News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2006 Dodge Charger Poll

Started by 70charginglizard, July 18, 2005, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion of the new 2006 Dodge Charger

I Like it
35 (32.7%)
I Hate it
72 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pistolpete

I agree with fastbackjon, dont like'em - dont read the posts

I'll reserve judgemnt until I see a two door model,
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

cudaken

Here is the odd thing that has happen with me. I am all wise for the underdog, guess that is one of the reason I am a Mopar fan. More the people hear pick on the New Charger guys, the more piss I get.

Be like one of the few lucky 66-71 Hemi guys hear telling someone that there 318 what ever is a pices of sh-t. Guess who side I be on?

Car is not ugly, but not the prom queen either. Name, well lets faces it guys, most of the 66-75 Chargers where not real Muscle cars. Only the R/T and 383, 400 and 440 HP cars where real Muscle cars. Some feel after 72 and later where not Muscle cars at all. I don't know the numbers but I bet 75% of the Charger made where good looking (I will given them that) going to the store and work cars.

Cuda Ken
I am back

70charginglizard

Quote from: Ghost on October 16, 2005, 12:54:57 AM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on October 16, 2005, 12:18:25 AM
Guess it's time to bring the poll back up.   :-\

Why?
Is there a law against bumping a post up that reflects the opinions of the majority of a forum???

Are you afraid of new members getting information of the majority opinions of the site?
70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Quote from: RD on October 16, 2005, 02:20:23 AM
Quote from: Ghost on October 16, 2005, 12:54:57 AM
Quote from: 70charginglizard on October 16, 2005, 12:18:25 AM
Guess it's time to bring the poll back up.   :-\

Why?

because he was reading the recent postings going on and figured with the influx of a new member that owns a 06 Charger and the non-violent reception that member had, maybe it was time to see how everyone views the possible membership of 06 charger owners.

why not? people bump threads all the time.

Exactly
70charginglizard

Blakcharger440

Alright!..Plum500 has done it! I would by either of the two concepts that Plum500 posted! And I like the modification that he did to the red one as it follows the traditional lines of a charger alot better!

Way to go Plum500! You should be the designer and consultant for the new Charger or whatever other musclecar that they are going to make a lame attempt at building!

plum500

Just when I've either gone numb to the issue, let the horse be, or just simply settled on "those that know, ...know"...

I have to go and read this in the local paper's 2006 "Wheels" section, which is essentially an advertising insert, made to look like a collection of independant reviews promoting and discussing most every 2006 vehicle to come. Each little blurb is entitled "Impressions".

So this is what is amongst the paragraph promoting '06...
"...it might not look like the crusty two-door the time-warp types were praying for but..."

Ya. That's great. Gonna sell lots of stuff to me now DCX. :)

Sorry, dead horse and all, just p#$$ed me off when I read that.

70charginglizard

"crusty two-door time-warp charger forum"

Looky there...I think we just found a new name for our website here boy's...lol
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

<--- Proud crusty 2-door Charger owner here! :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 24, 2005, 03:04:45 PM

<--- Proud crusty 2-door Charger owner here! :wave:

Well, I know my Charger resembles that remark!! :D :D :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Big Lebowski

I've officially smoked a new R/T at lights. Of course i cheated with my Six-pack Charger having 500 HP, 2600 stall, 433 Dana, street slicks and oh boy did they hook up. Seeeeee Yaaaaaaaaaaa.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Headrope

... yeah, but the new Charger would whoop you at the stoplight a quarter of a mile down the road, after your RPMs maxed out. :stirthepot:

I actually - can't believe I'm typing this - agree with Fastback Jon. There's no need to ban posts. If you don't want to read about a dead horse then don't open the threads.

Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

FastbackJon

Update: I just read in the news today that DCX is listening to us and not naming the new "Charger" a "Charger" in some foreign countries. One example they gave was Italy, where it will instead be named the "Hideous Maximus."

:icon_smile_big:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

hemihead

They should have named it Coronet,Polara, or better yet Creeder after it's creator if they wanted it to sell.They said that they didn't want anything to do with it's musclecar heritage when it first came out then they tried to sell it on it's performance history, very confusing.
I agree this is a Charger website so since we have a separate section for winged cars, why not have a section just for Creeders?That way they can be in their own little Soccer-Mom world.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70 Battle Horse

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph