News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Part number Question

Started by ITSA426, January 13, 2007, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITSA426

Sorting some parts I ran across a distributor with PN 2875 128 on the case.  Its electronic and has two small black leads from the case.  Leads are one male and one female end.  Looking at the advance I'd guess it mounts on the rear of the motor.  I don't see the part number in any of my stuff but the PN should put it about 1968.  Anybody know what it's for. Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

possibly the dist has been built using electronic parts in an older housing , I do not know of any electronic dist before 71

ITSA426

I thought of that but it looks like it's all been together a long time.  In any case I can't find the number anywhere.  Other ideas?

hemigeno

Where is the part number at that you're inquiring about?  Is it cast into the base, or is it stamped on a tag which is then screwed to the side of the base?

ITSA426

It's cast into the base. There is no tag.  Thanks

John_Kunkel

The cast-in number isn't the P/N, it's the casting number and the same casting was used for several different distributors. Only the tag can identify it's origin.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ITSA426

OK so which distributor would mount at the rear of the motor, and use a two black lead wire with two small pin connector type plugs.  No points, the rotor looks like a spider.  Casting date looks like '68.  Could it be ACCEL, or aftermarket conversion, or 392?  It's just got my curiosity up now.

Ghoste

My guess would be a conversion.  I can't think of anyone who offered an electronic unit in 1968.