News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger, it will remain a dream....

Started by LivedodgeItaly, January 23, 2007, 03:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

im not sure i understand your up comming regulations LDI...
But Ii'm sure your american V-8 club would be all over this and helpful...
Good Luck let us know what you decide to do...  :yesnod:

Arthu®

I haven't actually heard about the plan, but I am guessing this was came out of the plan that Italy had to present to the EU by late december to make sure they have some idea on how to cut back on their emissions. Italy signed a treaty years ago and has since not been able to meet it and the EU was less than pleased about that. So they gave them a deadline to come up with a plan. This is probably it, I doubt it will actually be put through as they plan to make all the emission regulations for things like cars, bikes and boats the same in the entire EU and it is simply something that is going to find resistance and will be impossible to put through in some of the countries that have joined lately.

I will have to actually see it happen before I believe it, Andrea keep saving up for that Charger. Btw may I say that emissions has very little to do with how much gas you use it is more about how much gas you actually burn. The worst polution comes from poorly tuned cars that spit half of the fuel out of the exhaust pipe again. If the efficiency is almost a 100% a old car like the Charger can still pass the current EU standards as they are now applied in Holland (and we meet the emission rules of the EU every year). Don't lose hope.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

LivedodgeItaly

keep hopin'...never mind, keep saving for the dreamt about charger...
Toyota now is the first matter to face up... (daily driver)

Thanx

Andrea

six-tee-nine

These story's give me te creeps....

I always thought Belgium was a crappy country as far as the laws are conerned, but obviously it can be worse....

What are the gonna do to the tourists visiting italy with a 12 year old car.    Tell them to leave their car at the border and walk into Italy......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

road/track

Quote from: Arthur on January 25, 2007, 05:37:26 PM
This is probably it, I doubt it will actually be put through as they plan to make all the emission regulations for things like cars, bikes and boats the same in the entire EU and it is simply something that is going to find resistance and will be impossible to put through in some of the countries that have joined lately.

Arthur

I agree, but it will never be the trough for "historical vehicles" in most of the existing part of EU either, as the historical car organizations in norther Europe is way to strong have have major influence on this.

What about all old Ferrari, Maseratis etc?? If you can't drive them I'm willing to host them up here in the north  ;D

(last count reveals 347 Charger registered in Sweden)
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

Nacho-RT74

I'll move to Spain soon ( oh well I know I have been saying this since long time ago, but WILL  ). As far I know there is not that kind of restrictrions there. Whatever it happens I DON'T CARE and I'LL BE RIDING my car. I bet some officer stops me he will be get so STUNT about my car that will forgett the ticket ammonestation or whatever LOL. I'll invite him on a road trip :P

BTW, I don't think historical or oldies European cars didn't meet with pollution back there, and neither now, so  I think you won't be alone just because wanting to get an American car; I bet Classic european owners will be on fight too ( ask for those Bugatti oldies with 12 cilinders and similars ).

I'm agree with enviromental laws, and related stuff, in fact I'm an enviromental fighter, but I don't think classics are so many to affect that, more than common newer cars. I think there is limits for every stuff and nothing can be so extremist.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

6670charger

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 23, 2007, 10:02:16 AM
The whole business of making these old cars meet air pollution laws is really pretty stupid.  Folks who own these cars put very few miles on them particularly compared to all the other cars on the road.  And the amount of $$ that is pumped into the economy because people are restoring these cars is phenomenal.  I think the SEMA bunch said that their industry was a billion dollar industry.  Why would you want to keep people from putting a billion dollars into the economy?  I would think the same thing would pretty much be true in Italy. 

Tree hugging.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

mridolfo

Andrea, What part of Italy are you in ? My sister Andrea, lives outside of Udine. With the new law any car 30 years old or older can't be driven ?

LivedodgeItaly

...I live in Lombardia, lakes area north of Milan, 12 kms far away from Swiss line (Como lake, Varese lake, Lake Maggiore..)
mridolfo, your sister won't be touched by this stupid rules as she lives in another region.  I suggest she should collect informations about it by the way , as this is a national law to which single regions have 4/5 years to join in.
so far just Lombardia and Piemonte joined.

Yesterday's new update: as there were too many people ignoring limitation, starting from tomorrow from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. all "euro 0" and "euro 1" diesel will have to stopp otherwise, fines and retirement of driving papers for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Just worst air areas..not mine luckly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Shakey

Quote from: mridolfo on January 27, 2007, 08:40:32 AM
Andrea, What part of Italy are you in ? My sister Andrea, lives outside of Udine. With the new law any car 30 years old or older can't be driven ?

My family orginates in Udine.  They came to Canada a long, long time ago.