News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger prices

Started by mustanghater, August 03, 2005, 06:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

my dad can't belive the prices of chargers I keep on telling him their are some good deals  but he doesn't understand. can enyone explain this?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69_500

There are some deals out there, to still be had. I looked recently at a 69 HEMI Charger 500 project car 4 speed for $40,000 so I definately think that here are some cars to be had out there for not huge prices. I mean not that $40K is cheap, but compared to what a done HEMI 500 is, that is cheap.

PlumBad70

There are deals out there, you just have to know the right people..A guy where I live just picked up a 73 challenger 4 speed 340, all #'s matching w/broadcast sheet for $1700...He knows the right people..

On a side note, you posts are always the hardest to read, please start using periods and coma's. :2thumbs:

You will eventually find somthing, it just takes time and a little bit of $$$$$
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

Telvis

Prices are out of hand. If you own a Charger it's a good thing. If you want one it's a bummer. I have to admit that I would not have invested as much in my Charger if it wasn't worth as much as it is. For me it's hard to invest $20,000+ into something if I know I can't get that back in an emergency. I look at it like a rolling savings account. It's much cooler than a bank. At least it would be if my painter would get finished. ::)

41husk

I don't consider my cars as investments, thats just verbage I use to keep my wife off my but :angel:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Silver R/T

of course chargers are more expensive than ur ford or chevy, including parts, people thought i paid too much for mine when I got it. and still I get some kid that walks in backyard asking if i want 2K for my charger. Gotta get a dog...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerSG

The last years to price on Charger and Challengers has exploded, both in the Us and in Sweden, i bought my Charger in the Us for 12k and thats was a real find(but took a year to find) and its a matching#never out in rain garage kept and real low mile 318 and all orginal(exept a bad paintjob) the price for the same car here is like 20k or more.
People pays 7-8k for just ruststiff without motor and fenders and stuff(just a regular 500), and 68 RT even though its totalrestore(real projectcar) goes for 15k. So for us 20-30k isent expensive even though we have to pay 3k to just get it home and then tax and stuff for 3k cause its still soo much cheaper than here.

And then i think that allot of the high bidders on Ebay is Europen and they are allways willing to pay more and thats drives up the prices to...damn europe ;)

That s... movie have sure done it too...

Even thou i bought my 70 Challenger SE for 8k just a month ago :icon_smile_big:

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

6670charger

I've never looked at my car or cars as investments.  My 66 has far more invested in it than it will ever be worth, and I still have money to spend on it yet.  I don't care.  I love the car.  I sold my 70 V-code for about what I had invested, and probably sold the car for a lot less than it was worth.  I needed the money desperately at the time or I never would have sold that one.   I had a few things I wanted to do with it too.  I restore and drive these cars for the fun of having them, and the joy of driving them.  I spend what I have to when I can afford it to keep them running and looking good.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

az69rtcharger

I bought my Charger R/T in 1979 I paid $700 for it and it was in good shape and no rust, I'm glad I kept it. Now I am getting ready to awaken it from its 20 year rest in my garage.
But I wont sell it but its good to know that the value keeps going up

73rallye440magnum

my 73 rallye u code has gone up 6k since i bought it in april 2004
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Mefirst

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 03, 2005, 07:26:50 PM
oand still I get some kid that walks in backyard asking if i want 2K for my charger. Gotta get a dog...

-Damn if some one would say -Yeah Ill give you 2000$$$ for it.. -You cant even buy the rims I have on my ride for 2000$$$ here in Sweden :rotz: -So F... Off !!

/Tom

ChargerSG

Its like a dude offerd me his 90 shit Bmw and 3k for my Rt clone Challenger(with all options), then it was  :cussing: since he was on me about it even do i said goodby....
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

cudaken

Mustanghater, it is easy to explain. Just tell your Dad that there is a lot of middle age men going through mid life crisis. We are looking for are lost youth and find them in what we had or what we wanted when we where young.

The Charger or other car's where what we wanted but could not afford when we where 14-22 year's old. We think that thing's that we may of have had or wanted will regain a little bit of our dream's and youth again. When we could do anything and not looking for the grim reaper waitting for us when we fall to sleep at night.

See if you can find a CD by Bob Seger with the song Aginst The Wind, play it then pitch this idea. Guessing your Dad is close to my age, then he may understand.

There is a reason a person my age is buliding a blowen 440 in a 69 Charger. Like I need that power for a driver. But it was a dream I had when I was young, so I am try to live it.

Seem's like yesterday but it it was long ago.

Cuda Ken
I am back

andy74

Quote from: 41husk on August 03, 2005, 07:20:50 PM
I don't consider my cars as investments, thats just verbage I use to keep my wife off my but :angel:
i couldnt say this better myself!

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

yes price's have gone wild. but even on ebay i've seen good projects go for ok money. not to bad. but the pretty, turn key ones are selling for alot. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img