News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2001 Dodge ram 2500 electrical problem

Started by mikepmcs, January 20, 2007, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

I'm down at my bud's body shop and we are trying to find out why the dome, upper console lights don't work, radio, and remote mirrors don't work either.  Everything else is fine, power windows, doors, horn, lights, etc....  It rolled up on it's side and they replaced the fender, headliner, door(door wasn't bad) and the entire left side of the bed.  Customer swears that these things worked prior the accident so... I've checked all fuses, all electrical connections and still no clue as to what is causing this.  I don't have a shop manual, and i'm wondering if these things are even in the same circuit.  it seems the lights would be on a totally different circuit then the radio and mirrors. i don't know.  if anyone has any ideas, throw them out there cause we are quickly running out of options.  i can see no broken wires, etc......   or if anyone has a schematic of the door connector circuit so i can tell what is supposed to be 12v, that might put me in the right direction.

thanks

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71_deputy

Mike

I have a 2000 Ram Van manual- it should be very close to yours.

fuse # 4- 15a powers- dome lamp sw, power mirrow switch, glove box lamp, coursty lamp relay, underhood lamp, instrument cluster and chime/buzzer module.

fuse # 1- 15a for radio- power comes off the ing switch from fuse # 14 a 50 amp fuse- under the hood fuse/relay block

also fuse # 14 powers the radio when ign off for memory

power mirrors- 20 gauge wire- pink/white wire- 12 volts
                    - 14 guage wire- black- ground wire

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van