News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any guesses on a timeframe until DCX gets REALLY UGLY?

Started by Charger_Fan, January 15, 2007, 03:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

So, shall we take bets on how long it takes before the new Dodges look similar to Ford's new Super Duty front end? :o

(this poor truck is crying inside :'( )

The styling direction the automakers are going these days is just not understandable. :rotz:
At least the "non-fleet" trucks have some chrome & equally fugly bling on them...

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2008measuringsession.pdf

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Yikes! :scared: I didn't think Ford trucks could get any uglier but I was wrong.

Orange_Crush

I'm the last guy to defend Ford, but this isn't their fault...they have to design around the new diesel emissions regs which reate ridiculous amounts of heat in the engines necessitating superior cooling ergo the HUGE grille opening.  There was a big discussion about it on Allpar.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

694spdRT

Kinda reminds me of a whale with those lower headlights and huge grill.  :P
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 15, 2007, 04:21:19 PM
I'm the last guy to defend Ford, but this isn't their fault...they have to design around the new diesel emissions regs which reate ridiculous amounts of heat in the engines necessitating superior cooling ergo the HUGE grille opening.  There was a big discussion about it on Allpar.

:yesnod: :iagree:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

What is the deal with the new diesel emissions? I assume all the "clean" diesels require special low sulfur fuel to run and I have yet to see it at the local pumps. Sometimes it is hard just to find diesel and now there are two types.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Chris 69

What happened to the days when the manufacturer's could actually put some thought into it and produce timeless designs.

My '73 Ford and the other GM and Dodges of that vintage still look good today, a credit to the designers.

It's not even 2008 and that Ford in the first picture is already ugly.

Chris

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chris 69 on January 15, 2007, 05:01:18 PM
What happened to the days when the manufacturer's could actually put some thought into it and produce timeless designs.

My '73 Ford and the other GM and Dodges of that vintage still look good today, a credit to the designers.

Chris

Would look ok to me if they didn't put the headlights in upside down. and that has nothing to do with emissions :rotz: :P

BTW- the new Chevys and GMCs are ugly too. Up til this year, I did like their looks.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger1973

Quote from: Chris 69 on January 15, 2007, 05:01:18 PM

Chris

I have to agree my 79 Blazer still looks good and its older than I am (barely) :yesnod:

REDNECK

well the new gmc dose not look that ugly and they have the same emissions standards.

MichaelRW

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger1973

BigBlackDodge

Looks like a truck Clark W. Griswold would buy. :yesnod:

BBD

dkn1997

That front end reminds of me the actress Rene Zelwigger, you know...the one who always looks like she's sucking on a lemon....
RECHRGED

hemihead

I think that Detroit is in an ugly phase just like from 59-62 when I think everything out of Detroit was ugly.History repeats itself.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

TruckDriver

Quote from: hemihead on January 16, 2007, 07:16:40 AM
I think that Detroit is in an ugly phase just like from 59-62 when I think everything out of Detroit was ugly.History repeats itself.

Only problem I have with that statement is the cars were not THAT ugly even back then.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lostsheep_01

They have the door open and the key in the ignition and nobody will even think about stealing it! ^-^ That thing makes me wanna  :puke:  Glad it's a Ferd!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

ACUDANUT

HEY, I'll take the new 2008 Ford Diesel Truck.  I am done with Dodge Trucks.  My last New dodge I bought was a 1997 and it went through 3 transmissions and the paint flaked off.  Dodge did nothing about it.
I love OLD SCHOOL Dodge but not the new junk that has the worst resale value.... But, that's another story.

bull

I thought the '08s didn't come out until about halfway through '07? It's starting to get like the magazine subscriptions where you get the April issue in February.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: dkn1997 on January 15, 2007, 11:18:40 PM
That front end reminds of me the actress Rene Zelwigger, you know...the one who always looks like she's sucking on a lemon....

Otherwise known as "Cheese tits" in Me, Myself & Irene.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722