News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Camaro Convertible Drawings

Started by PocketThunder, January 16, 2007, 01:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/autos/0701/gallery.detroit1/index.html

New Camaro Ragtop Concept drawings..  for your viewing.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

Anyone have a pic of the show car? I heard it was at the Detroit Auto Show this past weekend.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

DC_1

mikepmcs

here's the site you need to go to.  It has video and everything.  Wait for the video intro(about 12sec) Then it gets into the raggy camaro.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=119070

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

I found some...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70 Charger RT

I'm waiting for the Chally to come out.  The Camaro might be good to flip on ebay.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

Spike

Flame on but I like what they did to the Camaro better than the Challenger. It has a new look yet remains true to it's roots. You know it's a Camaro and you are not going to mistake it for an old one. The new Chally borrows too much off of the old in the style department. They are both sweet cars and it's time to start making them instead of showing off concept and pre production vehicles. it's like the 99 Charger all over again. Made the car show scene for years until they redesigned it  :sick:

70charger_boy

Whts wrong with borrowing from the old.  Seems like chrysler has alot of making up to do with that 4 door debacle they call a charger

Arthu®

Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 16, 2007, 05:13:09 PM
Whts wrong with borrowing from the old.  Seems like chrysler has alot of making up to do with that 4 door debacle they call a charger

Well you see it's old that's really the problem. You can't call something new when it's actually old. The Camaro even though classic looking is not old. The Challenger rather is. And the problem with that is is that old stuff is well old stuff in a old package and if I want new stuff I want new stuff in a new package. If I would want new stuff in a old package or or old stuff in a new package I would just alter either version. If you are still with me here.

I have to agree with Spike here, the Camaro is great looking and a real tribute yet entirely new while the Challenger just took too much of the old package which makes it old before it is even really new. Sorry guys but hey opinions are like assholes right. Btw I am not knocking the Challenger entirely it is still a great looking car, it is just not really a new car.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger_Fan

I still like the Challenger better, but the convertible version of the Cramaro definitely does more for me than the hard top version.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Quote from: Arthur on January 16, 2007, 05:59:01 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 16, 2007, 05:13:09 PM

Well you see it's old that's really the problem. You can't call something new when it's actually old. The Camaro even though classic looking is not old. The Challenger rather is. And the problem with that is is that old stuff is well old stuff in a old package and if I want new stuff I want new stuff in a new package. If I would want new stuff in a old package or or old stuff in a new package I would just alter either version. If you are still with me here.

I have to agree with Spike here, the Camaro is great looking and a real tribute yet entirely new while the Challenger just took too much of the old package which makes it old before it is even really new. Sorry guys but hey opinions are like assholes right. Btw I am not knocking the Challenger entirely it is still a great looking car, it is just not really a new car.

Arthur

Can you say old one more time? please

Joshua

American auto manufacturer's DESPARATE attempt to attract buyers, by hopping on the RETRO bandwagon.............
And they can't design anything new, so why not COPY from the past..........pretty sad really.....

And WHY is a CAMARO on a Charger site????  :oSacreligious..hahahaha!

Lowprofile

Gotta give the Devil [or Chevy] his due.......thats a good looking ride. :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charger_boy

take that camaro pic to the chevy site so those gearheads could drool.  this is dodgecharger.com not chevycamaro.com :icon_smile_blackeye:

Red Ram

The new Camaro is sweet. You got to appreciate it if you're muscle car enthusiast. It's muscle car wars just like in the late 60's and early 70's. It has a more muscular/retro/modern look than the new Challenger.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Joshua

Quote from: Red Ram on January 16, 2007, 10:26:25 PM
You got to appreciate it if you're muscle car enthusiast. It's muscle car wars just like in the late 60's and early 70's. 
No I don't............musclecars DIED in '72.............

70charger_boy

Arthu®

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on January 16, 2007, 06:44:32 PM
take that camaro pic to the chevy site so those gearheads could drool.  this is dodgecharger.com not chevycamaro.com :icon_smile_blackeye:

This was posted in the: General Discussion, which is described as: This is the place for general Automotive Discussion and, for now, a place to discuss the new forum

So that makes this post belong here, not your forum not your rules. But you seem to have a problem with posting in the right forum though. How about the charity thread, that had nothing to do with anything Automotive or discussing the new forum. Btw nice change in name but next time spell it right...

Arthur

70charger_boy

Quote from: Arthur on January 17, 2007, 11:59:06 AM

This was posted in the: General Discussion, which is described as: This is the place for general Automotive Discussion and, for now, a place to discuss the new forum

So that makes this post belong here, not your forum not your rules. But you seem to have a problem with posting in the right forum though. How about the charity thread, that had nothing to do with anything Automotive or discussing the new forum. Btw nice change in name but next time spell it right...

Arthur

STFU

Arthu®

Listen I dont have anything personal against you but here are a couple of things that you could try to understand:
A. Since you have joined (or at least become an active poster) all you have done is putting things down and making fun of people.
B. You pust stuff like the charity thread in the General Discussion (where it doesn't belong) but bitch about a Camaro thread that does belong there.

I am not a moderator here (glad, seems like one hell of a job at times) but you wouldn't last long if I were. Just tone it down a little and try to be nice and constructive. Or well you might but this is a crazy idea share some information with us or learn from this community and if you don't have anything to say just don't say anything.

Arthur

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Quote from: Arthur on January 17, 2007, 12:13:18 PM
Listen I dont have anything personal against you but here are a couple of things that you could try to understand:
A. Since you have joined (or at least become an active poster) all you have done is putting things down and making fun of people.
B. You pust stuff like the charity thread in the General Discussion (where it doesn't belong) but bitch about a Camaro thread that does belong there.

I am not a moderator here (glad, seems like one hell of a job at times) but you wouldn't last long if I were. Just tone it down a little and try to be nice and constructive. Or well you might but this is a crazy idea share some information with us or learn from this community and if you don't have anything to say just don't say anything.

Arthur

STOP ACTING LIKE A MODERATOR and keep drinking

Brock Samson

Joshua

PocketThunder

Quote from: Arthur on January 17, 2007, 11:59:06 AM

Arthur

Thank You Arthur.  Exacty what i was thinking but didnt feel the need to get in a pissing match with 70 Charger Boy.

Quote from: Arthur on January 17, 2007, 12:13:18 PM

Arthur

:iagree:

Arthu®

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2007, 12:57:14 PM
Thank You Arthur.  Exacty what i was thinking but didnt feel the need to get in a pissing match with 70 Charger Boy.

Nah me neither but since it's Roscoe now I thought I would give it a shot...

But honestly I normally don't let it get to me that much, but it has been a tough day and I just came on here to read some stuff about Charger and cars in general and than some immature idiot ruins that. I should have known better but couldn't help myself. Plus the fact that I am a 21 year old whose native language is dutch and there are a ton of people on here who's native language is english (mostly youngone's) that can't type understandable english if their life were at stake.

Arthur

triple_green

Interesting how much it looks like the Challenger and amazing the color and black cowl choice too. Are we going to be able to diiferentiate it from the Challenger when we see them rolling down the road?

arghhhh!!!!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mikepmcs

I thought the same thing when I first saw pictures of them both.  The front grille portion I think was quite different though, flatter on the challenger.  I don't have a picture of the challenger, just trying to remember.  I think they are both nice cars and would definitely drive one.  I would take the challenger though, of course.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemihead

Can't wait for these Chinese Camaros and the first one here to buy one so when it breaks down or falls apart, we here on the CHARGER site get the pleasure of hearing the crying and moaning.I guess there aren't enough Chevy sites on the net.Might as well be able to talk Le Cars and Yugos here too.What the hell lets talk about whatever we feel like.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

PocketThunder

General Discussion
This is the place for general Automotive Discussion and, for now, a place to discuss the new forum.

Off Topic Discussion
This section is for Non Auto related topics.

I dont see anywhere in the description why we can talk about non-mopar autos in General Dicussion.

chargerboy69

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2007, 03:51:21 PM
I dont see anywhere in the description why we can talk about non-mopar autos in General Dicussion.

:iagree:  I am not sure why there are people pissing over this thread being in this section.

Thank you for posting this. I have not seen the new Camaro convertable yet. Really cool car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Joshua

General Discussion
This is the place for general Automotive Discussion and, for now, a place to discuss the new forum.

Off Topic Discussion

Sure...but WHY would you WANT too..........Chevy LOVER....hahahaha :P ;D

Arthu®

General Discussion

Off Topic Discussion

Didn't I already point that out somewhere? Damn guys the title is pretty self-explanatory and it is in the right forum, so if you have something against Chevy's or other cars other than mopar than don't read those threads. Because the bitching about other brands is really getting old.

Arthur

WM23N1

With the new camaro comming out it looks like the new challengers days will be numbered. Just like the original challengers was.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

70charger_boy

Quote from: hemihead on January 17, 2007, 03:41:14 PM
Can't wait for these Chinese Camaros and the first one here to buy one so when it breaks down or falls apart, we here on the CHARGER site get the pleasure of hearing the crying and moaning.I guess there aren't enough Chevy sites on the net.Might as well be able to talk Le Cars and Yugos here too.What the hell lets talk about whatever we feel like.
:bow: