News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look what I Found!!!!!! Updated Updated

Started by bookedbydano, January 20, 2007, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Quote from: konigcharger on July 10, 2008, 11:06:09 AM
Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 07:03:24 AM
How many times am I going to have to say it: DAMNT!! Whay wont that happen to me? :brickwall:

here is an idea... how about you go looking.

lets see within 10 miles of my house i know of 70 charger 500, 69 charger, 69 SuperBee clone, 71 challenger conv,  73 charger, 68 polara, 69 fury, 68 fury, maybe 72 roadrunner/GTX 440 4spd.  and these are just the cars that are for sale or i think i could talk the owners into selling.

Man, I wish I lived where you did! Within 10 mileS of me, I know of a 1986 Chevy truck with no floorpans, and a rusted out Super M Farmall. THERE ARE NO MUSCLE CARS AROUND ME. LET ALONE ONES THAT ARE FOR SALE! :brickwall:

I read auto trader, and search craiglist, and the classifieds every day. Nothing at all around me in the last 4 monthes, besides a "440 Hemi" 1974 Charger, that had no quarters, and wanted $15,000 for.

Joshua

Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 07:03:24 AM
How many times am I going to have to say it: DAMNT!! Whay wont that happen to me? :brickwall:

You have to get off the computer and get out there to LOOK for them......still plenty of cars, hidden....but ya gotta network by talking with other car guys, in PERSON.....
I know of many musclecars in my area that can be bought cheap, but are not advertised for sale..... :icon_smile_big:

ds440

Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 11:56:12 AM

Man, I wish I lived where you did! Within 10 mileS of me, I know of a 1986 Chevy truck with no floorpans, and a rusted out Super M Farmall. THERE ARE NO MUSCLE CARS AROUND ME. LET ALONE ONES THAT ARE FOR SALE! :brickwall:

I read auto trader, and search craiglist, and the classifieds every day. Nothing at all around me in the last 4 monthes, besides a "440 Hemi" 1974 Charger, that had no quarters, and wanted $15,000 for.

Psst....http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/708473892.html

My brother has already talked to the guy.  It's not worth $13k.
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

WingCharger

Quote from: ds440 on July 10, 2008, 12:06:05 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on July 10, 2008, 11:56:12 AM

Psst....http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/car/708473892.html

My brother has already talked to the guy.  It's not worth $13k.

I saw it yesterday.

Well, I cruched the numbers for restoration parts for it.
Rockers- $75.95
Front Floor pan- $489.95
LH Trunk- $179.95
RH Trunk- $179.95
Roof Skin- $599.95
LH Door Shell- $549.95
RH Door- $549.95
Hood- Unknown
Deck Lid- Unknown
+
------------------------------------
Total- $2,625.

Without the hood and deck lid. I dont got that kind of money.  :brickwall: Anyway, that car was listed more than 2 monthes ago, it is probably sold. I would prefer a non numbers matching car, because it will become a Daytona clone, and have a six pack 440 implanted.
He also listed the price as non negotiable.  :brickwall:

I found this today:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/bar/707075508.html

Its a '70 440, but it was again listed two monthes ago, probably sold. He doesnt have a price listed either if he would take money anyway.

TheAutoArchaeologist

There are always muscle cars around if you go and do the leg work to find them.  I know of hundreds around me.

www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/hemipwr70

Ryan

ericklovescharger

i know of

2 67 running and driving charger complete for 3500 a piece

67 belvedere rust free-500 dollars running and driving (i am in the process of buying it

73 roadrunner 2500

72 roadrunner 4,000 rust free and driving.

a 69 olds cutlass convertible rust free and driving for 3,000

68 charger sitting on blocks for sale for 2,000.it runs

4 79 trans ams in a backyard around the block from me with all the same milage (weird :-\) all with shakers

64 polara 500 covertible,4 speed 4,000

plus many more i forgot

WingCharger

Quote from: ericklovescharger on July 10, 2008, 08:50:56 PM
i know of

2 67 running and driving charger complete for 3500 a piece

67 belvedere rust free-500 dollars running and driving (i am in the process of buying it

73 roadrunner 2500

72 roadrunner 4,000 rust free and driving.

a 69 olds cutlass convertible rust free and driving for 3,000

68 charger sitting on blocks for sale for 2,000.it runs

4 79 trans ams in a backyard around the block from me with all the same milage (weird :-\) all with shakers

64 polara 500 covertible,4 speed 4,000

plus many more i forgot

DAMN!! You guys are so lucky. Those trans ams are the year I want, and i wouldnt mind the 72 RR. Where you at?

konigcharger

sorry i forgot some,

73 challenger rallye, 72 aar cuda clone, 68 sateliite, 73 charger SE &c... don't even get me started on the non-mopars

most of these cars don't have for sale signs on them and some cant even be seen from the road.

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

FLG

Got my eyes on a 69 sitting in a parking lot all covered up. From what ive gathered the guy wants a bit to much for it and it really aint for sale....im just hoping it sits there for another 3-4 years, enough time to finish up college hopefully have a good paying job and just go to him with cash in hand. There are deals out there, you just got to look for em.

evil1

rust free and in Detroit    :scratchchin:  seems like a drivable 69 olds cutlass convertible  would be worth more than  3,000, that far north .

69*F5*SE

I'm also in the Detroit area. Is the 68 Charger an R/T car? Where it be at?

hemi-hampton

I'm in Detroit & got a Friend looking for a 68 Charger, If you pass I'd be Interested in looking at it :scratchchin: LEON.

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

hemi-hampton

Looks like I was right, I just said the other day on other page that the car was probably all done by now.  Sorry to to hear about the other bad news. LEON.

chargerboy69

Dano. As much as I did not want to, I re-read this entire thread to see what bad things had been said about your daughter, because that would be crossing the line. I did not see anything negative about your daughter, not one thing. Sure there where a couple people throwing up the BS flag, but in fact most people gave you the benifit of the doubt.  So I am not sure why you are so upset.

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 24, 2007, 01:46:16 PM
I'll take a different approach on this one.  He hasn't logged on since Feb 24th.  I hope everything is well with his family.  A new baby provides many different challenges for everyone and possibly some complications as well.  I just hope it's just challenges and nothing more.  I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. 

Just seems to me there is really no reason to fabricate a story with that particular car, rare or otherwise.

my.02

v/r
Mike

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 24, 2007, 02:13:45 PM
You're absolutely right, Mike. If something bad happened to his wife or newborn child, the absolute last thing on his mind would be to get on this site to update us on this car...I'm sure the same could be said for any one of us here. :yesnod:

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 24, 2007, 04:52:26 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on March 24, 2007, 01:46:16 PM
:iagree: I have to agree with you guys too. If something did go wrong, then I think a lot of people here would look awfully stupid. :icon_smile_blackeye:    I'm not saying that I could be wrong, I could be, but give the guy a chance.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

69*F5*SE

Yes, I read through also and I found nothing. Why would anyone have anything negative to say about his daughter. That would be just cruel.  Nobody around here is that rotten.  Sorry to hear about your daughter man. Life throws us curves.

Harlow

I'm glad to see a really cool car like that get saved. I came across something really rare yesterday...I guarantee I won't be buying it, but it was still very cool to stumble upon it. I'll post pictures later. I have to go back with my camera.

chargerboy69

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 12, 2008, 10:38:18 AM
Nobody around here is that rotten. 

Well, maybe 1 or 2 but that is it.  :D
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Samson

Quote from: Ghoste on March 09, 2007, 06:33:18 AM
I don't know, I'm starting to have more faith in Charger Punk posting the pics of a Mod Top Daytona.

i remember when i found my '71 R.R. there was "someone" calling for proof within a very short time...

some folks just love to hate.  :shruggy: and will look for any excuse...
  not you of course...  :lol:

evil1

TheAutoArchaeologist

Won't post pictures of the car now.... oh yeah... sure it exists.

konigcharger

Quote from: Devil on July 12, 2008, 11:59:29 AM
Won't post pictures of the car now.... oh yeah... sure it exists.
:haha:   :scope:

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

AKcharger

Well his daughter is 3 now, we should be seeing pictures of that 440 6 pack road runner any day now!
:popcrn:

...Ghost, some guy talked about a barn find '71 road runner, then it turned into an origianl 440 6 pack/4 spd/dana road runner in great shape! he bought it for a song and was going to send pictures but claims a baby slowed things down. Some people think he just made the story up to string people along on the site here, but not me! I think he's 100% legit...he's just pacing himself  ;)