News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air bubble car cover. Anyone have/use one?

Started by bull, January 24, 2007, 03:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.autotoystore.com/carcap.html

Just wondering if anyone here uses one of these air bubble car covers? Looks like it would work pretty good to keep the world out.

"The Car Capsule works with a fan directing a continuous airflow running through a clear inflatable bubble. The evaporative storage keeps your car dry, prevents corrosion or mildew, and eliminates musty interior odors. The filtered air keeps the car or motorcycle dust and insect free and in Concours condition without constant detailing. It is extremely economical to run, using about $1.50 worth of electricity a month. Expensive dry packs, air conditioners and humidifiers are unnecessary with The Car Capsule."

Charger_Fan

My boss's son stored a 1st year Viper in one for a while. The bubble worked great! The only sort of upkeep with it were occasionally cleaning the little filter in front of the fan & making sure nothing punctured little holes in the outer skin.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mean 318

there is a turbine car that is stored like that somewhere, I had an article about it... It said the car was like new still. It was some kind of automotive museum that couldn't dislay the cars, they kept a whole bunch of them inside of bubbles! Anyone else see that article?

TripleBlackGator

I put my "You know what" inside something similar and all I can say is that when it came out it looked way worse then when it went in. Like I said. The Lithium is wearing off...and FAST!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Recharger

I know I've seen someone on the site post pictures of their capsule, I think it was BigBlockSam maybe?  :scope:  From what I recall it worked pretty well. 

EDIT:  found it...good ol' search function...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4090.0.html

bull

Quote from: Recharger on January 24, 2007, 07:27:35 PM
I know I've seen someone on the site post pictures of their capsule, I think it was BigBlockSam maybe?  :scope:  From what I recall it worked pretty well. 

EDIT:  found it...good ol' search function...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4090.0.html

Thanks man! I guess I should try using that search more often. :-\

BTW, interesting treatment with Homer's pic. Kinda wierd but entertaining. :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

Quote from: Mean 318 on January 24, 2007, 04:55:22 PM
there is a turbine car that is stored like that somewhere, I had an article about it... It said the car was like new still. It was some kind of automotive museum that couldn't dislay the cars, they kept a whole bunch of them inside of bubbles! Anyone else see that article?
do you mean in that issue of mopar action? oct 2006, page 46  ;D

bill440rt

I use something just as effective & a little more affordable, it's called a "Car Jacket." You basically drive over it, put pouches of Stay-Dri in & throughout the car, cover it with your regular car cover, then fold the Car Jacket over & zip it up tight. They give you little padlocks to keep it shut.
It keeps out rodents, dust, dirt, & best of all: moisture! I put the car away every late fall, & open it early spring. Car looks super clean, just like the day I put it away.
I ran a thread on this topic a long time ago, it was stored in the archives somewhere I think. I might be able to post the pictures at least of how this is done.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mean 318

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 24, 2007, 11:15:10 PM
Quote from: Mean 318 on January 24, 2007, 04:55:22 PM
     do you mean in that issue of mopar action? oct 2006, page 46  ;D
That sounds right!

superduperbee

Henry Ford Museum in Dearborne MI uses the bubble for all cars not presently displayed in the museum. If it's good enough for priceless one of a kind cars, it's good enough for me!!! :yesnod:

Big Sugar

BE VERY CAREFULL !!  you don't need to go to that extreem to keep a clean car. That Bag requires maintaence and if your going for long term storage you'll need to keep it up. 4 years ago I drove 16 hours to look at a race prepped Datsun 240Z that had been in storage for quite a few years in a Car Bag......
The owner said it had been maintained but hadn't opened the bag in two years.
  Needless to say the Car was full of mold and mildew. All the Aluminum was seriously oxidizing, The Car was just a mess. And to top it off a mouse had chewed it's way into the bag and made himself a nice nest in the engine compartment. Chewed the filters right off the three twin choke webers !!
I'll look for a link that I saw with a writeup on Car Bags, You may consider just getting a good quality Cover.

Ron

Ok found the links...Have a look and you decide.

http://www.theguildofautomotiverestorers.com/places_to_store_cars.htm

http://www.theguildofautomotiverestorers.com/storage.htm

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b