News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN Tag

Started by RDR-838, January 24, 2007, 01:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

oh boy, here we go again :o

MOPARHOUND!

More tag info for 6t9Charger's registry.  Would be one to red flag.

Some neat options.

4 speed car with the A36 Performance Axle Package: 3.55 Sure Grip, Max Cool Radiator (the sought after "054"), 7 Blade Fan, and "HEMI" suspension.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RT DAVE

This stuff happens so often behind the scenes it's ridiculous.  My buddy sold the tags from his 70 RT 4 sp car to somebody ten years ago and he had no idea that what he did was suspect at best.   I think he even supplied the guy with the vin tag, core support section, fender tag & title.  I don't believe the guy got the trunk rail numbers, however, as my buddy didn't know about that one.  If you ever come across a GO-MANGO 4SP 70 RT BE HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS OF THE TRUNK LIP NUMBERS!  The car was sold to somebody in WI.   I haven't come across the rebody myself as of yet, but I'm sure the day will come... 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

hemigeno

Quote from: RT DAVE on January 24, 2007, 02:57:55 PM
This stuff happens so often behind the scenes it's ridiculous.  My buddy sold the tags from his 70 RT 4 sp car to somebody ten years ago and he had no idea that what he did was suspect at best.   I think he even supplied the guy with the vin tag, core support section, fender tag & title.  I don't believe the guy got the trunk rail numbers, however, as my buddy didn't know about that one.  If you ever come across a GO-MANGO 4SP 70 RT BE HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS OF THE TRUNK LIP NUMBERS!  The car was sold to somebody in WI.   I haven't come across the rebody myself as of yet, but I'm sure the day will come... 

Chris G. and the '70 Registry would love to have that info if you haven't already given it to them...

Thanks for the heads-up though!  There's probably a lot of people who innocently enough sold some things that other folks then used to perpetrate (what we see as) a fraud on someone else.  I guess 10-15 years ago people were more interested in how good of a job was done on the restoration rather than verifying the pedigree to the Nth degree.

mikepmcs

can't we report to ebay as potential fraud and illegal activity pending.  i reported that one green one that was up there 3 times in different states yesterday and they took it off.(not sublime 69's either).

whatta you think?  I can't see anything legitimate this could be used for.

If i'm wrong please educate me.

thanks
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?