News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best place to get brake parts?

Started by Pistolpete, January 19, 2007, 06:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey guys, I have a 69 RT and have converted the front drums to disk set up, I now need :

Backing plates
Master Cylinder and Booster (with pedal "scissor" linkage?)
proportioning valve
Front brake line splitter (3 way) (goes on inside of drivers frame rail just ahead of firewall)

I dont know if these are the correct terms for the items but its the best I could come up with, I know I can get the brake lines and what not from Year One or Dante's but am having a hell of a time finding the rest - please help

Thanks
Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Shakey

What spindles did you use?  In other words, were they from a '69 or a later model?

You have a list of very hard to find items, depending on which year you got your spindles from and what you want the end results to look like when you open the hood.

There are plenty of threads about the different brake options available for our cars on this site and where to find parts for them.

Pistolpete

Hey Shakey,
Used OEM parts off a 69 Charger actually...

thanks
Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Shakey

Unfortunately, all of those items fall into the very hard to find list.

That is why I stashed my '69 spindles and used stuff off of a '76 Dart.

Pistolpete

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd