News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dave back in Van Halen

Started by chargerboy69, January 17, 2007, 04:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I litterally just heard it on the radio. Tomarrow 1/27/07, Dave is going to sign the contract to tour with VH this year in 40 amphitheaters in the states.  ::)

Also found it here...

http://www.nme.com/news/van-eddie-halen/26041

More & better details here...

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=204d8ea0-2340-4878-a85f-5a7975395d24&entry=index
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

I don't really care anymore.   They're cashing in on RRHOF.   I seriously doubt they even make all 40 dates or come close to filling them after the first few dates.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Irisharse

Throw that bullsh#* Van Hagar crap in the shi**er man, I seen VH w/Dave in '81 on THAT"S RIGHT the Fair Warning Tour and it blew anything that doughboy load of a POS Montrose frontman ever came up with...C'mon guys somebody show their stones and stick up for what will be the greatest reunion tour ever (if it happens)

Mean 318

Quote from: Irisharse on January 25, 2007, 09:20:13 PM
Throw that bullsh#* Van Hagar crap in the shi**er man, I seen VH w/Dave in '81 on THAT"S RIGHT the Fair Warning Tour and it blew anything that doughboy load of a POS Montrose frontman ever came up with...C'mon guys somebody show their stones and stick up for what will be the greatest reunion tour ever (if it happens)
Wow, 10 posts and you are allready insulting people... ::)
Some of us like Sammy, so hows about keeping the childish name calling to yourself! :rotz:

Irisharse

The childish name calling is breeding in this post...can I not have an opinion?

TruckDriver

Well, personally, I always liked Sammy a lot. BUT, I grew up with Dave as the front man. And actually I thought both had their good points and there bad points in VH. They both did songs I like, and they both did songs I do not like. So, I really could care less either way. :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1BAD68

I grew up with the "Dave" Van Halen too, the first album is one of the best rock albums ever made. Lost all interest when Sammy showed up in the band, although I liked Sammy's earlier stuff. But as reunions seem to pop up every now and then with other bands, they all fall short of anything they did in the past (except maybe Aerosmith) So its a good paycheck for Dave but I dont expect any decent music from them.

chargerboy69

Sounds like the tour will start in Vegas.

Information. . . A Van Halen tour with David Lee Roth could launch in Las Vegas.

A Van Halen reunion tour, with David Lee Roth back in the fold after 22 years, is in the works, with a Las Vegas launch looking good.

A late April date at the Palms' new venue, The Pearl, is "99 percent" likely, a source said.

It would be the latest coup for Palms owner George Maloof, who will open the 2,500-seat venue with a lineup that includes Tool, Evanescence, Gwen Stefani and possibly Van Halen, all in the first month.

A 40-date tour is being discussed.

Roth fronted the band from 1974 to 1985 before going solo. He was close to rejoining about 11 years ago, but a blowup caused another rift.

Van Halen's last tour, in 2004, grossed about $40 million, with Sammy Hagar as the lead.

Tool would open the Palms venue March 16-17, Evanescence would follow on March 17, and Stefani is set for the April 21 grand opening
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Vainglory, Esq.

mikepmcs

Beat me to that one!!!!
Damn, I would have lost that bet and that......is why I don't gamble.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GTX

I saw VH with Sammy before they split whatever years ago it was. While I like the VH with Dave I personally thought that Sammy brought more to the group and was more polished. I also personally thought his song writing ability was better.
I just can't see Dave doing the songs that Sammy originally sang and bringing it off, way too different.

I also have real doubts that the band will hold together long enough to make the full tour but assuming that they did come here I'd go. I wouldn't expect a ton but I'd like to hear the old stuff again if Dave can sing anymore. I just don't think there is a stage large enough for all of the personalities. I never did understand David Lee Roth's ego either. :shruggy:

Ponch ®

so apparently they're back at it again. Let's see if it works this time.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070807/music_nm/vanhalen_dc_2

I've known about this for a couple of weeks (I know people who know people who know people - backstage, here I come!), but I wasn't supposed to say anything about it til it became official.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nh_mopar_fan

"In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit."

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Mike DC

DLR, Sammy Hagar, the Van Halens . . . it's so blatantly obvious that these guys are never gonna be able sit in the same room together again.

I don't know why they keep setting up these new VH tours like it's actually gonna work.  It's a nice dream, but so is another Jimi Hendrix tour.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 07, 2007, 03:58:28 PM

DLR, Sammy Hagar, the Van Halens . . . it's so blatantly obvious that these guys are never gonna be able sit in the same room together again.

I don't know why they keep setting up these new VH tours like it's actually gonna work.  It's a nice dream, but so is another Jimi Hendrix tour.

Nice post...

At this point, does anyone really care if these guys tour?

Maybe they can get Quiet Riot and Sly Stone to open.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on August 07, 2007, 05:09:05 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 07, 2007, 03:58:28 PM

Nice post...

At this point, does anyone really care if these guys tour?

Maybe they can get Quiet Riot and Sly Stone to open.

Everyday people....

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Lowprofile

Quote from: GTX on February 21, 2007, 06:50:22 PM
I saw VH with Sammy before they split whatever years ago it was. While I like the VH with Dave I personally thought that Sammy brought more to the group and was more polished. I also personally thought his song writing ability was better.
I just can't see Dave doing the songs that Sammy originally sang and bringing it off, way too different.

I also have real doubts that the band will hold together long enough to make the full tour but assuming that they did come here I'd go. I wouldn't expect a ton but I'd like to hear the old stuff again if Dave can sing anymore. I just don't think there is a stage large enough for all of the personalities. I never did understand David Lee Roth's ego either. :shruggy:

I totally agree.    :popcrn:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

dkn1997

As long as Jennifer Lopez still has a nice round juicy ass, does anything else matter?
RECHRGED

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 08, 2007, 05:21:00 PM
As long as Jennifer Lopez still has a nice round juicy ass, does anything else matter?

Apparently not.

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 08, 2007, 05:57:10 PM

Apparently not.

shit...some of things I would do to that are considered illegal even in some Blue States.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 07, 2007, 11:49:25 PM
Quote from: GTX on February 21, 2007, 06:50:22 PM

I totally agree.    :popcrn:

:iagree:

both have different styles and both are nice but is true Sammy came up a better clean style and more musical support

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 08, 2007, 05:57:10 PM

Apparently not.

that's not a nice ass. you have to come here to se a REAL nice ass

BTW I know personally this girl
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bull

Looks better than her face in that picture.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I think this thread has already lasted a good 3-4 months longer than the VH reunion will last. Or are they counting the time since they first announced Dave's return? Because I think they all have to be within 40 feet of each other for at least 4 hrs a day for it to be considered a reunion tour, and I don't think any of them could handle that for very long.

70charger_boy

Natcho, I am moving.  She is muy caliente!!

Nacho-RT74

face:

then I'm alright that JL butt is nothing ? just that you don't usually see those and that's the reason Ppl in USA is amazed with JL. I see those butts everyday on streets down here

back to topic... another stupid movement... Mike replaced with a boy that just have 15 years, and 3 months playing bass...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

i find this topic much more interesting as a great Butt thread, then a Dave's back in V.H. snooze fest...But that's just  me, myself, personally..  :shruggy: