News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sublimes 69 charger on ebay for real or scam???

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, January 18, 2007, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

there are 8 days left and bidding has hit $8600 so I think it will rise!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

SuBLimE 69

It's real auction and still mine for now.  The last buyer couldn't come up with the cash, which wasn't all bad since I was looking for more $$  :angel:  I moved my R/T into storage for now but as soon as the SuBLimE car sells I'll start taking the R/T apart and over load the site with PICS and updates ! !

I still hate to sell this car  :'(  but I couldn't pass on the R/T....It was a heck of a deal.  :D

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bill440rt

Hey Sublime,
Does this mean I can take your spot here as the substitute "Sublime" member?  :D :icon_smile_wink:

That new R/T project of yours sounds awesome!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

THE COLONEL

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on January 19, 2007, 12:33:50 AM
I moved my R/T into storage for now but as soon as the SuBLimE car sells I'll start taking the R/T apart and over load the site with PICS and updates ! !

Can't wait for that! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: bill440rt on January 19, 2007, 09:16:52 AM
Hey Sublime,
Does this mean I can take your spot here as the substitute "Sublime" member?  :D :icon_smile_wink:

That new R/T project of yours sounds awesome!

Sure !   :yesnod:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on January 19, 2007, 05:16:50 PM
I don't even like green and I love that car!

I wasn't a Sublime fan either....but man it grows on ya fast !

firefighter3931

A sad day indeed  :icon_smile_sad:

Doug, if ya have to sell it, at least pull the engine and drop something milder under the hood.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 19, 2007, 08:47:30 PM
A sad day indeed  :icon_smile_sad:

Doug, if ya have to sell it, at least pull the engine and drop something milder under the hood.  ;)

Ron

I really considered that...but the motor in the R/T is the original and never rebuilt...I prolly just do it all over again.  did i mention double black 4spd 440 stripe delete !   w00t !  oh....and i bought it from the original owner who has always lived in GA....with ALL the paperwork.....last registered in the early 80s and stored in his basement ever since.....ya baby !  muhahaha

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NYCMille

Can't wait to see the new one! All the best with it man and enjoy it!

Charger Aficionado

It has a Dana too right?  What an amazing car!  I can't wait to see pics! Not to many black ones out there...

hemi-hampton

Wheres FK5 Dark Burnt Orange in your Color Statistics? Didn't see it? LEON.

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 23, 2007, 11:53:11 PM
Wheres FK5 Dark Burnt Orange in your Color Statistics? Didn't see it? LEON.

Leon, K5 was a '70 color only. You won't see it on that chart.  :icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

interesting chart, got any more?..
i wonder what it looks like corrected for color changes?..  :icon_smile_big:

SuBLimE 69

19K, you gotta be kidding me !  I'd rather plant flowers in it and park it in the front yard....... :icon_smile_sad:

69bronzeT5

So is it going to a new home or staying with u?

SuBLimE 69

If it doesn't hit 20k...fixing to yank it...this really ticks me off..... :icon_smile_dissapprove:

69bronzeT5

it looks like the interior needs a bit of work...maybe thats the case???

SuBLimE 69

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 24, 2007, 11:41:18 AM
interesting chart, got any more?..
i wonder what it looks like corrected for color changes?.. :icon_smile_big:
Plenty more here Strat....  ;)  Browse now & then :thumbs:

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/exterior.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BB1

Did somebody say Black Charger.  ::)

I wouldn't say this is the best time of year to sell a car: Christmas/ New Years/ Valentine.
Possibly Spring and Summer there are more classic car buyers, but then again BJ put a spot light on it most of January. :shruggy:
Delete my profile

472 R/T SE

Looks like an international buyer.  Not as easy as the last one in being from the same town as you.  ;)

SuBLimE 69

I had 7 people come look at it.  The person who was 2nd lives in about an hour from here.  This guy is from Germany....I feel another cluster coming on....  WILL NOT EXPORT.....quess I should writen it in German.

472 R/T SE

Have you been in contact with them yet?  I wouldn't worry too much "yet".  I sold my Super Bee to a mate in Australia and he took care of everything.  The buyer will most likely get in touch with a middleman who will arrange pick-up and delivery to a port to be shipped.

Same with my Harley.  A collector from Japan bought it and the middleman was from Arizona, I took the bike to the yard where I worked and a local trucking company came and picked it up, crated it and shipped it overseas.

Both times they transferred funds directly into my account, piece of cake.

Good luck.

SuBLimE 69

You just did a wire transfer ?

Thanx for the info BTW....

472 R/T SE

I guess that's what it's called.  I gave them my bank info. and a number I got from the bank to be used, (transfer #??) and they went to their local branch.
Of course it was the middleman that was transfering monies that the buyer had sent them.

I asked the bank about changing my account #'s for security reasons and they said they wouldn't let anything "fishy" happen.  So I took their word for it.
Some folks may be skeptical about giving out bank info. and I understand, but IMO it's the most secure way of doing major transactions.

hookem78613

In my experience selling a car on Ebay is not going to bring you top dollar unless it's a rare car.  Everyone on there is looking for the deal and don't want to pay what it is worth.... I have rarely heard of someone getting what they really wanted, especially if it isn't a numbers matching, Hemi or other rare car.  If I were you I would pay a few bucks and post it on www.collectorcartraderonline.com or www.cars-on-line.com. But of course thats just my opinion. Good luck...

If I had the cash I would take her off your hands...

Hookem
68 Charger R/T - 440 Stoker /727<br
72 Barracuda - 440 / 727
71 Nova

chargerboy69

Sublime. . . I have done a bank transfer many times. I opened up a second savings account with nothing in it. That way if anyone had the number there wasn't any money in there to get. Then as soon as the money went into the account, I transfered it into my regular savings. Making the second savings empty again. Worked good for me. But then again my wife is an accountant for our bank.

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford