News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paul Sr. Selling his 68 Hemi Charger

Started by DC_1, January 16, 2007, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: 69_500 on January 16, 2007, 07:09:09 PM
Hey Troy, I thought you knew every 68 personally frontwards and backwards.

:)

It wasn't turquoise, or at least it wasn't painted that when we saw it at several shows over 2 summers ago.
I don't have them all memorized like some people. :D Last summer jumbled most of my memories from earlier shows. I put 10k miles on the Barracuda (which doesn't count Garlits, MoparFest or Carlisle) and I have a little over 2,000 car pictures just from all the shows I went to. Plus, I had to start learning about wing cars and e-bodies. Too much is stuffed into my brain already! I suppose I'm going to have to start writing things down - but I thought that's why I had a web site with a search feature. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charge-it

Because way down deep he is a Chebby guy...See you later you big overgrown jailbird. He treats his son like a pos. Paul Jr. should strike out on his own.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

NHCharger

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on January 16, 2007, 05:29:02 PM
Barrett-Jackson pride themselves on having all the correct info. 
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Their in it for the money. The more over the hill actors and rock stars, and B grade celebrates they bring in and parade around the auction to schmooze with the drooling wannabes with too much money and too little brains, the more money is spent on the cars.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Recharger

Here's a shot of it at a gas station across from the race track.  I ran into it there just before I went into the show (05 Monster Mopar), it caught my attention because it's a dead ringer for mine (A bit cleaner though.)  It was definitetly B5, and if I recall correctly, the fender tag said it was originally a qq1 car.  Definitely a nice ride, in spite of a few unfinished details.  I know he was asking $117K+ at the time, I wonder what Teutel ended up shelling out for it?

70charger_boy

wheres the pic?......................... :popcrn:

DodgeChargerNeeded

So because Paul Sr. is a celebrity and happens to be selling his Hemi Charger your gonna put him in fornt of a firing squad for being money hungry. If someone offers me enough for my car it will be long gone and I will be in search of the next.
Jeff

70charger_boy

I have a friend with a 69 charger with a 426 hemi.  Car was originally a 383.  This car is r4 red black interior #2 quality.  I told him he has a 60 thousand dollar car.  He disagrees.  I said if someone threw 80 thousand in your face would you go for it.  He said no, because this is my dream car that I busted my ass for 4 years restoring.  This car is priceless to me.  You see, that is a real Mopar guy.  Better yet that is a real car guy.  I have several cars and I get Idiots everyday telling me to sell.  I am a car guy and I won't be tempted to selll, especially if I was rich like those idiots from OCC.  They can still bite me

DodgeByDave

Pauly Jr. is nothing. So what, he welds little pieces on bigger ones.

I have yet to see OCC actually build anything. They buy their frames, engines, etc. then they assemble them and charge the premium dollar for an inferior product.

What I would love to see is for Pauly Jr. to strike out on his own without daddies money and equipment to back him.
III, we are everywhere

Reidar

What is happening here? Why is everybody bashing out agains the occ guys? Nobody here knows the guys, right?
So why all the hate? They may not be the world greatest builders or anything, but they put on a good show! Its television, its entertainment, not real life.
If you dont like the show, change the channel, or better yet turn of your tv and start working on your car instead!

Its not strange there are so much violence in the world, with all the hate flying around..

My  :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: DodgeByDave on January 20, 2007, 02:45:38 AM

I have yet to see OCC actually build anything. They buy their frames, engines, etc. then they assemble them and charge the premium dollar for an inferior product.

And how is this any different than any major automobile manufacturer? About the only thing they build from "Scratch" is the body when they weld the panels together... Other than that, most components of the car are bought from vendors and "put together" via the assembly line.. I don't think MaMopar makes her own tires.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

6pkrunner

The take I get on it is that most people are amazed (and indignant) over the amount of celebrity that the OCC crew gets over their limited capabilities. But this is a media and celebrity crazy time and everyone has to be made into a person to be adored. American Idol, Survivor and others promote this type of inaneness to the max. So Paul Sr. gets hero worship placed on him for being Joe Mediocre at best. Then the backlash for garnering the attention with no substance to back it up.

He's just making the best of his 15 minutes of fame. The old adage "Make hay while the sun shines" is good advise.

DC_1

Any guess what time it will come across the block?

70charger_boy

I hope the car gets hit by the big advertising banners from the ceilings and the 2 pauls die.

dads_69

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on January 20, 2007, 04:20:10 PM
I hope the car gets hit by the big advertising banners from the ceilings and the 2 pauls die.
What kind of reply is that? Grow up or don't say anything at all if you have nothing good to say. If the shoe were turned around, would you want somebody wishing that upon you? I don't think. So button your lip.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

ramit

Quote from: dads_69 on January 20, 2007, 04:23:24 PM
Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on January 20, 2007, 04:20:10 PM
What kind of reply is that? Grow up or don't say anything at all if you have nothing good to say. if the show were turned around, would you want somebody wishing that upon you? I don't think. So button your lip.
Mark

I am guessing he is joking because he can't seriously be that big of an ass.  Although, after seeing some of his other posts maybe he is serious.

70charger_boy

ITS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :violin:

ramit

I believe it sold for $235,000 with the custom made chopper.

chargerrt

I think the Charger/Chopper pair went for somewhere around $18x,xxx   Too much for me ;D

ramit

69-DodgeCharger

chargerrt

Shakey

Quote from: 6pkrunner on January 20, 2007, 08:21:21 AM
The take I get on it is that most people are amazed (and indignant) over the amount of celebrity that the OCC crew gets over their limited capabilities. But this is a media and celebrity crazy time and everyone has to be made into a person to be adored. American Idol, Survivor and others promote this type of inaneness to the max. So Paul Sr. gets hero worship placed on him for being Joe Mediocre at best. Then the backlash for garnering the attention with no substance to back it up.

He's just making the best of his 15 minutes of fame. The old adage "Make hay while the sun shines" is good advise.

The funny thing is, a lot of people here think that the OCC guys are famous.  I'll bet any money that if I wander through the office this morning and ask 20 people who or what is OCC I'd get nothing but blank stares.  They may be famous to the handful of people in the world who watch Speed or read automobile related magazines but to the masses, they have never heard of them.

And I'd agree, if I had the opportunity for 15 minutes, I'd ride that wave all the way to the beach and be smart with the revenue generated from it.   :yesnod:

DC_1

Quote from: Shakey on January 23, 2007, 06:54:37 AM
Quote from: 6pkrunner on January 20, 2007, 08:21:21 AM

The funny thing is, a lot of people here think that the OCC guys are famous.  I'll bet any money that if I wander through the office this morning and ask 20 people who or what is OCC I'd get nothing but blank stares.  They may be famous to the handful of people in the world who watch Speed or read automobile related magazines but to the masses, they have never heard of them.

And I'd agree, if I had the opportunity for 15 minutes, I'd ride that wave all the way to the beach and be smart with the revenue generated from it.   :yesnod:

I would agree....But the marketing machine is sure trying to make them a house hold name. Every Walmart, Kmart, Canadian Tire, and even 7 Eleven you go into is selling T shirts, coffee mugs, clocks and toys with those cartoon charachters on them. I read that Paul Sr. made 55 million last year. Don't know if that is true but someone must know who they are!