News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just might of scored..

Started by 69bronzeT5, January 21, 2007, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Was it a factory paint orange car?  That would be one rare car if it was.  While the Bengal Chargers were all ordered orange, I suppose it was possible for a car to be special ordered orange apart from the ones sent to Tom Kneer in Cincinatti as the Bengal cars.  I saw a photo of a '68 A-body with the special-order orange, so I suppse it was available across the Chrysler lineup if you knew how to write the order form up.

With Chrysler's dismal record-keeping from that era, the world will probably never know how many such cars there were.

Troy

If it has orange paint and a 69 tail panel I'm guessing it may have had an "01" on the doors and a flag on the roof at some point. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bronzeT5

LOL! Ya, since CHARGER PUNK couldnt get pics. Im gonna get some in a few weeks. My grandma lives 2 blocks from the car. I used to live two blocks from the car also. But now..I live 55 miles from the car. And thes a big body of water between us.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

THE CHARGER PUNK

nope, sadly not an original orange car, i checked fender tag and it was an original pp1 red car,next time i go back i will get pics and vin and fender tag rubbings-MATT