News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this '70 still at Universal Studios?

Started by bull, February 02, 2007, 12:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I might be going to SoCal here in a few weeks and we might be going to Universal Studios for one day (the balance at Disneyland) and I'm just wondering if this F&F Charger is still there. Anyone know? Anyone here see it? Does it run?

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/gitm_gallery.html

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Drache

Last time I seen it... it was pretty rusty though if one looked close enough....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Drache on February 02, 2007, 02:50:18 AM
Last time I seen it... it was pretty rusty though if one looked close enough....

Shiny on the outside, rusty underneath. Sounds like a hlpag job.

Drache

Quote from: bull on February 02, 2007, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: Drache on February 02, 2007, 02:50:18 AM

Shiny on the outside, rusty underneath. Sounds like a hlpag job.

:haha:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

It was still there as of last July (2006).  On display like in the pics, with a wrong-year 70's Bluesmobile cop car nearby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looked like a typical Hollywood buildup.  Like they bought a medium-shape project car off the street that was driveable but needed a big resto, and then they did quick n' dirty body job on it.  A good shot better than a HLPAG car, but you'd still be tearing it down and redoing it all later.

I'm not sure whether it was a real prop-car from the first F&F movie or not.  If it wasn't a real screen prop car, then it looked like might have been built by some of the same crew as the movie cars.  I got the strong impression that it was not just an outsourced copy from an unrelated car builder like George Barris or somebody.  It shared too many odd similarities with the actual movie cars.

jasonfromIKILLYA

I remember the year Blade came out they had the charger on the road with the Ozzfest tour.  It almost made me not want to see the movie.  It was FULL of bondo, had a horrid paint job, bad window tint, missing parts, and they claimed (as if it was something to brag) that it had a chebby powerplant.  ugh
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

2Gunz

Last time I was there it was still on display.

But to be honest its not much to look at..........

Ghoste

Still gotta be better thanĀ  looking at any of the ricers from that flick though. ;)