News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just a quick irrevelant type question

Started by myrtle, January 24, 2007, 12:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myrtle

While in class today I was thinking my stroker kit buildup that Im going to start this spring, thinking along the lines of the 512, I wanna really build this engine up, so Im gonna go all out. 600/650 are the #'s Im hoping for.  I got this crazy I dea about keeping the 440 as 'stock' looking as possible.
Do anyone know if I can pull this off,..?
I know the obvious things like the distributor and intake, and stuff, but what about the heads,.. can the naked eye bee fooled here?
Anyone know if (someone wanted to of course) the EDDY/MP logo could be milled/machined off the sides of the heads, then have them painted to look stock? Do the stock valve covers fit on these aftermarket heads, will a good set of Harland Sharp Roller Rockers also fit within the stock valve covers,..

I know this may seem like a retarted question but it has stuck with me throughout the day, and just looking for some answers.

Thanks guys,..
BTW Im drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade for all you'll
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

Challenger340

You mean like this ?

This is a 451 EDDY headed deal. Other than we haven't painted the intake faces yet on the heads, it looks fairly "stock'ish".
Not only that, it makes 583 Ft/lbs of Torque & 570 Horsepower on "pump fuel", all before 6000 rpm ![/img]
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

That Mikes hard lemonade is great stuff on a Hot Summer day ! But watch out, it'll hit 'ya like a freight train 1

Yep, on the roller rockers I think, they fit this one OK, but it's only .550" lift.

Blown70

I personally like mike tea, on a hot summer day..... Of couse you taste no alcohol until you try to stand up :rotz:

Anyway.... Nice motor, and well a 512  :devil:

myrtle

Challenger340,..
That is exactally what I mean. When your done with it,.. or anytime, can you gimme a run down on your setup? Id be really content with a setup like that.
Are those stock valve covers?  Do you think I could squeeze some 1.6 HS in there?

Thanks again
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

Challenger340

myrtle

I am done with that engine, the customer picked it up from the dyno, and left with a grin from "ear to ear".

What is it you wish to know about the engine ?  I will be scanning, and putting up specs. dyno sheets, etc.,  on the build shortly over here;

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23544.0.html