News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

Started by Shakey, January 05, 2007, 10:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Ok this is crazy $800,000 for reggie Jackson's 69 camaro :mrt:

bookedbydano

Man, I wish I had money to blow,  I would be right in there.........

70charger_boy

Quote from: bookedbydano on January 20, 2007, 10:51:14 PM
Ya think?...lol

jwilk01

I guess they couldn't get the car done in time so it is not going to be on, they said they are taking it to an auction in May in Houston Texas I guess.

I can't believe Shelby's car went for 5million thats just crazy.  At least the OCC chopper Hemi bike and Charger went for more than the vette did. ;D

Later
Josh

Chad L. Magee

It is back on now.  I was happy when I saw that lot# 1342 1966 Hemi Satellite put in decent numbers at $148,000 if I remember right.  That isslightly more then the one that sold last year, it was in the $140,000 range.  I think that the e-body hemi market is going to take a hit this year, but the b-body hemis are increasing slightly from last year.  That makes sense to me because it was the hemi Cudas that went crazy for a few years and the rest of the hemi stuff went up gradually with it.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Hemidoug

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on January 20, 2007, 10:28:56 PM
Ok this is crazy $800,000 for reggie Jackson's 69 camaro :mrt:

Dude, that's an original ZL-1 Camaro! You know how rare that is? Factory aluminum block 427. That car should have gone for well over 1 mil.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Boy Racer

Quote from: bookedbydano on January 20, 2007, 10:51:14 PM
I think if I had $800,000, I'd buy a kick ass motor home, travel the country looking at every bone yard and back yard I could scour, and in that year or two of really nice traveling, I'd probably find a gem of a barn find, then I'd spend $50,000 - $75,000 having it brought back to life by a professional, sell the motor home and retire on the cash left over, probably hitting as many drive-in car nights as I could. No sense wasting any of that money to line Craig Barrett's pockets. But what do I know.

Does anyone else find the behavior of the auctioneers infuriating? I mean, I know they must be doing their job, but it's way more than disrespectful to leave a high bidder hanging on his/her $150,000 bid, while that jackass in the glasses/slicked-back hair runs his mouth, letting the crowd gnomes roam the seats looking for someone to outbid you. I hate that they run the price up as fast as they can, then stall on you, only to let some other jerk snipe it from under you or worse, just run it up $25,000 before backing out. But what does B-J care... it's just more % for them off the top.

B-J sucks (no pun intended). It's fun to drool over, but so too are eBay and other web sites. B-J is not indicative of actual market values, but it can infect market prices with unreal anecdotes of past sale prices, ruining the market for real buyers in the market. All to the benefit of B-J and detriment of the consumer market. Support your local Hemmings/Auta-Buy/Trader/Newspaper classifieds, etc.
'67 Charger: 383 4BBL, 4-spd (on da' floor), ZZ1 Exterior, S6X Interior
Currently accepting quotes for restoration services!

RECHRGD

They seem to be drifting into other arenas.  I want to watch CARS being authioned off, not musical instruments, posters, original Beatles music scores, etc..  And what's up with all the two for one stuff?  Maybe I only want ONE car.  It's still enteraining though.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

TruckDriver

I know it wasn't a Mopar, but I'd LOVE to have this '67 Shelby :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

70charger_boy