News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynamat - your opinion please.

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, January 19, 2007, 07:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

I'm deciding whether or not to install dynamat in my 70. If you have any experience with this stuff, please let me know. Would you recommend it, and if so, where would you install it? If you do not recommend it, please let me know why.

Thanks in advance,
Mat

70charger_boy

I would highly recomend it.  I  installed it for a friend on his firebird.  I put some on the door, floor, behind the firewall, rear sail.  Well worth the money if your doing a full restoration. If you just plan on doing a roller resto, like myself, I would just use padding on floor pan and moisture strip on doors

shawnmd

What type of padding for the floor? I'm half way through a restoration and am at the end of the money trail- just have enough to finish but would love to lay down some dynamat.  But what would be cheaper for the floor and noise reduction than dynamat? I mean something you can pick up from the local hardware store? antyhing?

Rolling_Thunder

Well - I have used it in several cars at the shop and have to admit I was impressed with it as a product...     Cars seem very much improved by its presense....     highly recommended.   Just so you know - the areas of greatest need of the sound deadening are the firewall (engine noise), transmission tunnel (transmission noise), and rear seat areas (muffler noise)...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Shakey

I was going to use something similar but decided on using Lizard Skin instead.

terrible one

I used eDead. Like a lot of the other products, same thing but much cheaper. I was very satisfied!

BB1

Delete my profile