News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ram, whats it worth?

Started by Mean 318, January 15, 2007, 06:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

What do you think its worth?

I have a 1990 Dodge Ram, FI 318. Loaded, Power windows, Power locks, Cruise, 4X4, Sliding window, Tilt, AC, Alloy rims, 3.55 Gears, LE interior PKG., Disc/Drums, I have an MP3 player in it now, but still hav the stock Am/Fm Tape, auto start, 360 Exhaust manifolds, cargo light. I added a custom Pin Stripe, and have custom made skid plates. It was just painted a year and a half ago. 133,000 miles, I have all of the documentation -oil changes, window sicker, show room brosher, manual,- I know both owners, so I know it was inside all its life, and the oil was changed every 1000-1500  miles. it runs like new, no leaks. The power windows don't work, the AC doesn't work, and the alloy rims need to be restored. I have done undercoated a good portion of the truck, restored the grill. painted the wheel wells. It has some cheep fog lights on it now. It has a bed mat, tailgate mat, and the bed looks like new. all of the side trim is mint, and the rest is nice to very good. It now sits inside the winter, and rain.

Mean 318

more

Mean 318

Also has new leaf springs in the front

red72chrgr

I know I paid $4400 for mine about 6yrs ago and it wasn't/isn't that nice or loaded. Wish I had the $$$$ to buy it  :yesnod:
Nothing personal, just business

PocketThunder

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Two years ago I paid $1800 for my 89 W250.  318 4-speed base model truck.  it was a New Mexico Border Patrol truck.  Blue Book at the time was about $3000.   I would try to get more like $6000 for yours.   Good God man you have a very nice truck. :yesnod:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

Once again the answer lies in the eye of the buyer. It depends on it's condition, (of course), but also where it is and who wants it. The book will be low as it is 17 years old. BUT<<<<  it could surprise you and bring a pile..

Stress the fine points and see what it brings. What are you hoping for??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

i could use a truck like that
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

That looks like a real nice truck. I'd say it's worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $5k give or take.

andy74

Quote from: bull on January 16, 2007, 02:57:57 PM
That looks like a real nice truck. I'd say it's worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $5k give or take.
the only hold up i see is the a/c and windows,with neither working id expect to get in the 3 range,but if you are in truck country it could be a lot more,some parts of the country that car might bring as much as 6-7,good luck

mikepmcs

You would get a nice chunk of cash up here in Maine I believe.  Looks like you've done some good repair and paint.  THat is worth a bundle to anyone who lives in the Northeast.

Nice truck.

That A/C and power window deal is minor to me and wouldn't sway my decision much on buying it(but that's just me)  Andy has a good point though, you fix those or even just the windows and it could bring much more. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Todd Wilson

Your truck is a tough one to figure out.  I would say about 3000$-3500$.   Its a 17 year old half ton with a 318. Although a nice truck the new style Rams starting in 94 are also getting cheap and your body style diesels are going for 4000$ for a 2wd  and anywhere from 6-10grand for a 4x4 diesel depending on miles and condition. There are lots of 94-98 half ton 4x4 new gen Rams with either the 318 or 360 in the half ton and 3/4 ton going for 3000$ to 6000$.

Todd

Mean 318

IDK, I was thinking maybe 6-8... maybe I was a little too optimistic. I like the truck and will do all I can to keep it, but I am not sure what will happen this spring. I have a lot of work/money/LOVE into my truck so what ever I would get it wont be enough,lol. You all know how that is! ;D I put it into th car show this last summer and it won "late model/tuner" I know... tuner, but I still won and kicked ricer ass-there was quite a few!- Thanks for the kudos, and I know there is a lot of factors, but I am looking for a ball park. Anyone else can feel free to post, the more the better!

Also, I am in truck country!, If I go about 200 miles to the west, and you wont find many cars around!

Mean 318

I also got the truck for a steal! I paid $2800, and I have only put about 12,000 on it since then! When I got it, it also had non working AC, Windows, and the paint on the roof was pealing,`the rest of the paint looked like new. My insurance put the value of it at $4300, they did an appraisal on it. So I hope it has gone up since then. here is what it looked like when they did the appraisal.

mikepmcs

:METAL: :METAL: :METAL:

I  LLooovve it!(Jim Carrey, cable guy)
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?