News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**UPDATE 8-27-07** PICS!!!!!!!!! car is at the shop!!!

Started by HITMAN 149, January 25, 2007, 12:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

well.....
my 68 r/t made it all the way( woa...a big 10 miles!!! )  to my friends shop in red bank (NJ), for the start of the resto!!!!! he's going to rebuild my 727 tranny with a shift kit & converter, go over the 440, as my holley carb seems to be flooding out?!?!?! (make sure it's all solid?!?!? and clean up all the spaghetti strings of wires!!! LOL)  i have been told it's a 3:91 posi?!?!?  i'm thinkin on dropping down to either 3:73 or 3:55, better street/highway gears, as i'm not really gonna race it (MUCH!!!!  ::) ) also going to swap out the front drums for disk!!! (yea baby!!! :yesnod:)  as it takes me half a block to stop the monster, since my booster is bad!!! hahaha. and since the front end will be all apart....might as well do all new polygraphite front end stuff!!! new wiring harness, new whiteface autometer gauges!!! (after i redo my dash over, just like "DKN1997" & "MANFRED318" hope it comes out as good as theirs ::) )  i took out the front pass. & the rear seats (as they weren't even bolted down?!?!?! hahaha) this way there is more room to work with in the interior, and to see what i'm dealing with?!?!?! seems pretty solid!!!  it was real cool taking it for a real ride, got a bunch of looks & thumbs up!!! which was nice!!!! i can't wait for it to all be mechanically sound, so i can get it to the body shop so we can start that & the interior!!!!!! mua-hahahahaha!!! :icon_smile_tongue:
i haven't downloaded the newer pics i took on monday before dropping it off yet...but it still looks the same as the old pics!!! hahaha!! i'll post some int. pics soon. 
thanks again for EVERYONE"S input & guidance, and motivation from seeing everyone else's beauties!!!!
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Slowpoke

Congrats , looks like a good solid start toward a great ride.
What disk brakes are you using on the front?
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HITMAN 149

THANKS!!!!
not sure ??? yet what brakes or companies i'm gonna go with yet?!?!?!?
original color was a green on green car!!! ewwwwwww  :-X (sorry no offense meant for anyone else's green chargers!!! :angel:) just not a big color green fan...especiallly the greens of that era?!?!?!?
thanks on the rims too!! yea they look cool for now (15x8 rear & 15x7 fronts) but i'm leaning towards A.R. HOOPSTER not sure 16's or 17's yet?!?!?!?
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Are you have it painted too, or just getting it trustworthy for the road?

Congrats, that's gonna be cool to be able to drive it! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HITMAN 149

THANKS HUSK!!!
AND FAN...
JUST TRUST/ROAD WORTHY FIRST...BODY & INTERIOR WORK TO FOLLOW!!! MAN IT WAS SOOOOO COOOL TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT TO THE SHOP THE OTHER DAY!!!!! MAN IT LIGHTS EM UP LIKE NOTHING!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Brock Samson

HITMAN 149

I'LL TRY STRAT!! BUT IT'S HARD!!!!! LOL :angel:
i downloaded some more pics....but they are still a slight to friggin big (200-300kb!!!!) :rotz: oh well...i'll have to figure out something?!?!? or Troy can give me special dispensation (like the pope?!?!?) hahahahah :icon_smile_tongue:
the floor seems to be nice & solid!!! i need a trunk(like who really didn't?!?!? ::) ) sail panel work... the real truth will come out after blasting it to the metal!!!! gee...can't wait to see what i'm in for!!! ::)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

HITMAN 149

nice thunder!!!!
what size are they & the tires?!?!?
thanks
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

PocketThunder

Back 255/50WR17  Kumho ECSTA Supra 712  $100 from Tirerack.com 
Front 235/45WR17  Kumho ECSTA Supra 712  $100 from Tirerack.com  (but i just checked and they dont carry this size anymore :shruggy: )

I bought 4 255's but they were rubbing on the front. I was hoping to fit all 4 tires of the same size on my car.  But no luck.  So i have two extra 255's, so if you want them i will sell those 2 extra tires to you $75 each plus shipping.  I was just gonna keep them for and extra set after burning up the first set i have  :devil:

mikepmcs

John,
If it is a 3.91 Sure Grip rear and you will consider dropping to a 3.23 Sure grip rear, i will be more than happy to swap you center chunks.(no kidding here)  I just put that one in mine and it goes good.(i replaced my one legger 2.76)  I just want what you don't... screeching tires, real bad economy and whatever else comes with having too much gear.   :icon_smile_big:

On another note, send your pictures to me at rmdracing@adelphia.net and i'll resize and post them for you.

Oh, one more thing, i'll pay the shipping both ways. that way it is absolutely no cost to you.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bill440rt

Just wondering what shop in Red Bank you're using??

If it's any help, I'm going with a 4-wheel SSBC disc conversion in my '69. Everything looks very nice quality.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

HITMAN 149

hey bill...
my friend has a shop around the corner from my fathers house in red bank..... known hiim since i was in high school!!!
T & T  auto / Little Devils hot rods & bikes. great guy (Teddy)
yea.... not sure which set up to use yet, i'm gonna leave the rear drums for now, just doing the fronts. debating on a mopar (stock type) kit or ssbc?? (heard iffy stuff about wilwood!?!?!) we have alot toi discuss about what we're gonna use on the car?!?!?! i wanna update it as much as possible..if i can.
thanks......
i'm going PAINTBALLING this weekend in PA.!!!! be back on monday!!! hahahaha
:icon_smile_tongue:

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

More pictures of Hobobums 68.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

well....we have progress!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
the trans is all re-done, and ready to go back in!!!! (shift kit and stall converter put in) we're gonna pull the motor this weekend.....spray the engine bay black (still not sure what color i'm gonna go with????) i know the purists will not agree if the bay doesn't match the rest of the car!!! oh well...it's my car!!!! :icon_smile_big: hahahaha!!! i'm either gonna do triple black or i've been leaning towards a dark metallic gray/graphite?!?!?! anyway..the motor is gonna get pulled and prayed "HEMI ORANGE"!!! :yesnod:..i think it'll look better against the dark engine bay..than the beat up dull turquiose it is now.   
i've decided to go with SSBC brakes...force ten (hemi orange powdercoated) 4 piston calipers!!!! just waiting for a call back from them on a DC.com discounted price?!?!?!?  ???  emailed hotchkis..... reply was - they have no products matching my aplication..but thanks for your support anyways!!! ::)  (NYCMILLE MIKE) got the last sway bars for chargers from them!!!! hahahahaha!!!!  probably go with addco bars, and heavy duty front end rebuild from "just suspensions".......
and that's where we stand as of today!!!!!!!!!!!  i'll take some pics this weekend...
:devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

man! primer black chargers look good. looks like you got a plan. good luck with everything . who's doing your engine rebuild?
Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

HITMAN 149

hey rene...
a friend of mine (Teddy) in red bank owns T & T auto/ LIL DEVIL hot rods & bikes (732)530-5221. i've know him since when i bought my first car in high school. a 71 chevelle.  i trust him that he's cool & won't screw me... he's a good guy. 
yea it looks cool primer black... needs body work!!!!  I saw a new 3 series BMW the night, while driving around at work...it was friggin nice!!!!! i went online & found out the color is called "sparkling graphite metallic" NICE!!!!!!!!!!!   :o   i was thinking that color or simillar, black vinyl roof and a black tail stripe!!!!! 
mua-hahahahaha :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

Charger-Bodie

sounds like a good color what color are you leaning towards on the interior ?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HITMAN 149

hey mike....
if you go to BMW.com .... 3 series...build your car..... the color is called "sparkiling graphite metallic" ( i know....it sounds like a queer color name!!! hahahaha)  but it was figgin nice!!!  i also really like the "spiral gray on the 02' vettes, but this is a lil darker!!!!! 
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

hey hot 68.....
damn nice car man!!!!!!!! i haven't made any comments about your resto...but have been following the post!!!
black...... or black with gray pleats if i use the stock 68' style seat covers????? the car was orig green on green!! ewwwww!! LOL
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

John,
That's the color. I think your color choice is AWESOME!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

:icon_smile_wink:
If you ask him nicely, maybe ds440 could 'shop your color and stripes on your ride?

HITMAN 149

yea... i asked fred (plum500) to hook me up ...but he's been a lil busy, i sent him a couple pics to shop in the color & stripes fore me....of course one  is a rear pic of mike's MR ANGRY!!! LOVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!  and another of one w/ a black vinyl roof!!! i'm a bit aways from paint yet, hopefully in  2 months or so i'll get it to the body shop?!?!?  the time to decide?!?!? ::)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

BigBlockSam

i'm that way with the daytona. i change the color every other month .  :shruggy:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

HITMAN 149

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM????????????????:o
either........
#1)  sparkling graphite metallic w/ a black vinyl roof & black tail stripe.....
OR....
#2) black saphire metallic w/ a black vinyl roof & gray tail stripe OR flat black stripe?!?!?!?!?

aghhhhh descisions...descisions...descisions!?!?!?!?!??  ::)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

I really like both of those colors so either would be deadly on your car John. 

I really like the top picture's color, but that combo you specifeid in no 2 there would really look killer too, dang, tough choice there...

v/r
Mike

tan top

it is always difficult when deciding on paint job color .  .. but i like you #1 choice  :yesnod:   just a thought what about a  real dark red or may be white tail stripe  :scratchchin:  i might of missed this , but what color you going on the interior ?
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

HITMAN 149

hey mike....
yea i know they both sound killer?!?!?!?!?!? aggghhhhhhhhh!! LOL nice beemers tooooooo!!!! hahahaha  ahhhh frigg it..sell the r/t & just buy a beemer!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

hey tan....
no offense to anyone...red is out of the question.... not a big red fan!! 
black or black w/ gray int. ????

after i get my photo shop'd pics..i'll have to put up a poll !!!!!!!!!!!  ::)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

mua- hahahaha  :devil:
just ordered my SSBC front disc brake conv kit!!!! (part A156-2) w/ hemi orange powdercoated force 10, 4 piston calipers!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!
garret hooked me up and gave me a great price!!! thanks matt for hooking me up about the "group buy discount"!!! :icon_smile_big:

also ordered my performance suspension: (STAGE I kit): complete poly/graph front end rebuild w/ heavy duty tie rods, front & rear sway bar, and front & rear kyb gas shocks!!!! 

can't wait till they get here & dig in!!!!!!!! :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

tan top

Quote from: hobobum149 on February 14, 2007, 04:27:42 PM
hey tan....
no offense to anyone...red is out of the question.... not a big red fan!! 
black or black w/ gray int. ????

after i get my photo shop'd pics..i'll have to put up a poll !!!!!!!!!!!  ::)
              thats ok  ;D   i get carried away  some times  :yesnod:   i have got this thing at the moment  for  a real dark red tail  stripes  on   a black , or metallic blue ,  silver ,or  gray   painted charger,  with white interior  ;D   ::)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 

BigBlockSam

HITMAN 149

hey rene...
nah....just trying to update the car, and make it as modern as i can, with-in my budget.  i'm not a purist...so i'm not looking to make it back to original specs, but  don't anybody (purists LOL) worry, i'm not gonna chop it all up either, i'm gonna keep all the original stuff i take off , and anything i do is just bolt on stuff.  my car has no fender tags/ build sheet, and by far is not an original survivor, so i'm not concerned w/ changing some stuff.  NYC MIKE is my idol!!!!!! hahahaha  I LOVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!  :yesnod:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

well i stoped by the shop today to drop off my front end kit (of course the bump stops are on backorder :icon_smile_blackeye:) oh well no biggie though!  the motor is sprayed with it's first flat coat!!! and my buddy said it should pretty much be done in about 2 weeks!!! NICE!!!! here's a couple quick pics i took of the motor & engine bay (that will be all cleaned up nice & sprayed black). yea baby!!!! we decided to go with a 3:73 rear.  so far the engine harness looks good...still need to check out the dash harness?!?!? PROGRESS....PROGRESS.....PROGRESS!!!!! 
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

TruckDriver

The flat paint on the engine kinda makes it look like one of those fake plastic blocks.  :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HITMAN 149

hahahaha yea it does look like a lil plastic model motor!!! hahahah  :icon_smile_blackeye:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

plum500

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on February 14, 2007, 01:35:42 PM
yea... i asked fred (plum500) to hook me up ...but he's been a lil busy, i sent him a couple pics to shop in the color & stripes fore me....of course one  is a rear pic of mike's MR ANGRY!!! LOVE THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!  and another of one w/ a black vinyl roof!!! i'm a bit aways from paint yet, hopefully in  2 months or so i'll get it to the body shop?!?!?  the time to decide?!?!? ::)

Oh crap, now I feel guilty :) ... I've got the whole day free today.. I'll do some shots up

EDIT: I'm on it now  :icon_smile_big:

plum500

Added some rake, bigger wheels (est ~17" TTO, darker painted spoke), bigger tires, black paint, black grill, and dark gray stripes...

plum500

plum500

HITMAN 149

sweet work plum!!! thanks!!
stoped off at the shop today to drop off some $$$$, and my 2-SSBC brake boxes!!! they came last nigbt, while i was sleepin before work!!! they were on the porch when i was going to leave to house!!! excellent!!!!! the plan is comming together!!!!!!!!! LOL!!
took another look at the motor... the deck pad is a lil smothed over, and hard to read ...so i diped my finger in some oilf & patted it on the deck pad to fill up the stamp groves!!! BINGO!! hehehehe (i was told it was a 69" block...but i guess tehy were wrong?!?!? ehh no biggie..it's still a 440!!!)
it reads:
F440          V (or what looks more like an upside down "A"???)

4  6            2

so there it is?!?!? what ever it all means!!! hahahaha well "F" is a 70 block.. what the "V" or upside down "A" mean???
4  6 ??? (no clue?!?!?)  and the 2 i would presume is maybe a "HP2" with the "HP" worn down?!?!?!?

any help??? 
thanks...
-JOHN
teddy says.. the car should be ready by next friday or so!!!!!!!!!! wooo-hooooo!!!!!!  :devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

OK....
here we go, some wheels ideas?!?!?!?  18's out back & 17's up front!!!!
1) American Racing TT II's
Boyd Coddington:
2) "Magneato"
3) "Widow"
and billet specialties wheels:
4) "qulifier"
5) "street star"
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

here are the 2 billet specialties:
4) "Qualifier"
5) "Street Star"

:icon_smile_big:
thanks for any comments!!!!!!

01 BMW 740i SPORT  

tan top

all look good . but I'm liking the  American Racing TT II 's best  :yesnod:

Charger Stuff 

HITMAN 149

hey top...
yea i like them too, but like the other ones also??? hhhmmmmmmmmmmm ???
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

plum500

Hey John, haven't got the roof done yet -- but here's the R/T on there, a black and white shot, got rid of the well moldings, and my vote for the wheel choice :D

Pistolpete

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

HITMAN 149

here's some photo shop'd pics that my great :icon_smile_big: buddy DS did for me with some of my wheel chioces?!?!?!? LOL
i think i'm still diggin the Amer Racing TT II's, but hey...ya never know!!!! LOL
once again a BIG THANKS to DS & Plum500, for some coooool pics!!!!
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

HITMAN 149

yea mike....
i think they look sweet (even though every one & their grandmother has them nowadays!! LOL) & also aren't a budget breaker!!! i think that pic DS did with them looks great...like they are actually on the car!!!  :yesnod:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

HITMAN 149

3-19-06...
stopped by the shop earlier, status quo on the motor. but the drivers side caliper & shock is on, the inner fender wall is all reprayed/undercoated!!!! looks coooooool!!!!!! (i think!!!)
it's gettin there!!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

HITMAN 149

stopped by the shop today to check on progress... and we're gettin there!!!!!!! LOL
front disk brakes are all on, suspension is all on...(except sway bars), motor is all painted and in, new carb, intake was bead blasted, and all new looking! engine bay was all cleaned & sprayed black. trans is all rebuilt w/ a shift kit and stall converter...just waiting to hook it up to motor.
ehhhhhh slowly but surely we're gettin there!!!!!
MUA-HAHAHAHAHA
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

NYCMille

Nice man... looks like its coming along just fine.

SnoPro440

Hitman,

Looking good.  When do you get it back?  I'm still waiting on mine to get home.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

HITMAN 149

hoping on a couple of weeks???? ehh we'll see...i've gotta do my dash over this week...so we can put in the new autometer gauges!!!!
also waiting on a new hurst pro-matic shifter i just ordered!!! (thanks PAT!!!!!)
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

terrible one

Street Star!

By the way, the car is looking good. Bet it'll come to a halt plenty quick enough to throw your passengers face into the dash too.  :2thumbs:

70charginglizard

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on January 26, 2007, 11:39:58 AM
original color was a green on green car!!! ewwwwwww  :-X (sorry no offense meant for anyone else's green chargers!!! :angel:) just not a big color green fan...especiallly the greens of that era?!?!?!?
thanks on the rims too!! yea they look cool for now (15x8 rear & 15x7 fronts) but i'm leaning towards A.R. HOOPSTER not sure 16's or 17's yet?!?!?!?
-JOHN
:nana: :no: :poke: :boxing_smiley: :rant: :nono: :whistling: :spank: :mad: :nutkick:

Just kidding man.

You gotta do whats ya gotta do.  :2thumbs:
70charginglizard