News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paul Sr. Selling his 68 Hemi Charger

Started by DC_1, January 16, 2007, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

ramit

I see he is selling a matching chopper with it.

472 R/T SE

Troy

Maybe he read my posts about the wrong upper door pad color and was ashamed... :P

Actually, that description is a lie. It says "never been restored, just one repaint" but that car was for sale at several major shows with a giant posterboard advertising the restoration before Paul finally "found it". That's when I picked up on the claimed attention to detail and the mismatched door pads.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DC_1

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2007, 04:00:27 PM
Maybe he read my posts about the wrong upper door pad color and was ashamed... :P

Was there a thread on this car before?

Troy

Quote from: Sydmoe on January 16, 2007, 04:18:57 PM

Several probably.

Here's one from 2005 Monster Mopar:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2698.msg33886.html#msg33886

Don't get me wrong - it's a very nice car. I was just annoyed by the description bragging about the restorers attention to detail when the very first thing you spot are the black pads in a white interior. Also, the magazine article about Paul Sr.'s Hemi cars makes it sound like the cars are so difficult to find that he had to pay someone to help find one. It had to be the easiest money ever since this one made the rounds for an entire summer with no takers before he got it.

Troy

ck1

got the color wrong for 68 to, there was no B5 Blue in 68..............
CJK

Just 6T9 CHGR

I also spy the 68 Coronet R/T dash medallion as well :scope:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lowprofile

Well, I guess we should just send that P.O.S to the crusher because of those mis-matched door pads.  :icon_smile_wink:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

It's just a money-making deal. Since Paul's butt warmed the seat for ten minutes some slobbering fool will pay extra for it.

The bike is cool. I like the scallops on the tank, the stripe and the Magnum 500 wheels.

70charger_boy

I hope those occ guys die in a plane crash.  They are so money hungry.  Remind me of used car salesmen :apimp: :horse: :mrt: :moon: :mad: :leaving: :icon_bs: :spank: :police:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jasonfromIKILLYA

you know, Barrett-Jackson pride themselves on selling top quality cars and having all the correct info.  I bet they would love to know all about this thread.  It will only make them look bad if it comes out......

makes me wonder how much other bad info I've gotten from them. 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Chris G.

Quote from: Sydmoe on January 16, 2007, 03:11:04 PM
wonder why he is selling it.

Is that a serious question? He's doing just what everyone else does. He will have another Mopar, probably by the end of the weekend.

This is just another reason why MCG is losing it's grass roots image (they anointed themselves that). Another cover car being sold within months of having it featured. They even promote B-J now. It's so sad what this magazine has become. You would think with all the spotlight, one of these B-Rated celebs that gets pasted on the cover would get Rob to cut his 1978 mullet. Oh well, maybe he is still "keeping that real".   ;)

chargermick

Am I mistaken, I thought all 440 & hemi Chargers were R/T cars, and all R/T cars had a console. Could you special order it with the buddy seat?

bull

Chris G.

Chris G.

Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 16, 2007, 05:19:16 PM
I hope those occ guys die in a plane crash.  They are so money hungry.  Remind me of used car

Let me just quote this before he decides to edit :o. I think we have a new Silver on our hands. Congrats on graduating Silver, you 'da man.  :icon_smile_wink:

Troy

Quote from: chargermick on January 16, 2007, 05:32:33 PM
Am I mistaken, I thought all 440 & hemi Chargers were R/T cars, and all R/T cars had a console. Could you special order it with the buddy seat?
You could only get the 440 or Hemi on an R/T but the console was an option on every Charger - just like the tach.

Troy

Troy

Quote from: Lowprofile on January 16, 2007, 04:59:48 PM
Well, I guess we should just send that P.O.S to the crusher because of those mis-matched door pads.  :icon_smile_wink:
Yeah well, if the sign would have said "we did the best we could with the best parts we could find" then I'd congratulate them for making such a nice car. However, don't brag about its perfection when anyone who isn't blind can see the flaws from 60 feet away. It puts a slight dent in the credibility of the resto shop. ;)

Hey, they only made 475 of them so they can't all be perfect. At least it's got the correct VIN. I believe that car is turquoise too but it's been almost two years since I saw it in person. It will be interesting to hear what the announcers blab on about when that car is on the block.

Troy

Joshua

Nice looking Charger. Why's he selling???? Don't cha know, B-J is the latest craze............. ::)

And the bike?........... :puke:

Lowprofile

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2007, 04:22:34 PM

Several probably.

Don't get me wrong - it's a very nice car. I was just annoyed by the description bragging about the restorers attention to detail when the very first thing you spot are the black pads in a white interior. Also, the magazine article about Paul Sr.'s Hemi cars makes it sound like the cars are so difficult to find that he had to pay someone to help find one. It had to be the easiest money ever since this one made the rounds for an entire summer with no takers before he got it.

Troy

Maybe its the magazine who's got it wrong about the car. I know of a few guys who like to own cool toys, but really don't know that much about them. I'm sure a guy like Paul Sr. has a "Guy" who handles these kinds of things for him ie: info about the car etc..... And although its "incorrect", thats not the first 68 Charger I've seen with a white interior that had either black or blue upper pads.
I kinda like it like that.....just my  :blahblah: :Twocents:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

mopar_madman

Quote from: Troy on January 16, 2007, 04:22:34 PM

Several probably.

Troy

I remember that car from the hotel, didn't know it was the same one.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

69_500

Hey Troy, I thought you knew every 68 personally frontwards and backwards.

:)

It wasn't turquoise, or at least it wasn't painted that when we saw it at several shows over 2 summers ago.

firefighter3931

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 16, 2007, 05:26:29 PM
Quote from: Sydmoe on January 16, 2007, 03:11:04 PM
.....wonder why he is selling it.
The HEMI scared him. :D

Exactly !  :lol: Those clowns annoy me....just a bunch of "posers" jumping in on the Mopar craze.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs