News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are Factory Straight Six Charger's Rare?

Started by JMF, January 18, 2007, 05:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

Trav's is alot rarer than mine (He has one of my dream cars that I would love to buy someday when I have more $).  He has the 500 model and I have the base model /6 Charger.  According to TDC, in 1970 Dodge built 104 /6 Chargers with the three on the tree manual (mine has this) and 77 were automatics.  Very few second generation /6 Chargers exist with their orginal engine/transmission as most got either converted to big blocks or became parts cars for performance versions.  Mine is complete, but rough with alot of rust underneath that will be fixed soon hopefully..... 
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

dads_69

Theres a triple white '68 here w/a six shooter and a 3 speed on the column. The guy also owns a '68 R/T 440 car also. Its triple green. Neither are for sale, they just sit.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Nacho-RT74

There was on board some time ago a 69 SE /6. Bronze I think with Tan top.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

bronze with the ever elusive tan top?...!  :icon_smile_big:

RD

all this talk of second gens.... lol

i know where a base model 73 charger is that has a /6.  the guy wanted 2K for it....  ::)  I asked him if the quarter panels were on the car when he bought it or did the rust monster want them back at home after being gone too long.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CHASWINGMAN2

I know of one 69 in Ky that became a parts car back in the early 80's.  I know rick still has the engine in his shed.  The car might still be there.  It was a wierd car as well.  It had the c5x interior and I belive power windows, but not an SE.  Can't remember what trans was in it.  It was a bronze car with black top and interior.
   I had a 68 auto on column /6 car, bronze with black top and interior.  really wasn't a bad car.  It looked like heck but ran great. Someone had put headers on it and a 4bbl.  We used to run it up and down the street in front of my shop, until the brakes gave out................
The car still exists, I sold it to a buddy of mine a long time ago.  He was gonna make a General out of it.
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

bullit68

i would sure like to have a slant six charger.i think it would be a neat summer commuter.i've got a 68 rt 440 4 spd and a 69 hemi rt 4spd,so it would be nice to have a charger that gets more than 10 mpg.

JimShine

Charger1973

If you think about it though, a slant 6 will have to work pretty hard to pull the weight of a Charger.  I bet it wouldnt get any better mileage than a 318, maybe even worse. 

Troy

Quote from: Mean 318 on January 18, 2007, 04:59:10 PM
anyone know how any 68 slant 6 Chargers where made? He said something like 6 or 12. Anyone got a # for me?
A lot more than that:
904 total, 1 with a 3 speed and 903 with an auto

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chad L. Magee

Troy-  That 3-speed figure by GG was quoted many years ago, when just one had been registered with him.  He really needs to revise it in his white books as it is incorrect.  There have been a handful more of them found since (the best sorce on this it the TDC registry).  I used to know where two of them were years ago (one was sitting next to a unrestored 1968 hemi Charger RT up in SD when I was going to college up there in 1998-2000.  It was not the one that GG had in his registry.)......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Mean 318

Quote from: Troy on January 21, 2007, 04:30:10 AM
Quote from: Mean 318 on January 18, 2007, 04:59:10 PM
anyone know how any 68 slant 6 Chargers where made? He said something like 6 or 12. Anyone got a # for me?
A lot more than that:
904 total, 1 with a 3 speed and 903 with an auto

Troy

Those where his words, not mine! Thank you for clearing that up!