News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Extreme Home Makeover.

Started by Khyron, March 24, 2007, 07:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I forgot to mention this. The Extreme home makeover crew is busy at work here in Upstate NY, actually, in Colonie to be exact.

My Wife is a teacher for special Ed in the south Colonie School district. Well, One of her students Mother just won last Thursday and they are now Framing the house. She will be on site on Monday to help out. We're figuring that because she's one of the kids teachers, she may get on TV :D

here are some links.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=574970&category=&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=3/24/2007

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BB1

Hmmmm they were here in Kansas City last week.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

skip68

SOOOOO Coool! I'll keep a look out for the previews! Let us know if you find out the actual tv airing date! Love that show!!!!! Besides,.......Tye, is nice eye candy!!!Yummmm! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :D

MRS.SKIP68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

If I'm not mistaken, this will be in may. it's going to be the season finale.  ;D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Guns N Rotors

That's great!!! A wonderful thing!!!

I had the pleasure to be a small part of Extreme Makeover, Home Edition
back in October of '05. It was an amazing experience. Sad story though.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4277.msg50920.html#msg50920
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Silver R/T

I wonder if they have to pay any taxes on value of the house or any other fees
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BrianShaughnessy

It was mentioned on the Channel 10 news out of Albany a few days ago...  supposed to air in May.   Pretty cool.

They did one last year in my old home town of Armada MI out on Center and True roads where I used to blast my old 69 Charger.    From what I understand,  they built the house in 53 hours and 54 minutes.   That's probably the record to beat on that show.... they killed the old record.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Charger_Fan

You know what? That's one of the VERY few positive, feel good shows that are currently aired on TV these days. It sorta hit me a couple weeks ago, as I was watching an episode. How often do you see something televised that actually shows the good side of humanity, instead on the constant pounding we get of the bad side?
I think this show was a fantastic idea & I'm glad your wife had the opportunity to be involved. Pretty neat. :)

Oh & make your wife wear a t-shirt with your Charger on the front, so we can recognize her. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

:lol:
she was on site cleaning construction debris and moving lumber! but I can't even get her to paint a room in the house  :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

71ChallengeHer

That is really cool. I do a charity event every year. It really does make you feel good to help someone less fortunate then yourself. By the way it's gonna be a car show this year. ;)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Khyron on March 26, 2007, 09:04:10 PM
:lol:
she was on site cleaning construction debris and moving lumber! but I can't even get her to paint a room in the house  :lol:
It was the t-shirt...offer her a t-shirt next time you need a room painted. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

It was the t-shirt...offer her a t-shirt next time you need a room painted. :icon_smile_big:

I'll make one up that says "Extreme fix our damn house" edition :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Arthu®

Quote from: Khyron on March 28, 2007, 07:43:16 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 27, 2007, 04:33:19 PM

I'll make one up that says "Extreme fix our damn house" edition :lol:

:smilielol: :smilielol:
Striving for world domination since 1986

CharlieCharger

does that show make you pay taxes on all the work done? I have been curious about that for a while..?they do good things for people though, bless em.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Khyron

depends on when the house is reassessed. I see in some shows they pay off the house for the owner and give them cash for the taxes.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.