News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fresh Air Hood 69 Charger

Started by chargerbr549, January 21, 2007, 02:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerbr549

A while back there was a topic on different hoods for 2nd gen chargers, I finally got to measure the 70 Roadrunner air grabber hood and it looks like it would probably fit except one major problem is that its about 6 inches too short,there would probably be alot of metal fabbing, so much for those plans! Has anybody come up with any other ideas or fresh air hoods, I want something that looks kind of like a factory style hood and not some redneck mailbox lookin' bird catcher (I hope I didn't offend anyone on that statement)? LOL
I have always wanted some type of air grabber or shaker hood but unfortunately it wasn't an option on chargers until 71.
Kevin

Just 6T9 CHGR

This guy grafted one onto a '70 Charger :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

AirborneSilva

That looks pretty sweet, he did a great job of it.

Charger-Bodie

i dont have pics but i have seen a air grabber from a 70 rr grafted into a 69 hood you can but a kit online for converting a 70 rr stock hood into a air grabber im thinking that someone with very good metal working skills could make it happen  you would need to deal with the center ridge of the charger hood vs the flat rr hood but i think it would be very doable
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

THE CHARGER PUNK

Kab had a 70 rr bulge hood(non air grabber) and he cut out the center and welded it over the charger hood :yesnod:, ill try n look it up-MATT

p.s. Chris that picture of that 70 is Awesome :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

That is a friend of Doug's (hemidoug)....is was in Mopar Muscle a while back
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Very slick.  When I see something like that it really makes me wonder why Dodge didn't do that themselves.

AirborneSilva

I'm wondering if anyone could get more pictures of that, I'm thinking that my hood would look good with that on it  :yesnod: My brother had a RR (can't remember if it was a 70 or not), it had one of those air grabbers, I thought that was the coolest thing  :icon_smile_big:

chargerbr549

That is a sweet picture of that 70 Charger with the air grabber hood, it would be great to see the pictures of how he fabbed that all together and maybe a few more close-ups of that charger. 6T_9CHGR do you know what issue of Mopar Muscle that was in?

Here is the address of PG Classic that has the airgrabber parts kit for around a grand, I think fabbing this on the factory charger hood might be a chore but I think it would be worth the effort, as said before the center ridge in the hood would be an issue to deal with.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID5143510DD559926-B-Body/Air-Grabber.aspx

THE CHARGER PUNK

Here are the pics of kabs hood being made :yesnod:-MATT

Hemidoug

Yep, That's my best friends car. It can be done, I'll have to get together with him and copy done the details on how he did it. I know it took a lot for metal work, but that goes without saying. I will ask him if he has and pics and get the details.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

AirborneSilva

Thanks Hemidoug, that would be great....

chargerbr549

You guys never cease to amaze me at the wealth of information that you come up with and go the extra mile to help other people out, thanks!

Brock Samson

i like this one worked out for the charger as part of the areo wars..

http://aerowarriors.com/cda/cda_100969.html

more pics and solutions at the link:

Ghoste

You don't have a finished and installed pic, do ya Brock?

Brock Samson

i thought there was one on that link...  :-\

BTW:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,17155.0.html

no the hood still ain't installed and it's not for sale either... sorry.. :pity:

THE CHARGER PUNK

i like that hood and that cowl scoop :yesnod:-MATT