News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Never seen one of these....Non Mopar

Started by bookedbydano, January 24, 2007, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookedbydano

Okay I was helping a farmer out and went into a shed to get a auger and saw this.  Never seen one , so I took a shot of it...it is someones who is renting a farm house..Man there are cars all over here...

Shakey

Looks like a 66 Comet Mercury to me.   :yesnod:

Is it for sale?

Try and find out how much he wants.   :yesnod:

ChargerSG

I would never had guessed if the plate havent been there :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

TruckDriver

I know of 3 of those around me. All restored.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

My brother had one of those when I was 10. By the time he was finished with it there wasn't a straight panel on it I don't think. One time he was screwing around on a country road, spun out and sideswiped a plow. Then he got the other side when he sideswiped an IH Scout in town. There aren't too many cars my brother has had very long that he didn't wreck, and he's had quite a few. :rotz:

Anyway, they are Mercury's answer to the Ford Fairlane. The Comet Cyclone GTs can be worth some moola.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Fairlane-66-FAIRLANE-1966-FORD-FAIRLANE-500-BUCKET-SEAT-CONSOLE-NICE-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6230QQihZ006QQitemZ160076772211QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercury-Comet-1966-Mercury-Comet-Cyclone-GT-S-Code-390-335-hp-Rare_W0QQitemZ330078864386QQihZ014QQcategoryZ5367QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Shakey on January 24, 2007, 08:04:46 PM

Is it for sale?

Spoken like a true smartass. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

My friend has a couple all waiting for someone to buy and restore....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 24, 2007, 10:19:14 PM
Quote from: Shakey on January 24, 2007, 08:04:46 PM

Is it for sale?

Spoken like a true smartass. :lol:

:shruggy:  What?  I'm just curious.  You don't need to get all huffy Grant!   :rotz:

Jon Smith

if you're that curious look at the pic again ;D

6pkrunner

a 58 'vette that's not for sale but he may take $7400 for it?

dkn1997

Quote from: bookedbydano on January 24, 2007, 07:54:30 PM
Okay I was helping a farmer out and went into a shed to get a auger and saw this.  Never seen one , so I took a shot of it...it is someones who is renting a farm house..Man there are cars all over here...

ok...that's 2 this week.   would you consider renting me a room in your house.  and the best part is that you post the pics....excellent job.
RECHRGED

Drache

Mercury Comets and Ford Galaxies are near identical, as well as ford fairlanes if I remember correctly....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BrianShaughnessy

Lisa's dad had a new '66 Comet GT 4 speed w/ the glass hood and the whole getup back when.  Traded it in on a 72 yoda wagon  when the 3rd daughter  was born.   1st gas crisis and all that junk.   I guess it had 60K or so on it by then. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Drache on January 25, 2007, 12:26:58 PM
Mercury Comets and Ford Galaxies are near identical, as well as ford fairlanes if I remember correctly....
Galaxies are Ford's C-body car, although the body lines are similar to the smaller cars. Comets & Fairlaines of the 60's are sister cars...sort of Ford's B-body. The A-body equivalent for the period was the Falcon...I forget Mercury's version, at the moment. :ahum:
In the 70's, Comets & Mavericks shared the same foundation & the Fairlane name was dropped in favor of the Torino. Mercury's version of the Torino was the Cyclone.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drache

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 25, 2007, 01:20:02 PM
Galaxies are Ford's C-body car, although the body lines are similar to the smaller cars. Comets & Fairlaines of the 60's are sister cars...sort of Ford's B-body. The A-body equivalent for the period was the Falcon...I forget Mercury's version, at the moment. :ahum:
In the 70's, Comets & Mavericks shared the same foundation & the Fairlane name was dropped in favor of the Torino. Mercury's version of the Torino was the Cyclone.

Closet Ford lover are we?  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Drache on January 25, 2007, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 25, 2007, 01:20:02 PM

Closet Ford lover are we?  :icon_smile_big:
Well...yeah. :icon_smile_tongue: