'll resize and post them for you.

Oh, one more thing, i'll pay the shipping both ways. that way it is absolutely no cost to you.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bill440rt

Just wondering what shop in Red Bank you're using??

If it's any help, I'm going with a 4-wheel SSBC disc conversion in my '69. Everything looks very nice quality.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

HITMAN 149

hey bill...
my friend has a shop around the corner from my fathers house in red bank..... known hiim since i was in high school!!!
T & T  auto / Little Devils hot rods & bikes. great guy (Teddy)
yea.... not sure which set up to use yet, i'm gonna leave the rear drums for now, just doing the fronts. debating on a mopar (stock type) kit or ssbc?? (heard iffy stuff about wilwood!?!?!) we have alot toi discuss about what we're gonna use on the car?!?!?! i wanna update it as much as possible..if i can.
thanks......
i'm going PAINTBALLING this weekend in PA.!!!! be back on monday!!! hahahaha
:icon_smile_tongue:

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

More pictures of Hobobums 68.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

well....we have progress!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
the trans is all re-done, and ready to go back in!!!! (shift kit and stall converter put in) we're gonna pull the motor this weekend.....spray the engine bay black (still not sure what color i'm gonna go with????) i know the purists will not agree if the bay doesn't match the rest of the car!!! oh well...it's my car!!!! :icon_smile_big: hahahaha!!! i'm either gonna do triple black or i've been leaning towards a dark metallic gray/graphite?!?!?! anyway..the motor is gonna get pulled and prayed "HEMI ORANGE"!!! :yesnod:..i think it'll look better against the dark engine bay..than the beat up dull turquiose it is now.   
i've decided to go with SSBC brakes...force ten (hemi orange powdercoated) 4 piston calipers!!!! just waiting for a call back from them on a DC.com discounted price?!?!?!?  ???  emailed hotchkis..... reply was - they have no products matching my aplication..but thanks for your support anyways!!! ::)  (NYCMILLE MIKE) got the last sway bars for chargers from them!!!! hahahahaha!!!!  probably go with addco bars, and heavy duty front end rebuild from "just suspensions".......
and that's where we stand as of today!!!!!!!!!!!  i'll take some pics this weekend...
:devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

man! primer black chargers look good. looks like you got a plan. good luck with everything . who's doing your engine rebuild?
Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

HITMAN 149

hey rene...
a friend of mine (Teddy) in red bank owns T & T auto/ LIL DEVIL hot rods & bikes (732)530-5221. i've know him since when i bought my first car in high school. a 71 chevelle.  i trust him that he's cool & won't screw me... he's a good guy. 
yea it looks cool primer black... needs body work!!!!  I saw a new 3 series BMW the night, while driving around at work...it was friggin nice!!!!! i went online & found out the color is called "sparkling graphite metallic" NICE!!!!!!!!!!!   :o   i was thinking that color or simillar, black vinyl roof and a black tail stripe!!!!! 
mua-hahahahaha :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

Charger-Bodie

sounds like a good color what color are you leaning towards on the interior ?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HITMAN 149

hey mike....
if you go to BMW.com .... 3 series...build your car..... the color is called "sparkiling graphite metallic" ( i know....it sounds like a queer color name!!! hahahaha)  but it was figgin nice!!!  i also really like the "spiral gray on the 02' vettes, but this is a lil darker!!!!! 
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

hey hot 68.....
damn nice car man!!!!!!!! i haven't made any comments about your resto...but have been following the post!!!
black...... or black with gray pleats if i use the stock 68' style seat covers????? the car was orig green on green!! ewwwww!! LOL
01 BMW 740i SPORT