News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New HLPAG ebay name

Started by bordin34, January 20, 2007, 09:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

mikepmcs

Oh, it's definitely them!!!

Notice in the ad it says easy patchwork under the back seat area.  Probably needs rails.

I really hope they are trying to clean up their act though, but the descriptions still lead me to believe it's under the same old rule as before.

:rotz:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dkn1997

the have NOT cleaned up their act.  If that car was what they describe it to be, then it's worth more than the buy it now. 
think about it.  an Ebody with all of the bodywork done that just needs some floor patches, interior,motor.  mint examples go for 30k on the low side. even clones and this car would not need more than 10-15 to finish up.....IF IT'S WHAT THEY SAY IT IS,....IT'S NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT IS, YOU CAN COUNT ON THAT. 

Look at those pics, no good closeup shots of the body, poor lighting.  wouldn't you think that a company that sells as many cars as they do would know how to take a good picture?  they are hiding everything. 

some hlpag translations are in order

THE FLOORS WILL NEED EASY PATCH WORK--------------------------->means the floors need complete replacement along with any frame that's under them.

THE FLOORS ARE ALL DETAILED----------------->floors were spraybombed, but definately not even hosed out or vacuumed 1st

ALL THE ENGINE BAY LOOK COMPLETE AND ALL THE WIRING LOOKS TO BE THERE ARE WELL!   lets forget the poor grammar for moment....----------------------->  this means that the wiring is not there or hacked up, "looks to be" is there way of screwing you at the trial...."but your honor, it looked like it was there, we never said it actually was there for a fact"  also notice that they even spraybombed the leaning tower of power, see how they got the upper rad hose?  just put the spray can away, dude!!!

THE TRUNK AND UNDERCARRIAGE HAVE BEEN CLEANED UP AND DETAILED TO LOOK SWEET!  ------------>spraybombed again, no prep

57K MILES ON THE ODOMETER WE WOULDN'T DOUBT BE ORIGINAL! --------------->there we go again, "we wouldn't doubt"  see how they say it without actually saying it?  it would be a miracle if this car had less than 2,000,057,000 miles on it.

WE HAVE DIRT CHEAP DELIVERY RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR! -----------------------> some surly dirtbag will dump it in your yard at midnight after you pay him more than what was quoted.  he will also probably convenienly forget to give you the keys...strike that...knowing these ass clowns, this thing last saw it's keys in the 80's. 

and notice how there is no mention of theouter body?  not one word about the cowl, hood hinge area, rear quarters, area around back glass, fenders, doors.  the absence of this is a real red flag for me.  this is there game, by saying fresh paint, they imply that body work is done..because who in there righ mind would put a shiny coat of paint over rust?  that's right, you know who would.....

RECHRGED

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Well, that's a slant 6 Barracuda with a column shift so it isn't a high dollar car to begin with. If you look near the bottom of the ad there's a link to their dealer page and it's definitely HLPAG. There's no interior, grill or front bumper and they painted it with the engine in the car and rust in the floors. It looks like the rear bumper is body color as well. I don't see any weatherstripping in the pictures either. It's a 70 though so - unless the quarters are full of Bondo (most likely) and the frame rails are wasted - the price isn't incredibly bad. I would expect to pay a few thousand dollars less though and you know they leave room for negotiation. I just hate that someone will have to disassemble it and strip off the brand new paint to make it right. All the high dollar parts to clone a Cuda are missing so that could easily double the price.

Just for fun, check out the orange overspray on the radiator hose...  :eyes:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlackDodge

Wow...............spell check anyone?

THIS BAD BOY IS DRESSES TO KILL..............

ALL THE ENGINE BAY LOOK COMPLETE AND ALL THE WIRING LOOKS TO BE THERE ARE WELL!

IT ROLLS ON RALLYE WHEELS JUST LIKE FROM THE FACTORY! 57K MILES ON THE ODOMETER WE WOULDN'T DOUBT BE ORIGINAL!

Yeah, I'd feel real good about spending  13k on a rust heap from these yahoo's. :rotz:

BBD

bull

That paint is as fresh as green cottage cheese. :2thumbs:

duo-stripe

MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

Dave22443

Well, at least I can't see the ground through the trunk and floor :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

TruckDriver

I can't believe no one has said anything about this statement yet....

"THIS WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FATHER AND SON PROJECT AND WOULD BE A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE!"    ::)

Well, I guess it is a learning experiance, they just don't say it will be a good one :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

HITMAN 149

oh yea!!!....
i love their "dirt cheap" delivery right to your door!!! hahahah
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

ChargerSG

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 20, 2007, 12:44:23 PM
"THIS WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FATHER AND SON PROJECT AND WOULD BE A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE"

:haha:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69bronzeT5

God, it pisses me off. They take soooo many 69s and make them General Lees. I say they just sell project cars and let people decide if they want a  GL or something else. I have to admit though. Theres one GL that I like from them. (See pic). I just read their ad for that GL and it says it was originally a F6 White Hat car. :rotz: Well, its the best looking GL off their page.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 20, 2007, 12:44:23 PM
I can't believe no one has said anything about this statement yet....

"THIS WILL BE AN EXCELLENT FATHER AND SON PROJECT AND WOULD BE A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE!"    ::)

Well, I guess it is a learning experiance, they just don't say it will be a good one :P

I'm wondering when some of these fathers and sons are going to start trying to kill each other during these "projects."

Troy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 20, 2007, 02:46:44 PM
God, it pisses me off. They take soooo many 69s and make them General Lees. I say they just sell project cars and let people decide if they want a  GL or something else. I have to admit though. Theres one GL that I like from them. (See pic). I just read their ad for that GL and it says it was originally a F6 White Hat car. :rotz: Well, its the best looking GL off their page.
That car is most likely a consignment car. Notice that it's still missing the side markers though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mikepmcs

I'm gonna guess that is still their car.  They are notorious for the missing side marker deal. 
Pictures can be very deceiving. :yesnod:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

terrible one

Quote from: Troy on January 20, 2007, 03:35:05 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 20, 2007, 02:46:44 PM
That car is most likely a consignment car. Notice that it's still missing the side markers though.

Troy

Front bumperettes are gone too.

Khyron

to be honest, I think I like the look without the bumperettes.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 20, 2007, 05:23:13 PM
I'm gonna guess that is still their car.  They are notorious for the missing side marker deal. 
Pictures can be very deceiving. :yesnod:

They're probably using the same picture over and over, I bet that's why the marker lights are always missing.

rt green

tell 'em to...........drop the vise grips, and step away from the spray can! we have the place surrounded!!!!!
third string oil changer

andy74

send them an e mail message like i did,letting them know what a bunch of dushe bags they are

hemi-hampton

Not only missing side marker lights, Wheres the front Push Bar & Roll Bar? ::) LEON. :rotz: