News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

AKcharger

The70RT

Quote from: AKcharger on March 24, 2007, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on March 24, 2007, 01:46:16 PM
I'll take a different approach on this one.  He hasn't logged on since Feb 24th.  I hope everything is well with his family.  A new baby provides many different challenges for everyone and possibly some complications as well.  I just hope it's just challenges and nothing more.  I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. 

Just seems to me there is really no reason to fabricate a story with that particular car, rare or otherwise.

my.02

v/r
Mike

;D

your pretty good..............now how did you suspend that hubcap?   49 Kaiser...right? :crazy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dkn1997

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 25, 2007, 09:46:55 AM
did ya' have anyone particular in mind?.  ;)

the three shouters or the chronic bullshitters?  I have lists for both!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RECHRGED

AKcharger

So...I wonder how that car is doing... :popcrn:

Quote from: bookedbydano on February 03, 2007, 11:53:54 PM
Okay, I decided to go over to the house and see if he/she  would sell.  I went to the bank and got 3 thousand dollars worth of $100 bills.  I wasn't going to beat around the bush so this is what I did.  I went to the door and a guy answered.  I said...Hi sorry to bother you but I would like to buy the car in your back yard......I handed him the money and I said....this is all I had.  He counted it and said Sold!!!!!!!!I couldn't believe it.  He invited me in to sign the title and a bill of sale slip.  Come to find out he is in a middle of a divorce and needed to sell so his wife didn't get part of it.....I guess timing is everything...LOL.  I started to ask about the car.  He said it was his wife's dads car that was given to them when he passed away.  He admitted he really wasn't a car guy.  He said the car at one time did have some front end damage that was repaired... the fenders, grill and the hood.  He said the hood is different than the one it came with and that the original hood and fenders where in the barn out back...we bs for a while and I asked if I could see the stuff in the barn, mind you I haven't even really checked the car out yet.  Well we walked out to the barn and he opened it up and what I saw made my heart about stop.  On the fender above the side marker was 440-6 and the hood was a air grabber style...I couldn't believe it, I however acted dumb....we went to look at the car.  I went straight for the hood.   We opened it up and there it was the Scat Pack 440-6 pack...He said It hasn't been driven for a couple of years.  I looked underneath and it does have the dana rear-end.  I jotted the Vin and fender tag and said thank-you....Oh he also said the car had been painted at one time.... I have to tell you guys this car is in great shape, this might be a diamond if all the numbers are right.  I am going to the court house on Monday to get the title changed ASAP, just in case the wife finds out...thank god she is not on the title.  The title says 1971 and I know for sure it is a road runner.  Guys is this a rare car for the year???  I have to do some research on the vin and fender tag and let you all know if it is what I think it is.  Pictures will be coming after ViN numbers a comfermed and title changed....please be patient...my first child is suppose to be born anytime...I will get them as soon as I can.  I am still amazed.........Oh he told me that he was impressed with my forwardness and not beating around the bush, not to mention all those 100 dollar bills........As I tell everyone money talks and timing is everything...Oh some luck doesn't hurt either.

The70RT

Kind of obvious...........notta damn thing. You shouldn't have brought this thread back to the top. Some cried about it saying give him some time, benifit of the doubt, he had a baby....blah blah blah. Why some come on here to do that is just rediculous....kinda like bidding on a car with no money. Perfect examples of wanna bee's or wanna have's  :hah:

hemi-hampton

:scratchchin: Like the Enquire sez, Curious minds wanta know? ??? :scratchchin:

Troy

Geez, I am sooooooooo glad I never post about cars I find. Sometimes I wonder why some people leave the site and other times I wonder why people stay. :RantExplode:

Assuming that it was real and the sale actually went though as described, my guess is that the car didn't last a week. I'd have sold it without even unloading the trailer. If it didn't then obviously no one here can prove it either way so what's the point? He's not reading it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

runninhorn

anyone know what  town he lives in? Ill call him, seriously.

Brock Samson

seems he used to post here quite often prior to the baby,..
i dunno i'll give him the benift of the doubt,.. myself..  :-\

69bronzeT5

Wow, he hasnt posted since February 24th!!!!!. He must be busy with the baby but the pictures will come eventually. Oh and btw, the shelf has been mostly cleared off ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

runninhorn

what shelf?

$5 says he doesnt come back.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: runninhorn on June 03, 2007, 07:41:20 PM
what shelf?

$5 says he doesnt come back.

My Charger used to be BURIED in stuff and Ghoste called it my "shelf". Thats where the term came from.

69bronzeT5

Shakey

What is the purpose of bumping this thread?   :shruggy:

Just curious as to what the reasoning was.

Just 6T9 CHGR

It was Cody that did it....need any more reason? :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on April 28, 2008, 07:35:48 AM
It was Cody that did it....need any more reason? :rotz:

Maybe he thought he got the car by now or the kid stopped breast feeding  :hah:

hemi-hampton

The cars probably all done by now, full blown rotiserrie resto. :scratchchin: LEON.

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 28, 2008, 11:57:18 PM
The cars probably all done by now, full blown rotiserrie resto. :scratchchin: LEON.

I think you right, perhaps the joke WAS on us! I found these pictures of a 440 6 PK '71 road runner...that MUST be it!

Charger_Fan

You're right, it looks identical!! :o

Other than this car is brown, with no vinyl top & no air grabber...chrome mirrors...hmmm... :scratchchin:

Nope, you're right. Same car. Nice find! :2thumbs:

;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

konigcharger

:haha: :haha: :haha:
the color... eh

the mirrors... eh

the hood.. eh

but no one ever adds a vinyl top to a car that didn't come with one  :hah:  :icon_smile_blackeye:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

The70RT

hemi-hampton

WingCharger

How many times am I going to have to say it: DAMNT!! Whay wont that happen to me? :brickwall:

konigcharger

Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 07:03:24 AM
How many times am I going to have to say it: DAMNT!! Whay wont that happen to me? :brickwall:

here is an idea... how about you go looking.

lets see within 10 miles of my house i know of 70 charger 500, 69 charger, 69 SuperBee clone, 71 challenger conv,  73 charger, 68 polara, 69 fury, 68 fury conv, maybe 72 roadrunner/GTX 440 4spd.  and these are just the cars that are for sale or i think i could talk the owners into selling.