News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone put on their own R/T stripe?****Updated with Pics****

Started by Mfr426, December 27, 2006, 07:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Well folks, I finished installing my R/T stripes this AM. I started last week and had some issues with my first stripe. So, I ended up ordering the left side (again) and it installed the second time perfectly. Fortunately David at Performance Car offers partial decals for just such occasions.

I figured out that the trick is plenty of Windex. Performance Car Graphics now recommends using Windex and not soapy water from a spray bottle. Also it's imperative that you lay out the decal and mark the final position with tape so that when you finally lay it on you know EXACTLY where you want it to go.

Finally, I had several larger bubbles in the one side but after a week under a warm halogen light they have gone away. DO NOT pop any bubbles. They will come out. If it were nicer out I could have put it out in the sun and they would have gone away in a day or so naturally.

Here are the pictures that I just took this AM. The fit and finish is well worth all the prep time. Thanks all for the help.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

yeah tha looks great!  :drool5:
i've seen a few stripes put on backwards...

AKcharger

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

694spdRT

Nice job....looks great! :thumbs:

That was one thing I didn't need to do on mine. I just had to drill 4 holes in my new quarters and screw on the emblems.  ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

Well done Mike!  You're an inspiration to us all!  After seeing this thread, I am convinced that we can do this ourselves in the garage.

Thanks to all that offered up the tips!   :thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 15, 2007, 12:44:18 PM
Nice job....looks great! :thumbs:

That was one thing I didn't need to do on mine. I just had to 4 drill holes in my new quarters and screw on the emblems. ;)

:haha:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Shakey, Yep....it's a do-able job. Just use PLENTY of Windex. Not TOO much but enough to thoroughly wet the area on both the car and the back side of the decal (adhesive side). The hair dryer was very helpful too with attaching the areas that went around sharp corners (like the lip going into the trunk).

Also, I had my garage at between 75-90 degrees. I blasted the hell out of my wall heaters for a few hours to get the temp up. I'm certain that was a big help.

bill440rt

Mike, your stripe job looks SUPERB!!!!  :cheers: :2thumbs:  it really sets off the back of your car nicely.
I never tried using Windex before, though. Glad to hear everything worked out! Keep up the good work!  :icon_smile_cool:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mfr426

Thanks Bill.

Anyone have about 3 grand that I can borrow to finish my stroker motor??? I'm not particular, I'll take small bills and/or out of state checks!

:icon_smile_tongue:

AirborneSilva

AKcharger

Quote from: Mfr426 on January 16, 2007, 06:09:55 AM
Thanks Bill.

Anyone have about 3 grand that I can borrow to finish my stroker motor??? I'm not particular, I'll take small bills and/or out of state checks!

:icon_smile_tongue:

Yes I do, please send me your Social Security number, bank accountnumber and your bank routing code...I'll transfer it right into your account!  ;D

Mfr426

I'll get right back to you on that one...

:nana:

"...Yes I do, please send me your Social Security number, bank accountnumber and your bank routing code...I'll transfer it right into your account!.."   

THE CHARGER PUNK

man sweet car :icon_smile_big: man i love your car:yesnod: ,i see grand spaulding license plates any plans 2 add the famous trunk decal as well? :icon_smile_big: